Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

What is the purpose of the Witchblade?

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BOPFAN#3

The Witchblade, is the offspring of the Darkness and the Angelus, it is the Balance...but what is it really balancing? Good and Evil? The Darkness and the Angelus? Demons and Humans? What is the true purpose of the Witchblade?

Numb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Numb12

Fanservice.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@Numb12: hahaha I agree, thank you for such a philosophic response but really have you ever thought about it?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It's the balance. If you notice, Sara in the possession of the Witchblade has stopped the war between the Darkness and the Angelus, as she has close relationships with both of them. If I remember correctly, the Witchblade bearers power grows incredibly and can overpower either the Darkness or the Angelus if they attempt to destroy one another.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jloneblackheart: Yes it's the Balance, whenever people talk about the Witchblade it's all about the balance, but what does it balance really? Is it's job to keep the Angelus and the Darkness from killing each other or is it more? I always considered it the peoples weapon, it's meant to protect the human race while the battle rages between the Darkness and the Angelus. I think the Angelus and Darkness both want control over the human race, but before they can take control one of them has to be destroyed, so they created a weapon to keep the humans alive until one of them defeats the other.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Soulstealer

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@jloneblackheart: Yes it's the Balance, whenever people talk about the Witchblade it's all about the balance, but what does it balance really? Is it's job to keep the Angelus and the Darkness from killing each other or is it more? I always considered it the peoples weapon, it's meant to protect the human race while the battle rages between the Darkness and the Angelus. I think the Angelus and Darkness both want control over the human race, but before they can take control one of them has to be destroyed, so they created a weapon to keep the humans alive until one of them defeats the other.

I think I agree with your theory on the matter.

Personally I've always looked at it as evening out the supernatural elements in the world. Almost anything in the Top Cow universe can pretty much be associated with light or darkness. I think of these things while not necessarily being in the employ of either the Angelus or Darkness they inherently possess a nature between the two be it dark/light or chaos/order. To me the Witchblade seems to even the teams out, killing both darkness and light as they cross it's path for whatever reason.

Consider that the Witchblade is basically a weirdness magnet and I think it makes sense. Attract weird, kill weird, it keeps the ranks of darkness and light from being unbalanced (not to mention unwieldy) and it keeps the fight between the Angelus and the Darkness from getting too out of hand so that the earth isn't in danger of destruction before either of them gain dominion over the other and thus the planet.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach

It's the balance between the Darkness and the Angelus. Nothing more, nothing less. There's more then one trinity in Top Cow and humanity isn't really the top of the food chain.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8  Edited By x_29

To show boobs and booty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.