For Violet (Star Sapphire) Power Rings, these abilities include:
Their power is based on Love. Motto
Origins & History
The Violet Lantern Corps originated on planet Zamaron under the moniker Star Sapphire. Their corps originally consisted of Zamarons and a few select human females (i.e. Carol Ferris), but now the corps has expanded operations and is looking for Lanterns across the universe.
The Violet Lantern Corps originated on planet Zamaron under the moniker Star Sapphire. Their corps originally consisted of Zamarons and a few select human females (i.e. Carol Ferris), but now the corps has expanded operations and is looking for Lanterns across the universe. Their power is based on Love.
"For hearts long lost and full of fright for fright
for those alone in blackest night accept night
accept our ring and join our fight love fight
love conquers all with violet light!!"
So far, this corps has been shown to be entirely made up of females.
Powers & Abilities
As a conduit of power from the violet range of the emotional spectrum, the Violet Power rings have a number of abilities akin to those of other Lantern Rings.
- Animation: A Violet Lantern can will objects to move how she wants.
- Artificial Intelligence: The ring acts as an "on-board computer," telling the wearer what they need to know. It can either respond out loud, or silently directly to the wearer's mind. The ring also translates nearly every language to and from the wearer, which is why the Corps can communicate with each other.
- Burglar Alarm: A Lantern can coat anything with the rings beam and thus, if anyone other than himself touches it, his ring will glow, alerting him to the possible theft.
- Communicator: The rings can act as a personal communicator between Lanterns. They have also been seen connected to telephones.
- Costumes: The wearer of the ring may create any costume they choose, based on their personal preferences, whenever they choose. The ring projects the costume over any clothes already worn at the time.
- Energy Projections: The rings can also project beams, form protective bubbles and force fields, and fire destructive blasts. Sometimes, depending on the wearer, the beams and blasts make sounds.
- Energy Constructs: The rings can construct anything the wearer can imagine from hard-light energy, as long as they are willing to make it. The more determined the wearer is, the more complex and intricate these things can be. The constructs can even be so complex as to form working machines, computers, and even people.
- Flight: The rings allows the wearer to fly in atmosphere or in space, and can achieve incredible speeds, moving from planet to planet in a matter of hours.
- Invisibility: The rings can make the wearer or anything else invisible.
- Matter Manipulation: A Lantern can use their ring to manipulate nearby matter, such as water, for various purposes such as a construct that acts like an energy construct but can block something yellow and may serve a purpose that an energy construct couldn't perform.
- Mind Control: The wearer of the Ring can use it to plant post hypnotic commands or control a person.
- Mirages: The rings can create mirages/illusions.
- Phasing: The rings allows the user to go through walls.
- Probing: The rings can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.
- Ring Duplication: Each ring can duplicate itself, creating a second ring which may be given to another as a backup, for protection, or to help the lantern in times of great need. This duplicate ring is exactly like a normal ring but will last only twenty-four (24) hours.
- Temperature Control: The rings can increase or decrease the temperature of anything, even something as large as stars, or even create bubbles of intense heat or cold, even down to Absolute Zero.
- Transforming: The rings can transform anyone or anything, be it into an animal, altering their state of appearance, or their size.
Unique Powers & Abilities
It appears that each new Lantern Corps Ring has unique abilities.
It appears that each new Lantern Corps Ring has unique abilities. For Violet (Star Sapphire) Power Rings, these abilities include:
- Love Cognizance: a unique ability to sense love. They are able to detect when true love is threatened or in jeopardy, and can use the love shared between two hearts to act as a tether. By attuning the heart of the victim to the heart of the Star Sapphire, this tether is created connecting them across vast tracks of space. The tether pulls the Star Sapphire through space to the victim so that she may save love. This attunement allows a Star Sapphire to also tell when others are in need of love and the state of love in their hearts, providing great insight into the personal lives of others.
- True Love: Violet Power Rings can ignite the glow of a star sapphire crystal in any person. This glow reveals a person's deepest desire. They can show someone's true love. Only those who gaze into the light of the crystal can know what they see.
- Crystallization: A Star Sapphire has the unique power to encase others in love, crystallizing them. Apparently the victims are put in a form of suspended animation while love floods their hearts and alters their personalities (i.e. Fatality). The power is great enough to crystallize an entire planet, as was the case of planet Zamaron.
- Undying Love: A A Star Sapphire can restart a dying heart by connecting two lovers and using herself as a channel between them. Through Through this, the love felt between them can restore the dying heart to a state of normalcy, even bringing the wounded lover back from the brink of death.