Thaal Sinestro, originally an anthropologist from the planet Korugar, had a natural affinity for order as displayed by his meticulous reconstructions of ancient ruins. It was at one of these reconstructions that a wounded Green Lantern, Prohl Gosgotha, crash landed. He gave his ring to Sinestro who barely defeated the lantern's pursuer, a Weaponer of Qward , at the cost of the very ruins he had restored. When Gosgotha requested his ring back after the battle so that it might keep him alive Sinestro instead allowed him to die and took his place. The Guardians, unaware of his actions, allowed Sinestro to become the Green Lantern for sector 1417.
Sinestro was created by John Broome and Gil Kane as an enemy of Hal Jordan and the entire Green Lantern Corps.
Silver & Bronze Age
Sinestro was the finest officer in the Green Lantern Corps. He was duely respected by his fellow Corpsmen and the Guardians for having a near-perfect space sector. However, During Emerald Dawn II, Sinestro undertook an apprentice named Hal Jordan, after the death of the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 Abin Sur. Sinestro was disgusted by most of Jordan's tactics in keeping order and had virtually no tolerance for him... He completely disregarded the lives of criminals on Earth and would've easily murdered countless imprisoned felons, if it was not for Hal. Not too long after showing the new Green Lantern the basics of wielding a Power Ring, Sinestro had to return to his sector. As much as he didn't want to, he had to bring Hal with him.
On Korugar - Sinestro's space sector and home planet, Hal Jordan found out the ghoulish secret of his Master's Success - By enslaving the entire planet with his Superior powers and destroying anyone who dares cross him. Sinestro, In panic of how much malice occurred while he was absent, Impatiently fought his planet who has prepared to fight back to him, And Hal even joined them on their attack on Sinestro. Sinestro was beaten by his so called "friend" and the people he thought worshiped him... And the people of Krouger were grateful for Hal's triumph. Humiliated and Enraged, Sinestro returned to Earth, and Hal followed a good distance behind him.
On earth, Hal and Sinestro were Ambushed by robots sent by the Guardians to bring them both back to Oa, where Sinestro was put on trial for crimes against his sector. There, the Guardians found the Great Sinestro guilty for his crimes (with Hal Jordan pleading against him), and he was Stripped of his Ring, Mask, and GL insignia and banished into the Anti-Matter Universe of Qward, since at the time the Guardians did not allow a Death Sentence.
On Qward, he forged a new power ring out of the yellow impurity that Green Lantern rings were not able to effect - With help from his new allies, the Weaponers of Qward. And after planning a series of cunning schemes to destroy his former allies, he struck. He often took on the entire Corps by himself, Immune to any attacks due to his Yellow Power Ring, but Hal Jordan was able to overcome the impurity with his immense will, thus vanquishing Sinestro... Repeatedly.
At one point, Sinestro was able to transfer his mind into the green central power batteryupon his death and deactivate it, cutting off the entire Green Lantern Corps from their power source. Hal Jordan, entered the power battery in an attempt to restore the powers of his fellow lanterns. He was able to defeat the spirit of Sinestro and leave him trapped and powerless inside the battery for all eternity. Once again, Sinestro had one more trick to play on his nemesis. He was able to ‘infect’ Jordan with the parasite, Parallax, the source of the Green Lantern’s weakness against the color yellow.
When the alien warlord, Mongul, and Hank Henshaw laid waste to Hal Jordan’s home ofCoast City and all of its inhabitants, Jordan was driven mad with grief. His grief allowed the Parallax entity to possess him and led him on a rampage that decimated the Green Lantern Corps and left most of the guardians dead. In a desperate bid to stop him, the remaining guardians freed Sinestro from the central power battery. Jordan defeated Sinestro, snapping his neck. However, this Sinestro was only a hard light construct, operated by the real Sinestro still trapped inside the battery. When Hal destroyed the power battery and absorbed most of its energy into him, Sinestro was able to escape and went into hiding.
Sinestro came out of hiding after the existence of Parallax was revealed culminating in the return of Hal Jordan from the dead. Sinestro was forced to retreat into the anti-matter universe when his ring became damaged in the fight.
Sinestro briefly returned during the Villains United storyline. He was involved with the Secret Society of Super-Villains' massacre of the Freedom Fighters.
Even as a Green Lantern Sinestro was cold, arrogant, egotistical, and harsh. He also will do what ever it takes to preserve order in the universe, a trait that expelled him from the Green Lantern Corps. He is also a master strategist and manipulator. Though he does have his good traits, such as genuinely caring for his daughter and wanting to bring order to the universe.
In Sinestro's eyes, the Green Lantern Corps has lost the Sinestro corps war, because the right to kill was imprinted in the Book of Oa thus fulfilling his original goal: proving his methods are justified.
Sinestro assembled an army of yellow-ring-wielding fear-mongers dubbed the Sinestro Corps, as an attempt to bring to the universe the order that the Guardians couldn't, starting the event called Sinestro Corps War. He revealed the corps was part of his plans to have the guardians allow the Green Lanterns to use deadly force and become feared. Sinestro was given a sentence of death by the guardians and was to be sent to Korugar for the sentence to be carried out. En route to Korugar a group of Sinestro Corps lanterns attempted to free Sinestro, but were stopped when Atrocitus and his Red Lanterns attacked both sides. During the battle a Blue Lantern, Saint Walker, appeared and informed Hal Jordan that Sinestro must survive to face the upcoming Blackest Night.Visiting Soranik Natu
In Korugar, he incapacitated Princess Iolande, and confronts his daughter Soranik Natu. He tells her how her mother took her and fled as he rose to power. He was able to mark her and plant a transmitter on her so he could always locate her. He had visited her several times over the course of her life, but always in disguise. He also told her how proud he was of her for peacefully bringing order to Korugar.
Major Story Arcs
Sinestro's first Major Story Arc is Emerald Dawn, in which he is released from the Central Power Battery by the Guardians to stop Hal Jordan, possessed by Parallax. Sinestro creates years later the Sinestro Corps. The SinestroThe Heralds of the Anti-MonitorCorps
The Sinestro corps assaulted Oa, releasing numerous prisoners and killing dozens of Lanterns. Sinestro was able to recruit two of those escapees, Hank Henshaw and Superman Prime.
Sinestro, Parallax, Hensaw and Superman Prime became the heralds of the Anti-Monitor, the sole guardian of the Sinestro Corps. The Anti-Monitor saw the Sinestro Corps as a tool to aid in his crusade to destroy the matter universe. Hal Jordan and a group of Green Lanterns attacked Qward, freeing the Ion entity.
Sinestro brought the battle to Earth, center of the multiverse. The Sinestro Corps, the Manhunters and the heralds of the Anti-Monitor fought the Green Lantern Corps and the heroes of Earth across the globe. Kyle Rayner, free from Parallax, and Hal Jordan defeated Sinestro after all of their rings were de-powered by the Manhunters, ending the battle.Sinestro was imprisoned on Oa and his Corps was scattered into space.
During the prophesied "War of Light", Sinestro was among one of the leaders of the Seven Lantern Corps that fought each other in the depths of Space. The Sinestro Corps acted upon the darker emotion spectrums as the Axis Army of the lot, as he dressed his soldiers in Yellow Armbands and outfits to match their rank, and promises of absolute order dictated by fear. His Corps mainly fought the Red Lantern Corps during the war of light, along with the Green Lanterns and their allies, the Blue Lantern and Star Sapphire Corps... During the beginning of the Blackest Night, Sinestro was on the front lines of the Star Sapphire's home planet to rescue captured Fear mongers... Around that time, the Rings of Death fell from the sky and he was forced to join his corps with his many hated enemies.
During an attempt to assault the Star Sapphire Corps to free several of his captive corps members, Sinestro was forced to relive the death of his love, Arin Sur. Enraged, Sinestro attacked and captured Carol Ferris, but was interrupted by an invasion of Black Lanterns. Hal Jordan and Indigo arrived in time to help fight off the Black Lanterns and teleported the group to Korugar. There Sinestro confronted Mongul, who had seized control over the Sinestro Corps.. Sinestro was able to defeat Mongul by disabling his power rings and imprisoning him in the yellow central power battery.
Sinestro joined the coalition of the various lantern corps. to face the Black Lantern threat. The group followed the Black Lantern battery to Earth where they confronted Nekron and attempted to destroy the black battery with a combined attack of all of their rings. When this tactic failed, Ganthet duplicated rings of all of the coalition members. Sinestro's ring chose Earth's 'master of fear,' Johnathan Crane aka The Scarecrow.The First White Lantern
Nekron kills a guardian and the blood summons a white entity from the depths of the Earth. Ganthet reveals that all life in the universe had begun on Earth and the white entity was kept hidden and secret by the guardians in an attempt to protect it. Blaming the guardians for the death of his friend, Abin Sur, Sinestro attacks Ganthet and stabs him with his ring.
Hal Jordan realizes the white entity needs the guidance of a living being and decides to merge with it, but is cut off by Sinestro. Sinestro merges with the entity and is shown the beginnings life and the emotional spectrum. Nekron takes advantage of this distraction and cuts Sinestro in half, however, this does no real damage and Sinestro is able to regenerate very quickly. His attacks overpower Nekron, but Nekron is able to rip the white entity from Sinestro, taking him out of the fight.
During the Brightest Day Event, Sinestro discovers the White Lantern power battery, but when unable to lift it begrudgingly seeks out Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris.
War of the Green Lanterns
Following the claiming of the White Lantern by Deathstorm, Sinestro along with Atrocitus sought out to capture the Butcher but instead found the Spectre who was trying to destroy the creature. Eventually Atrocitus and the Spectre reached a deal but they soon discovered that the former guardian, Krona was responsible for capturing the other Emotional Entities and sought to stop him but instead Krona captured the Butcher. Following his trail, Sinestro along with Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Saint Walker and Indigo-1 found the Book of the Black, which Sinestro revealed contained the hidden chapters of the Book of Oa. Lyrssa Drak who was now the book's keeper betrayed Sinestro and showed the New Guardians the truth behind Krona that he was responsible for controlling the Emotional Entities and had changed the Manhunters' orders to destroy all life in Sector 666. While Hal Jordan was able to escape the book, Sinestro was left behind and found out that Abin Sur had forced the Indigo power rings on Indigo-1 and other members of the Indigo Tribe to force them to feel compassion as they were some of the worse criminals in the universe. Sinestro was eventually freed along with the rest of the corps leaders from the Book of Black andBack in Green
during the final battle with Krona, Hal Jordan succeeded in killing the former guardian but in the process. A Green Lantern ring chose Sinestro to be a Green Lantern once again and the Guardians of the Universe now free stripped Hal Jordan as a Green Lantern as he did the unspeakable and killed a Guardian of the Universe, even though he had no choice. Sinestro has now been placed as a Green Lantern again and is awaiting a decision from the Guardians to his future as at the moment they are not pleased at seeing him wielding a Green Lantern Ring. In the Aftermath of the War of The Green Lanterns Sinestro has been called to the great citadel with the Guardians in order to discuss his current situation. Sinestro himself has attempted to remove the ring from his finger but for some reason he is unable to do so.
For further information: Green Lantern
Sinestro appears before the Guardians demanding that his ring be removed. They deny his request and remind him he is to fulfill his duties as a Green Lantern. From an asteroid outside of Korugar, Sinestro observes his homeworld being enslaved by his former Yellow Lanterns. He is attacked from behind by corps member 435 but quickly kills him. Sinestro arrives on Earth at the apartment of Hal Jordan offering him a chance to be a Green Lantern again. He creates a ring for Hal who attacks him immediately however Sinestro cannot be hurt by a ring he creates. Hal owes Sinestro and as they come across a bridge collapse Sinestro displays his superiority by saving all the civilians at once while Hal scrambled to save a few. Gorgor erupts from the sea beneath them and attempts to kill Sinestro who impales him with a giant sword. Sinestro explains to Hal how he must save his homeworld and they will need to bring the green power lantern into the yellow central battery on Korugar which will shut down the corps.
As they approach Korugar Sinestro explains to Hal how to fade his suit to black. They arrive and remain hidden while they witness several prisoners being herded along. Arsona, one of the prisoners is attacked by a guard which causes Sinestro to act out. He is over run by members of the corp as Hal heads toward the central battery with the lantern. Hal is disintegrated then spit out along with the battery which is depowered. Sinestro is imprisoned and tortured by Professor Insidd in an attempt to remove his ring. After several attempts fail he is tossed in with Hal and the other prisoners. Arsona confronts him and holds him responsible while Hal suggests that he create rings for all the prisoners if only for a short while. Sinestro spews forth dozens of rings but the prisoners turn on him upon receiving them.
Sinestro convinces the prisoners to aid him in his attack on the yellow lanterns. He also remotely commands his lantern to fire upon Professor Insidd, killing him. As they escape, Hal and Sinestro head towards the main powers battery and begin to drain its power. The yellow battery begins retracting energy and rings from all of the Yellow Lanterns, killing them. The freed children look to Sinestro as a hero, however Arsona says he is not welcomed on Korugar. Sinestro hauls the power battery and surviving yellow lanterns back to Oa.
Sinestro then heads to Space Sector 1417, the planet of Orgoro where he finds a washed up Starstorm. He demands that Starstorm locate Lyssa Drak. Starstorm leads him to Drak but she attacks them both with the Book of the Black. Sinestro grabbed a page of the Book and witnessed visions of himself becoming an Indigo Lantern and Hal being killed. He comes to and defeats Drak but leaves her alive. Sinestro leaves the planet with the Book of the Black and heads towards Earth. He arrives to Carol Ferris's apartment and demands Hal join him. As they argue the Indigo Tribe arrives and takes Sinestro into their custody.
Rise of the Third Army
When the Guardians were on their way to start the Third Army,Sinestro and Hal Jordan were buried by Black Hand in the cemetery of Coast City.Hal Jordan was on the way to save Sinestro but he got hung up by Black Hand and in the end Sinestro dig himself up and saved Hal.After they started running they got their rings together and summoned their power battery and started charging it but right when they charged their rings back,the Guardians came and powered up Black Hand and he attacked them and may have possibly killed them.
Wrath of the First Lantern
After Simon Baz went to the dead zone to rescue Hal Jordan from the dead zone Simon Baz showed Sinestro and Hal the message they both left on the ring. After Simon showed the message Sinestro wanted his ring back and Simon wouldn't give it to Sinestro or Hal because the ring might think that Hal is dead and then Sinestro fights Simon and Hal for the ring. Simon eventually shoots Sinestro in the head.
Weapons and Equipment
Sinestro is now the wielder of a Green Lantern Power Ring which enables him to accomplish a variety of effects. The Green Lantern Ring allows Sinestro to manipulate its energies through the use of willpower.
The Green Lantern Ring gives Sinestro the following abilities:
- Animating: A Green Lantern can will things to move how he wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Oa, which taps into an artificial intelligence. It acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The AI contains a large database of information that may be crucial to a Lantern's success. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer (though they have difficulty translating profanity), which is why the Corps can communicate with each other. When the bearer of a Green Lantern ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector. The AI can be used to play a holographic playback sequence complete with colors across the spectrum based on information in memory banks. The ring can dictate when to pause or stop the playback should an interruption arise where the Lanterns undivided attention is needed. The AI can also alert the wielder of incoming threats or of attempts to manipulate the wielders construct by an outside party.
- Burglar Alarm: A Green Lantern can coat anything with the ring's beam and thus, if anyone other than himself touches it, his ring will glow, alerting him to the possible theft.
- Communicator: The ring can act as a personal communicator between Green Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projection: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds. Kilowog's ring is one such example of blasts making sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The ring allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The ring can make the wearer or anything else invisible.
- Matter Manipulation: A Green Lantern can use their ring to manipulate nearby matter, such as water, for various purposes such as a construct that acts like an energy construct but can block something yellow and may serve a purpose that an energy construct couldn't perform.
- Mind Control: The wearer of the Ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or control a person.
- Mirages: The Ring can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The ring allows the user to go through walls.
- Power Absorbing: In the JLA's first fight with Amazo, it was GL who defeated him by drawing out all of Amazo's powers. In Green Lantern/ Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances, Kyle defeated Parallax with SS' power and Thanos with Oa's energy by drawing out all that extra energy from them which made them unconscious. However he couldn't hold all that power nor could his Ring like Hal did with Amazo's powers, so that move isn't often used with so much power.
- Probing: The ring can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Radiation: Besides light based radiation used to create the energy constructs associated with a Green Lantern, the ring can simulate various forms of radiation. One example of this is the ability to simulate the radiation of GreenKryptonite, a form of radiation that is harmful to Superman. However, this ability is no longer valid and has been retconned.
- Recharging: The rings need to be recharged by means of a Power Battery. Other large sources of power may be used to recharge a power ring, however effectiveness may vary. The internal power source of a Manhunter Androidis, in effect, the same as a power battery, and can be used to recharge a power ring. During the JLA / Avengerscrossover, a Cosmic Cube was used to recharge a depleted ring, although this is not an ideal solution and is available if there are no other options.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring.
- Temperature Control: The Ring can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Transforming: The ring can transform anyone or anything, be it into an animal, altering their state of appearance, or their size. Once Hal and Alan turned the two Flashes ( Barry and Jay) to light protons in order to free them from prisons.
- Electro-magnetic scanning: The ring can allow(through the use of x rays) the user to see through walls, without the people on the other side knowing. it can also scan along the Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Wormhole/Warps: The ring can open wormholes to cut down on distance.
- Time travel: The ring allows the wielder the ability to travel through time, though the process requires great willpower.
- Healing: A wielder can command a ring to heal him/her/itself of any injures incurred. It can also heal others.
- Energy twin: The ring can create an energy copy of the wielder which is connected to the ring wielder, any information the twin gathers is transferred to the wielder upon touch while others cannot see this twin apart from fellow Green Lanterns.
- Pocket dimension: Within the ring is a pocket dimension which can altered to the wielders specification. It can be used to contain opponents.
- Sub-routines: The power rings have inner programmings or mechanisms which can executed without the users permission. One such sub-routine is the autoshield. This shield automatically protects a wielder from external harm and has been proven to be capable of protecting the wielder from planetary level attacks.
Radiation: Besides light based radiation used to create the energy constructs associated with a Green Lantern, the ring can simulate various forms of radiation. One example of this is the ability to simulate the radiation of Green Kryptonite, a form of radiation that is harmful to Superman. However, this ability is no longer valid and has been retconned.
Time travel: The ring allows the wielder the ability to travel through time, though the process requires great willpower. This ability might still be possible but has not been seen to be used by a Green Lantern for a very long time.
Mental Incapacitation: The ring cannot be wielded correctly if the wearer is under the influence of drugs or if there is an involvement of neural interference.
Yellow Impurity: In the beginning the Green Ring was vulnerable to the color yellow. It was unable to defend against attacks from wielders of the Sinestro Corps as well. This weakness however has now be changed and can be overcome by veterans who have the ability to overcome great fear. Hal Jordan was of the first of the Green Lanterns to show that this weakness could be overcome.
Recharge: Previously had to be recharged every 24 hours or when it has been depleted of energy. This can be accomplished if the bearer of the ring recites an oath into his power lantern while holding the ring to it. However now, the power ring only needs to be recharged when it runs out of energy. Sinestro stated to Hal that it was possible for a Green Lantern to store his.her battery in a pocket Universe and take it with them wherever they went but so far Hal has not displayed the ability to do this.
Arrogance: Although according to him his actions are good Sinestro has always been shown to have a rather arrogant attitude that in the past has led to his demise in a number of different situations.
Red Lantern Corps. Bearers of the red ring have the ability to drain a Green Power Ring of its energy. The ring of a Blue Lantern however has the ability to charge a Green Lantern Ring or negate this negative effect. Blue Lanterns rings also have the ability to purge the negative effects that a Red Lanterns Ring can cause upon the wielder of a Green Lantern Ring.
Ability To Kill: One of the main weaknesses of the Power Rings that greatly disturbed Sinestro was the fact that the bearers of the Green Lantern Ring were unable to kill. Recently however, this restriction on the rings has been lifted but murder is still against the law of the GL Corps. This restriction was lifted by the Guardians of the Universe during the War of the Green Lanterns.
In other media
Being Hal Jordan's and the Green lantern corps worst enemy and a popular character Sinestro has appeared in a multitude of comic book based media.
Sinestro made his first TV appearance on Challenge of the Superfriends voiced by Vic Perrin then by Don Messik.
In 1979, Sinestro made his first live action appearance in the Legends of the Superheroes played by Charlie Callas. Sinestro made his first DCU appearance in Superman TAS. His origins were not explicitly developed but follow the same line of his comic book origin. In the DCU he is right handed. in Justice League he was a member of Grodd's society. In Static Shock he frames John Stewart for several crimes until defeated by John and Static. He also is a part of Lex Luthor's Secret Society of Super-Villains and played minor roles to help his fellow villains, such as large group fights against the Justice League.
He makes a "guest" appearance on Duck Dogers voiced John De Lanice. His satanic appearance is noted.
He appears in "The Batman" as an ex-Green Lantern and Hal Jordan's teacher just like the comics. He is defeated by Hal and Batman. In this series he is voiced Miguel Ferrer. His look is a slightly modified version of his silver age appearance.
He appears in Batman the Brave and the Bold episode "The Eyes of Despero" as a Green Lantern in a cell with Guy Gardner and G'nort. When Batman needs help he releases them to fight Despero. When Sinestro's morals prove dark he is defeated by Guy Gardner and re-imprisoned. An alternate universe version of Sinestro appears in "Deep cover for Batman" wearing his Sinestro Corps uniform and wielding his yellow power ring. It is speculated he will appear again.
Green Lantern: First Flight
Sinestro was the main villain in DC's first animated movie in the Green Lantern Franchise, which told the origin story of test pilot Hal Jordan, who is Voiced by Christopher Meloni. and how he was chosen to become a member of the Green Lantern Corps, which is lead by Sinestro, who is voiced by Victor Garber.
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Unlike in "Rebirth" were he Sinestro turned into a Yellow Lantern shortly after Hal's arrival, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights shows a time where Sinestro was still a Green Lantern who fought along side Hal Jordan
Sinestro will make his first live action debut in Warner Bros. 2011 summer blockbuster Green Lantern. This Green lantern movie is based on the DC Comics character created by John Broome and Gil Kane back in the Silver Age of Comic Books. The film follows Hal Jordan, Sinestro and the rest of the Green Lantern Corps as they struggle to fight against a new enemy called Parallax that threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe.
In the film Sinestro is considered by many to be the greatest Green Lantern in the corps, Thaal Sinestro is a true adversary for any that oppose him. Leading Patrols as a true model in battle, he is one of the few beings the Guardians of the Universe implicitly trust. But when news of Abin Sur's death reaches the Corps, Sinestro's attitude changes for the worst, causing more problems for the new arrival, Hal Jordan.
He is mentioned in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Green Lantern's ending.
He is set to appear in DC Universe Online.
He made a minor appearance in Batman: the Brave and the Bold the videogame in the final episode of the game. Starro invaded his planet so he helps Batman and Guy Gardner to reach Starro. Guy insists they shouldn't trust him.
Lego Batman 2
Sinestro appears as a playable character in Lego Batman 2. His special ability is flight.
Injustice Gods Among Us - Sinestro is one of the playable fighters voiced by Troy Baker. He is shown early on fighting the Justice League, specifically Hal Jordan, while Lex Luthor infiltrates the League Watchtower. He is presumed arrested. When the heroes of Prime Earth are taken to the alternate reality where Superman rules the One Earth government, Hal, Wonder Woman, and Green Arrow run into another Sinestro who has allied Korugar with Earth in a logical political move. He serves Superman as one of his top lieutenants and works with a now Sinestro Corp Hal Jordan. He is eventually defeated by the good Superman who takes off his ring. Both he and the Yellow Hal Jordan are brought to this worlds Guardians of the Universe by the Prime Hal Jordan. In his arcade ending Sinestro sees the fall of Superman and the One Earth government and sees that fear is not enough to impose order. He and the Sinestro Corps assault the White Entity and Sinestro becomes a White Lantern with the goal of extinguishing the Green Lantern Corps.