WildCats #19 Review

#1 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm.. maybe I should pick it up again, although it's been a while (long while) since i've read it. I'm more of an Authority guy myself.

#2 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I have a lot of catching up to do before reading this. I like Wildstorm a lot but it just doens't feel right jumping on here without having finished reading WildC.A.T.S. volumes 2 and 3.0 

Not even close to be caught up in The Authority either 
#3 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Millar the original starter writer for the Authority????? and G-man you didn't give it a rating.
#4 Posted by Aspenite (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I was blown away by the fantastic art.

#5 Posted by zombietag (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

i love wildcats! i did not love this issue. why? because i love wildcats. i dont love the wildstorm universe. so not as fun :/ i loved them more when they were published by image

#6 Posted by 4Essence (152 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
"i love wildcats! i loved them more when they were published by image "  
I totally agree with you. Got every issue. I also have all of 2 and most 3.0, but nothing beats the original.
#7 Posted by grifter78 (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey:
No, Millar picked it up after Warren Ellis, who was the creator of The Authority.
#8 Edited by grifter78 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: 

Glad you liked it!  :D     
#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@grifter78: You are awesome for actually sending him the comics to review. 

@G-Man: It's awesome to see CV reviewing WildStorm books, which are my favorite superhero comics by far. It's even more awesome to see it get a 4/5. I think 2010 will be a great year for the company, and I hope you guys continue to review WildStorm books.
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Wow WildCATS I'm impressed that you guys decided to review one of my favorite books right now!
#11 Edited by Deadeyeduck (64 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:

" Was Millar the original starter writer for the Authority????? and G-man you didn't give it a rating. "

The Authority's beginning were seeded in the Change or Die arc of Stormwatch, which Warren Ellis wrote..the ideas he tampered with their grew into the Authority which he wrote for 12? Issues with Brian Hitch as the artist bringing wide screen comics to the masses. Miller took up the Authority with the Nativity Arc with Frank Quietly penciling (before he jumped ship to do Morrison's run on X-men). 

I love the Wildstorm universe, and if you haven't read Sleeper..you really should. 

edit: wait..was that Ladytron? 
Goddamn Nuns get everywhere these days.
#12 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I was bored one day and I was looking through my comics and I read some old Wildcats stuff.....it was okay. 
Then I started to read some Prophet comics also from image.......It Was HORRIBLE.......They just ripped off Captain America  and  just BAD.

#13 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

I love WS art

#14 Posted by IGMATIK (26 posts) - - Show Bio

IM NOT REALLY A WILDCAT FAN BUT I ALWAYS LIKED GRIFTER FOR A NON MARVEL/DC CHARACTER. WHERE THE HELL IS HE?
#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@IGMATIK said:
" IM NOT REALLY A WILDCAT FAN BUT I ALWAYS LIKED GRIFTER FOR A NON MARVEL/DC CHARACTER. WHERE THE HELL IS HE? "
Grifter is now featured in the pages of The Authority.
#16 Posted by volzzilla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

woo hoo, more vids of non DC/marvel plz! :)

#17 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
" i love wildcats! i did not love this issue. why? because i love wildcats. i dont love the wildstorm universe. so not as fun :/ i loved them more when they were published by image "
Excellent point. DC just seemed to 'water down' the Wildstorm universe after they bought it. Gen 13 is NOTHING like it was when Image ran the show! I guess DC is just happy they don't have to sit in the #3 spot anymore... like they did in the late 90s... (yeah, someone's going to be offended by that comment)

Where oh where has our beautiful Wildstorm universe gone to? All that's left is this mediocre place that takes a backseat to second and third-tier crappy titles in the DC universe.
#18 Posted by Jord (53 posts) - - Show Bio

That splash page with a ton of characters reminds me of Uncanny 275, where they fight the Imperial Guard. Pretty nifty!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.