Dreamwar

  • 156 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#101 Edited by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm asking why he can't kill Fate. Is Fate invulnerable? Does he always have a shield up or something? I agree it's probably the shakiest of all the kills, but is there something completely impossible about it?

And the more I think about it the more I think that Zealot should not have had to fight so hard to kill Batman. Thousands of years of experience should mean something. I won't complain (much) though, they had to make it interesting and at least it was done well and she actually won.

Moderator
#102 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn DC's getting kiled left and right

#103 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been looking at some DC and Batman boards and it's freakin hilarious. There's outrage, go look.

Moderator
#104 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"I've been looking at some DC and Batman boards and it's freakin hilarious. There's outrage, go look.
"

oh well... at least they're staying true to the characters lol

M
#105 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers


Just read issue #4 and again, I like it. I'm not a big reader of Wildstorm so I'm not sure if the characters are being portrayed accurately or not. But for me I love this series. After Batman lost his top I thought, "How can they top that?" Well, I think this first scan says it all.

Holy $#@!, Doomsday vs Midnighter and Apollo. Get your popcorn ready




Moderator
#106 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

Spoilers


Just read issue #4 and again, I like it. I'm not a big reader of Wildstorm so I'm not sure if the characters are being portrayed accurately or not. But for me I love this series. After Batman lost his top I thought, "How can they top that?" Well, I think this first scan says it all.

Holy $#@!, Doomsday vs Midnighter and Apollo. Get your popcorn ready




"

Doomsday Vs Midnighter ? Dam, I gotta pick up this series.
#107 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Just want to say something about the death of Doctor Fate...I mean I could've sworn his helmet was bullet proof...guess not.

#108 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

For a making-friends issue this one was pretty good. I actually liked the stuff about Chimera, explaining who he is, how he's doing what he's doing and getting to see Jeroen again. The arrival of the villains should bring us some good fights.

Deaths so far:
Green Arrow (killed by Midnighter)
Element Lad (killed by Hellstrike)
Sun Boy (killed by Fahrenheit)
Dr. Fate (killed by Grifter)
Batman (killed by Zealot)
Remaining Beef Boy (killed by Hawkman)
Atom (squashed by Fairchild)

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Moderator
#109 Edited by Starkiller (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

weird..when this started i was really rooting for Wildstorm heroes to take em out...but now I'm starting to really root for Supes and DC...don't know why...

#110 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
LOL... Ha Ha Ha  !  Cant wait for Doomsday vs Midnighter


#111 Posted by Vance Astro (91118 posts) - - Show Bio

Zealot killed Bats?

Moderator
#112 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Zealot killed Bats?"
YES SHE DID  !  It happened in the third issue of Dreamwar
#113 Edited by Starkiller (1809 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"LOL... Ha Ha Ha  !  Cant wait for Doomsday vs Midnighter


"
and Apollo...i think
#114 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

doomsday vs midnighter.....yay ?

#115 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

Spoilers


Just read issue #4 and again, I like it. I'm not a big reader of Wildstorm so I'm not sure if the characters are being portrayed accurately or not. But for me I love this series. After Batman lost his top I thought, "How can they top that?" Well, I think this first scan says it all.

Holy $#@!, Doomsday vs Midnighter and Apollo. Get your popcorn ready




"
This looks like win.
#116 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I got 2,3,4 of this series and it's pretty awesome. I don't have the first Issue don't. Did I miss much?

#117 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

DC needs a win bad...........


it's what 4 to 1 ???

#118 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"lol

DC needs a win bad...........


it's what 4 to 1 ???"
Teen Titains seem to have Gen 13 on the ropes.
#119 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Shaper said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"lol

DC needs a win bad...........


it's what 4 to 1 ???"
Teen Titains seem to have Gen 13 on the ropes.
"

which sucks cause my love fairchild is in it.


#120 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"Shaper said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"lol

DC needs a win bad...........


it's what 4 to 1 ???"
Teen Titains seem to have Gen 13 on the ropes.
"

which sucks cause my love fairchild is in it.


"
I'm liking it. Lol.
#121 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

well im not lol

she my girl.....................

#122 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"lol

DC needs a win bad...........


it's what 4 to 1 ???"
It's 6 to 1 but the death of a Beef Boy means more because not only is he a fan favorite, he's actually dead now. This is canon for WS.
Moderator
#123 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"lol

DC needs a win bad...........


it's what 4 to 1 ???"
It's 6 to 1 but the death of a Beef Boy means more because not only is he a fan favorite, he's actually dead now. This is canon for WS.
"
oh thanks...

so its not canon for DC....i can see why,the death of bats is pretty big.
#124 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10075 posts) - - Show Bio

DC needed an a$$ kicking like this.

Go Wildstorm.

#125 Edited by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
oh thanks...

so its not canon for DC....i can see why,the death of bats is pretty big.
"
The Bat-death was canon for DC. What the heck do you think Batman RIP is about? DC was too scared to kill Bats in their own comics so Dreamwar is the semi-canonical crossover tie-in where the death actually happens.
Moderator
#126 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
oh thanks...

so its not canon for DC....i can see why,the death of bats is pretty big.
"
The Bat-death was canon for DC. What the heck do you think Batman RIP is about? DC was too scared to kill Bats in their own comics so Dreamwar is the semi-canonical crossover tie-in where the death actually happens.
"
oh sorry lol
#127 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Are all the deaths canon then?

#128 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"

The whole event isn't real, so how can it be canon.
#129 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

So far I've heard that the deaths of Beef Man and Batman were actually canon, how do we tell what is and isn't canon in this series?

#130 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

buck said it was semi canonical,meaning the people they want to stay dead will.

#131 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's kinda cheap.

#132 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"buck said it was semi canonical,meaning the people they want to stay dead will."
I disagree. I bet, since the villian is a reality warper, that none of it will be real at the end.
#133 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

just saying what i was told.

think about,they kill batman for the story of Batman RIP.
#134 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"
lol

just saying what i was told.

think about,they kill batman for the story of Batman RIP."

Nah! Wouldn't make sense. The story line has nothing to do with the other. I think the Batman R.I.P will be in the sense of Bruce Wayne not being Batman anymore (anymore being until they bring him back) not him actually dying.  
#135 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

IM NOT THE ONE WRITING THE STORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol so leave me alone lol

if i was writng,Fairchild would be in every issuse and naked.

#136 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"IM NOT THE ONE WRITING THE STORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol so leave me alone lol

if i was writng,Fairchild would be in every issuse and naked.
"
LOL! Thanks for the mental image. I needed that.
#137 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

it is called DREAM war...

that's my dream girl.

#138 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"

The whole event isn't real, so how can it be canon. "
The event is real. It's happening because a real WS character is making it happen and the WS teams are the real ones. The only things that aren't real are the DC characters. At this point in time the WS stuff is canon. However, since the story is going on because of one reality warper and he's being confronted by another that wants it to stop, there is a possibility that by the end it may all be undone (not just getting rid of the DC characters but undoing everything that happened) by one or both of them. It's a possibility, but it doesn't mean that's what will happen.

Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"
Only the WS ones, I was just messing with TJ.
Moderator
#139 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Alpha said:
"Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"

The whole event isn't real, so how can it be canon. "
The event is real. It's happening because a real WS character is making it happen and the WS teams are the real ones. The only things that aren't real are the DC characters. At this point in time the WS stuff is canon. However, since the story is going on because of one reality warper and he's being confronted by another that wants it to stop, there is a possibility that by the end it may all be undone (not just getting rid of the DC characters but undoing everything that happened) by one or both of them. It's a possibility, but it doesn't mean that's what will happen.

Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"
Only the WS ones, I was just messing with TJ.
"

thanks ^^
#140 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Alpha said:
"Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"

The whole event isn't real, so how can it be canon. "
The event is real. It's happening because a real WS character is making it happen and the WS teams are the real ones. The only things that aren't real are the DC characters. At this point in time the WS stuff is canon. However, since the story is going on because of one reality warper and he's being confronted by another that wants it to stop, there is a possibility that by the end it may all be undone (not just getting rid of the DC characters but undoing everything that happened) by one or both of them. It's a possibility, but it doesn't mean that's what will happen.

Super-Buster said:
"Are all the deaths canon then?"
Only the WS ones, I was just messing with TJ.
"
Gotcha!
#141 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

That makes sense and it also provides a real world reason for DC to be suffering so many deaths.

#142 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

but hey give it up for hawkman winning

claps

#143 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Beef Boys and now they're both dead. I hope Hawkman dies.

Moderator
#144 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"I liked the Beef Boys and now they're both dead. I hope Hawkman dies.
"

lol.....
#145 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
Issue 5

I was reading it and as soon as I thought to myself "Majestic really hasn't done anything but stand around and look sad when he's not fighting, and he's doing it again now", he opens his mouth and gets into the conversation. One of the things I didn't like was how continuity (in particular, one of my favorite Majestic stories) seemed to be getting ignored, but turns out it's not. Don't really know what that means for the story though, there might be more than just what was in the preview.

Also, Apollo and Midnighter (mostly Apollo) are getting jacked up by Doomsday.
Moderator
#146 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Dreamwar came out? I didn't see it when I went to the comic store.

#147 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a preview.

Moderator
#148 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"It's a preview."

Oh. I'm gonna check that preveiw out. Thanks.
#149 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been debating on whether I should pick this up or not. Looks like I'm gonna have to...

#150 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I have been debating on whether I should pick this up or not. Looks like I'm gonna have to..."
Same....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.