Follow

Witchblade

Character » Witchblade appears in 689 issues.

The Witchblade is the offspring of the primal forces of the universe, The Darkness and The Angelus. It usually takes the form of a complex metal gauntlet. Since it is male in nature, it seeks out female hosts. The Witchblade is semi-organic and reacts supernaturally to threats. It is able to grant its host a variety of weapons and can also heal the wearer.

First Born (Spoilers)

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zero edge

So yeah... First Born just ended.. don't know how many people keep up with Witchblade but it's bee pretty damn good so far. I liked how they gave Sara back the Witchblade while letting Dani stay a wielder too. Maybe I'll start reading the Darkness again too.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I was pleased with the First Born comics (read my review). I did wonder if Sara would actually have/keep the baby. And if so, how was a normal cop going to survive against the Angelus Warriors? So now Sara and Dani have the Witchblade. (Dangit, do we need to have a separate Dani page now along with the Witchblade page and Sara page)? Is the power of the Witchblade cut in half now? Did you notice that Dani could fly (in the last Witchblade)? I don't think Sara ever flew but I stopped reading for a while.

I'm looking forward to the Darkness. Obviously I interviewed Michael Broussard. His style is something. I'm a fan of Phil Hester's too. You can see why he's in a different place from the preview to #1 (http://www.comicvine.com/the-darkness/24347/news/&newsId=484).

I'll have more to say about Darkness really soon...

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zero edge

I don't think Sara ever flew, but I remember she sprouted some kind of wings somewhere between issue 80-90. I made a page for Dani... just waiting for it to go through the queue, I'll add her to issues and fill her bio later. But yeah, I'm really looking forward to more Witchblade comics now, it was starting to get pretty dull after issue 60 or 70.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I stopped way back in the late 20s. It was a time when I was trying to cut back on reading everything that was coming out. Now I'm starting to do that again. So I guess we'll see who the central character will be now in the comic. It's a shame that more people aren't reading it, or at least commenting here about it. I've had to keep my mouth shut about what's been going on. I don't want to give away spoilers before the comic hits the stands. Top Cow's also been great at getting me full previews. (I just got the latest Madame Mirage, another kick @$$ title).

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Methos

i've got to say, after First born, i'm more looking forward to The Darkness than the new Witchblade stuff...

while i'm happy that Sarah Pezzini is the wielder again (i never liked Dani), i'm not sure i like where they're taking Sara... i'll pick it up fr the next 10 issues or so to give it a chance, but i can probably see myself dropping it after that.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

G-Man says:

"I stopped way back in the late 20s."

lol, i know what you mean, but you should probably reword that to avoid the senseless age jokes lol

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zero edge

Dani was actually growing on me as a suitable wielder... but I still prefer Sara.. guess it's a win win for me lol.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Two scantily clad womem running around in Witchblade armor? Why not. Of course Sara is going to amazingly get her figure back, right? Power of the Witchblade to transform her back to "comic" standards.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

lol... i always preferred Sara as the wielder...

Dani just didn't feel right in the comics, might have been the writers she had, but i never thought she had the same 'oomph' as Sara

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

They were just trying to get some new blood in the comic. Understandable. Showing a "newbie" controling all that power. From what I've seen, she's done a good job. Also, maybe they were trying to appeal to those that prefer blondes. I liked the conversation she had with her friend (last WB issue, I think). She's so far from being a normal person now. She couldn't relate to her friend anymore. Would she want to just give it all up?

But back to my question, I wonder if each is half as powerful now since they're "sharing" the Witchblade.

Looks like we have our own private club here. No one else is showing up in here.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

lol, i've always thought Witchblade fans were a minority on this site, guess this proves it lol

as for being 'half as powerful', i don't think it works like that...

Kennith Irons only possessed a few slivers of the witchblade in the first arc, and he managed to use it to form body armor, create weapons and fire energy blasts equal to Sara's. so i'm guessing that each 'part' of the witchblade is as deadly as the rest...

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

I didn't read the whole Irons stuff. I just know that somehow a dude worked the Witchblade somehow.

So basically, the Witchblade could create an army of Witchblade Warriors if "it" chose to, all with equal power? What was up with the crystals? Or am I starting to think about the Infinity Guantlet? Wasn't there a time that a new one popped up? My memory is a little foggy. Must be that old age you mentioned earlier.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zero edge

So I'm still trying to figure out something, did Sara die after given birth and then the Witchblade revived her or did she just pass out?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

zero edge says:

"So I'm still trying to figure out something, did Sara die after given birth and then the Witchblade revived her or did she just pass out?"

i thought she just passes out...

M

G-Man says:

"I didn't read the whole Irons stuff. I just know that somehow a dude worked the Witchblade somehow.So basically, the Witchblade could create an army of Witchblade Warriors if "it" chose to, all with equal power? What was up with the crystals? Or am I starting to think about the Infinity Guantlet? Wasn't there a time that a new one popped up? My memory is a little foggy. Must be that old age you mentioned earlier."

lol... Kennith managed to get hold of a fraction of the Witchblade... not much of it, but he was able to control is using mystical means and it worked for him, creating armor and energy blasts until Sara, the rightful wielder, took it back.

ummm... i theory, yes, it could probably 'duplicate' itself... though aside from Kennith and Dani, i haven't seen 2 people use it at the same time before, and even then Kennith's 'quasi witchblade' was subservient to Sara as she was the rightful wielder.

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck

Sooo, then could the Darkness do the same? We've seen all the Angelus Warriors flying around.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

In theory yes... we've seen in the last series that other people were able to control a fraction of The Darkness power to gain a sort of 'immortality' and they became impervious to The Darkness being used against them.

from what i remember, it wasn't because they had a 'bit' of the power or whatever, it was because they had a 'darkness created bullet' lodged in their body...

it's harder for The Darkness because unlike The witchblade it doesn't have a physical presence as a sort of 'avatar', it only manifests itself as the Darklings in the first series, and the 'demons' in the second and third arc.

the actual power isn't linked to any of these, it's something linked to Jackies soul

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Copy

I didn't read the comic but doese the baby show any powers or is it just normal for now?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

G-Man says:

"Sooo, then could the Darkness do the same? We've seen all the Angelus Warriors flying around. "

also, separate note here...

the Angelus warriors aren't 'parts of the Angelus', like we were talking about with the Witchblade...

they are created by the Angelus to be warriors...

much like Jackie's father could create Women out of The Darkness to serve him and satisfy his carnal pleasures, as he knew they couldn't get pregnant.

M

Copy says:

"I didn't read the comic but doese the baby show any powers or is it just normal for now?"

This is a first...

as far as we know, this has never happened before...

so there is no 'normal' in this situation lol

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zero edge

Copy says:

"I didn't read the comic but doese the baby show any powers or is it just normal for now?"

Yes it displayed some sort of power, when the Angelus took Hope from Sara, Hope flashed a bright light and afterwards all the Angelus were gone... that's she displayed so far.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Copy

Methos says:

"G-Man says:
    "Sooo, then could the Darkness do the same? We've seen all the Angelus Warriors flying around. "
    also, separate note here... the Angelus warriors aren't 'parts of the Angelus', like we were talking about with the Witchblade... they are created by the Angelus to be warriors... much like Jackie's father could create Women out of The Darkness to serve him and satisfy his carnal pleasures, as he knew they couldn't get pregnant. M Copy says:
    This is a first... as far as we know, this has never happened before... so there is no 'normal' in this situation lol M"

Uhh sorry you lost me.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think it was more than just passing out. She was on her way out, she would have died had the Witchblade not saved her. Don't think it resurrected her though.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Copy

zero edge says:

"Copy says:
    Yes it displayed some sort of power, when the Angelus took Hope from Sara, Hope flashed a bright light and afterwards all the Angelus were gone... that's she displayed so far."

K thanks.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Post Deleted.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Methos

zero edge says:

"Copy says:

Yes it displayed some sort of power, when the Angelus took Hope from Sara, Hope flashed a bright light and afterwards all the Angelus were gone... that's she displayed so far."

sorry, i read the question wrong... i thought he was asking if it was 'normal' for the child to be showing powers...

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gmanfromheck

Copy says:

"zero edge says:
    "Copy says:

K thanks."

http://www.comicvine.com/hope-pezzini/48639/

Kinda freaky. I didn't want to make that the defaualt image and give things away.
    Post Edited:2007-12-03 16:53:25

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

lol, yeah, freaky looking kid

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

Post Deleted.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gmanfromheck

Methos says:

"lol, yeah, freaky looking kidM"

Don't say that to her face or she'll obliterate you like she did to Angelus.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Copy

God. The more I think about how that baby came to be I keep thinking bad things. lol
    Post Edited:2007-12-03 16:57:06

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Looks like the Metabaron when he was a baby except not blue.

Ok, carry on with Witchblade.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Methos

Copy says:

"God. The more I think about how that baby came to be I keep thinking bad things. lol"

lol, the child is a combination of The Witchblade and The Darkness, these two powers have only even come together once before, and it looked God had arrived on earth lol

huh, whatever happened to that 'spark' at the end of that series? anyone know?

M

G-Man says:

"Don't say that to her face or she'll obliterate you like she did to Angelus."

good point...

how do you discipline a child that can annihilate you with a thought?

i think a no-spanking policy might be in order here lol

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmanfromheck

Well the Witchblade guantlet can be kinda...spikey. Wouldn't want that smacked against my rear. Should be interesting to see if the baby retains these powers or if it's just a self-defense thing. Or maybe she'll age into an adult and end up become Sara's enemy. We've never seen anything like that, right?

Actually I have better faith in Ron Marz than to pull something like that.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Which would you rather see, the baby do a rapid age thing and be a teenager or adult within a few arcs, or have her lug around the baby for a while longer?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Methos

G-Man says:

"Actually I have better faith in Ron Marz than to pull something like that."

actually i'd be interested in seeing Geoff John's take on the Witchblade mythos...

also, i'd love to see some more interaction between the Witchblade and Aspen Matthews... in the crossovers they did do, they always hinted at a 'connection' between the Witchblade and the 'atlantians'.

this was furthered in the JLA Witchblade crossover where Aquaman had heard legends of it and found some old manuscripts detailing it's origins as being from 'being the waves'

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zero edge

Buckshot says:

"Which would you rather see, the baby do a rapid age thing and be a teenager or adult within a few arcs, or have her lug around the baby for a while longer?"

Have the baby a while longer.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"Which would you rather see, the baby do a rapid age thing and be a teenager or adult within a few arcs, or have her lug around the baby for a while longer?"

have the baby age at a 'normal' rate

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gmanfromheck

Buckshot says:

The aging thing is just so cliche now. It's a cop out. If they're going to make it so someone has a baby, it shouldn't be dealt with the easy way. Look at Spider-Man. It's like saying they didn't have he b@lls to go forward with their decision. Weren't the editors involved in the decision making process? Why not have a tough, independant, strong female character fight the forces of evil along with having to change diapers? Given a choice, I'm sure most would prefer fighting evil than dealing with a poopie diaper, though.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gmanfromheck

Methos says:

"Buckshot says:

have the baby age at a 'normal' rate

M"

That'd actually be an original idea.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By zero edge

Hopefully they won't speed up its aging because apparently, the baby is already pretty powerful. I'm sure they can squeeze some stories out of the Witchblade's powerful baby.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Methos

G-Man says:

"That'd actually be an *original* idea."

I'd like to see the baby age at a normal rate in the 'Witchblade' comics...

but maybe give the child a new series set in the future when she's coming into her powers... that way they could plant some 'prophecies' in the current series, and we could see how they play out in the 'future series'.

again, i think i'd only trust Geoff Johns to do something that elaborate

M

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gmanfromheck

We have seen Spider-Girl and Franklin Richards in the "future," so why not? Not set in stone but a possibility.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zero edge

It just occurred to me... when's Ivy Pezzini going to be born? lol

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos

G-Man says:

"We have seen Spider-Girl and Franklin Richards in the "future," so why not? Not set in stone but a possibility."

could be fun to see the 'future' Jackie, or the next wielder... maybe Jackie's child, step-brother to Hope...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Methos

watches tumbleweeds get blown by

wow... how to kill a thread 101 by Methos

M

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Not really about First Born but kinda, and I didn't feel like making a new thread. How's Witchblade after the event? I thought after it was over I might start reading the books, but I haven't (I did get Darkness #1 though). Is it good?

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zero edge

Nothing really going on. Just the Angelus and Darkness are still chasing the baby.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.