Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

First Witchblades

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

There is a kind of prelude to witchblade in Cyblade / Shi comic. And I was kind of wondering have they fitted these characters into a storyline somehow or just forgotten.

Here's the preview

page1
    page1
    page2
    page2
    page3
    page3
    page4
    page4

And here's how Sara Pezzini looked first....too superhero look methinks

Witchblade
    Witchblade

Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
    The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The Phoenix Child

None of them came out though Joan of Arc was consistently acknowledge and the lady with the sabretooth tiger. I have the wielders of the blade card set and none of these ladies really came out.

I guess at first the Witchblade has no real direction... Top Cow was going with the flow until they realized Witchblade can offer something more if the stories came out with more depth and characterization rather than being just  a skin flick comic. To be honest the saddest Tales of the Witchblade was the future witchblade storyline (Selena)  followed by the Roman witchblade bearer. The most exciting is the Medieval Witchblade with Spawn, The Japanese Witchblade and The Pirate Witchblade everything falters after that. I wish Top Cow to reconsider the other Witchblade wielders and give them better justice.

Like I am interested to know who Collin X is... the first witchblade male wielder... the Joan of Arc storyline, the savage Witchblade bearer with her sabertooth pet  and even the western witchblade story.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Yeah, they should return "Tales of..." series, even mash it together and tell different bearers of different artifacts, lots of stories to tell this way. 

I've been thinking on those characters:
    Page 1: We should see Samantha from Greece, not sure about the blond one, but only blond past wielder is revealed in Witchblade/Devi as Nissa.
    Page 2: Annabella Altavista, Joan of Arc and Enola
    Page 3-4: Should be Russian, Tasya Federova, although her death is marked 1940, it was later established that she wielded Witchblade at 1942.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @KillerZ said:
    "
     Tasya Federova, although her death is marked 1940, it was later established that she wielded Witchblade at 1942. "
    I'm actually really curious about her as I wonder how the Witchblade left her since it's said in comic that Kenneth Irons acquired the Witchblade in an archeological dig in Greece.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.