Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

weaknesses

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gottheit

Hey, what are the limits of the Witchblade? Like, in the level of superheroes, where is Witchblade(we'll just say Sara Pezzini), and what level threats can she deal with? Also, does she have any weaknesses?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Boken

Methos says:

"The Witchblade has problems dealing with other 'weapons' like it... such as The Darkness, and the other (can't remember it's name damnit)... it can also be taken away from Sara by mystical means... as for it's strength level... it's blasts are strong, amazingly strong and of a mystical nature, put simply it kicked the crap out of Superman lol M"

angleus is what ur thingkin of meth

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

The Witchblade has problems dealing with other 'weapons' like it...

such as The Darkness, and the other (can't remember it's name damnit)...

it can also be taken away from Sara by mystical means...

as for it's strength level... it's blasts are strong, amazingly strong and of a mystical nature, put simply it kicked the crap out of Superman lol

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

Boken says:

"angleus is what ur thingkin of meth"

Thank you :D

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"The Witchblade has problems dealing with other 'weapons' like it... such as The Darkness, and the other (can't remember it's name damnit)... it can also be taken away from Sara by mystical means... as for it's strength level... it's blasts are strong, amazingly strong and of a mystical nature, put simply it kicked the crap out of Superman lol M"

Witchblade beat up Superman?

He must'a been distracted by something....hmmm....

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Boken

Sparda says:

"Methos says:
    Witchblade beat up Superman? He must'a been distracted by something....hmmm...."

estacado kicked his ass to

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

Like, could she take Mephisto from the Marvel Universe? Or, for Methos here, would she be a threat to the likes of Darkseid, or Amazo or somebody?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Boken

yea, but have u seent eh one whn ghost rider and hulk get absolutly pwned by estacado and witchblade.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gottheit

It's funny that Darkness could beat Superman, 'cause I have a crossover comic where it's Darkness/Hulk, and Hulk ruins Jackie's sheeit.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

Sparda says:

"Witchblade beat up Superman?"

The Witchblade is Supernatural in nature... easily able to beat Superman

M

Gottheit says:

"Like, could she take Mephisto from the Marvel Universe? Or, for Methos here, would she be a threat to the likes of Darkseid, or Amazo or somebody?"

No, it's not in Darkseid's league...

it's powerful... i'd put it on the same blast power as a GL Ring, but with more limitations and a 'dumber' intelligence...

M

Boken says:

"estacado kicked his ass to"

Yup, The Darkness kicked the crap out of Superman easily as well...

seeing as it's also a mystically based power, not surprising :D

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Sparda says:
    "Witchblade beat up Superman?"
    The Witchblade is Supernatural in nature... easily able to beat Superman M Gottheit says:
    "Like, could she take Mephisto from the Marvel Universe? Or, for Methos here, would she be a threat to the likes of Darkseid, or Amazo or somebody?"
    No, it's not in Darkseid's league... it's powerful... i'd put it on the same blast power as a GL Ring, but with more limitations and a 'dumber' intelligence... M Boken says:
    "estacado kicked his ass to"
    Yup, The Darkness kicked the crap out of Superman easily as well... seeing as it's also a mystically based power, not surprising :D M"

My comment was a joke....

"distracted"? Haha.....get it?

No?

Oy, nuts to you people.....

leaves

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

Gottheit says:

"It's funny that Darkness could beat Superman, 'cause I have a crossover comic where it's Darkness/Hulk, and Hulk ruins Jackie's sheeit."

yeah, i've got that one...

always puzzled me why The hulk fed on The Darkness...

thats not cannon for either character, so why was it there?

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gottheit

Wrong, Sparda. You've arrived. I got the joke.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

Sparda says:

"My comment was a joke...."distracted"? Haha.....get it?.........No?Oy, nuts to you people.....*leaves*"

sorry, it's 03:20 here and my brain isn't working properly lol

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gottheit

@ Methos: He's not feeding on it per se, but it makes his stronger, because it hurts him, and makes him mad, and the madder hulk gets, the stronger. Thus, the illusion that he "feeds" on the Darkness. Understand now?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Boken

all iknow is int the team up with witch blade vs hulk and ghost rider. why can estacado's darklings look like wolverine and the thing execpt mini

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Methos

Gottheit says:

"@ Methos: He's not *feeding* on it per se, but it makes his stronger, because it hurts him, and makes him mad, and the madder hulk gets, the stronger. Thus, the illusion that he "feeds" on the Darkness. Understand now?"

But that Darkness didn't do feck all to him...

this is a power that can rip the skeleton clean out of a human, and tear a building apart in seconds...

and it didn't even scratch Hulk...

nah, i'm not buying it

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gottheit

Because you're not a Marvel guy, Methos. Us Hulk fans got it instantly. Of course the Darkness couldn't contend with something like the Hulk! Hulk is a world-level threat, someone that could worry Superman if they were a part of the same world.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Boken

Sparda says:

"Methos says:
    "Gottheit says:
    "@ Methos: He's not *feeding* on it per se, but it makes his stronger, because it hurts him, and makes him mad, and the madder hulk gets, the stronger. Thus, the illusion that he "feeds" on the Darkness. Understand now?"
    But that Darkness didn't do feck all to him... this is a power that can rip the skeleton clean out of a human, and tear a building apart in seconds... and it didn't even scratch Hulk... nah, i'm not buying it M"
    Crossovers=mostly suck."

go to hell sparda darkness and witch blade crossovers kick ass

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Gottheit says:
    But that Darkness didn't do feck all to him... this is a power that can rip the skeleton clean out of a human, and tear a building apart in seconds... and it didn't even scratch Hulk... nah, i'm not buying it M"

Crossovers=mostly suck.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

Gottheit says:

"Because you're not a Marvel guy, Methos. Us Hulk fans got it instantly. Of course the Darkness couldn't contend with something like the Hulk! Hulk is a world-level threat, someone that could worry Superman if they were a part of the same world."

meh... still doesn't bother me :D

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gottheit

Doesn't bother you? Huh?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sparda

Boken says:

"Sparda says:
    "Methos says:
    "Gottheit says:
    Crossovers=mostly suck."
    go to hell sparda darkness and witch blade crossovers kick ass"

Did I say, this one did? I said MOSTLY.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Methos

Gottheit says:

"Doesn't bother you? Huh?"

crossovers typically don't bother me...

i just ignore them mostly

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gottheit

Ah. Y'know, I dunno, I just think it'd be cool to have a crossover that actually holds weight, and has repurcussions for both universes involved, y'know? Like, they don't have to talk about each other(for lawsuit reasons.), but it could set off permanent changes in the universe, and it'll be like the elephant in the room that just nobody talks about, y'know?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

Gottheit says:

"Ah. Y'know, I dunno, I just think it'd be cool to have a crossover that actually holds weight, and has repurcussions for both universes involved, y'know? Like, they don't have to talk about each other(for lawsuit reasons.), but it could set off permanent changes in the universe, and it'll be like the elephant in the room that just nobody talks about, y'know?"

that could work... but it would have to be really well written...

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gottheit says:

"Ah. Y'know, I dunno, I just think it'd be cool to have a crossover that actually holds weight, and has repurcussions for both universes involved, y'know? Like, they don't have to talk about each other(for lawsuit reasons.), but it could set off permanent changes in the universe, and it'll be like the elephant in the room that just nobody talks about, y'know?"

It's happened. The Alien/Wildcats crossover resulted in like 3 main Stormwatch characters dying and that had reprecusions that have only recently been dealt with (the crossover happened like a decade ago). It couldn't easily be undone either because of the dual ownership of the crossover, meaning WS couldn't really touch what happed since it also belonged to whoever does Aliens (darkhorse?).

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gottheit

I agree. Like, maybe Punisher goes out into the world and kills Bane or somebody, or Cap humbles Lobo and from there on out Lobo turns real patriotic and tries to go against his badass nature to be more boyscout-like, but with humorous results. Or, maybe not those storylines, but definitely something with some impact...y'know?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Methos

yeah, something with real impact would be good to finally see in the comics...

i'd love the Corps war to tear over into "The Bleed" and start affecting other universe

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"It's happened. The Alien/Wildcats crossover resulted in like 3 main Stormwatch characters dying and that had reprecusions that have only recently been dealt with (the crossover happened like a decade ago). It couldn't easily be undone either because of the dual ownership of the crossover, meaning WS couldn't really touch what happed since it also belonged to whoever does Aliens (darkhorse?)."

hmmm... i missed that one...

and yeah, Darkhorse owns the Xenommorphs

M

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gottheit

See, that's so cool. Now, obviously the contract would have to be real, like, laxed, to allow new things to happen as a direct result...Buckshot, that's cool, but picture a DC/Marvel crossover like that! Wouldn't that just be insane?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gottheit

That looks radical...now, if only the Big Two pulled their heads out of their asses, and realized that their rivalry didn't matter, we could see some real awesome storylines, with actual ramifications.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By IcePrince_X

The only weakness of the Witchblade is the weakness of its chosen host.
    It does get affected by the rune stones it absorbs.

Lupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By Lupine
    Gottheit said:
    "

Ah. Y'know, I dunno, I just think it'd be cool to have a crossover that actually holds weight, and has repurcussions for both universes involved, y'know? Like, they don't have to talk about each other(for lawsuit reasons.), but it could set off permanent changes in the universe, and it'll be like the elephant in the room that just nobody talks about, y'know?

"
    Actually check out Darkness/Batman, that is where Jackie "betrayed" Uncle Frankie and as such in the second Vol. of the series, Frankie kills Jenny and sets Jackie off.  So yeah, Batman crossover completely canon in The Darkness.  With repercussions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.