Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

Hi! Witchblade fan, new to the forums

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crom-Cruach

friendly hello to all comic book fans reading this, new guy here with questions about Witchblade. 

I just thought I'd sign in and start a fun chat and get to know the people on the boards. I myself have been reading comics for like... forever. I started with DC, specifically Batman who remains to his day one of my favorite comic characters. Since then I've found good series with multiple companies. As time has passed I've found that my tastes are more in the occult/fantastic genre. I still enjoy classic superhero stories.  But my favorite comics are stuff like Vertigo, European comics and such (Batman being an exception to my usual preferences because he is awesome). 

These days I'm really getting into the Top Universe and their latest story arc War of the Witchblades, whom I really enjoyed. Witchblade is one of my favorite on-going series. Thought I do have 2 continuity questions if anyone can answer ithem as I started with issues 103 and after and have only recently found the time to buy the first witchblade compendium with issues 1-50

Anyway my question are:
    1- In the beginning of the Series, it was revealed that Joe Siry was being manipulated by Kenneth Irons. This was a major early plot point. 
    Then in issue 31 Sarah finds out and get pissed off after Siry confesses to having killed her father This naturally affects Sarah but then after a while it's like of this part of Kenneth Iron's manipulations happened. Then issue 42, the series narrates that Siry was promoted to captain and the story moves along as if the events concerning Siry hadn't happened it's like somewhere between issues 31 and 42 one of the writers basically forgot that plot point. Then the Story Arc with the return of the fire demon that tried to blow up the nuclear plant starts and issue 50 ends with Sarah realizing, "I killed my father". Why is the whole storytelling around Sarah's death so convoluted? Are there issues outside the normal line I missed somewhere?

2-Second one, pet peeve, silly this one: Lisa, Sarah's friend, she was show to be an African-american with long black hair. But then she appears in issue 39 after not appearing for a short while. Only she is drawn as a white person with short curly. hair it's two totally different characters visually. But they try and convince us that it's the same person. WTF?

Anyway... a good hello to everyone :) 

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

bump

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

In issue 50, the demon was messing with Sara's mind and she relived the death of her father and saw herself as a young girl again, she blamed herself for his death, but Joe Siry still killed him. It's common pratice for those who lost a loved one, they blame themselves.

Lisa's paleness in issue 39 was coloring mistake, she's back in black in endgame arc.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

fair enough, that makes sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.