Gems in the Witchblade.

#1 Posted by Hellhammer (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Been a while since I read any witchblade comics and I was wondering what the different gems in it did and what powers do they have(if any).

#2 Edited by KillerZ (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the gems was actually the Excalibur Ian Nottingham was wielding. Don't know about others though...one was "bad gem" Kenneth Irons managed to get it close to Sara and then the witchblade kind of went nuts sometimes.

Edit: ok did some digging

In Witchblade #25 after Ian got the witchblade, Sara shoots off one of it's gems, she then gets the withcblade back, and now it's easier to control.

bang

Then in Witchblade #31, witchblade gets another gem, planted by Kenneth Irons earlier, this gem was some enchanted gem that made witchblade controlling harder than before. I can't seem to find what happened with the gem on her balm, it kind of disappeared.
new
gem

Then in Witchblade #75, when Sara defeats Ian Nottingham who has the "Excalibur", she realizes that it's one part of witchblade and retrieves it. I'm guessing it's the same gem she shot of the witchblade in issue #25.
whole again

#3 Posted by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so the purpose of these gems are not only for balancing the witchblade itself but are created by the witchblade itself to keep whatever freewill it has intact?

#4 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the gems became a storyline in the defunct Top Cow series Archanium

#5 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

O.O I didn`t know that the stones have any meaning . Do you guys know If the stones of the Darkness and Angelus have any meaning too ???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.