Follow

Wiccan

Character » Wiccan appears in 680 issues.

Billy Kaplan, an electrokinetic mutant with magical and reality warping abilities, joined the Young Avengers under the name Asgardian (which was later changed to Wiccan) as part of Vision's fail safe program to ensure the existence of the Avengers team. Wiccan and his teammate/brother Speed are believed to be the reincarnations of the Scarlet Witch's dead twin sons. He is considered a powerful mage, and was revealed to be the Demiurge, a being of great power, destined to one day "rewrite the laws of magic".

Why does it say that Wiccan was in comics prior to the YA?

Endymion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endymion

Is it referring to him back when he was still one of the Scarlet Witch's magically created kids? Or is that a mistake?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Probably.

Endymion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Endymion

fesak says:

"Probably."

Probably what? Speed's page is like this too, but it makes less sense because it has Maverick, a comic that neither the Scarlet Witch nor Vision(I mention him because he's their "dad") make appearances in.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Endymion says:

"fesak says:
    "Probably."
    Probably what? Speed's page is like this too, but it makes less sense because it has Maverick, a comic that neither the Scarlet Witch nor Vision(I mention him because he's their "dad") make appearances in."

He's saying it's probably a mistake because that's what you asked....

Endymion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endymion

Vance Astro says:

"Endymion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Probably."
    Probably what? Speed's page is like this too, but it makes less sense because it has Maverick, a comic that neither the Scarlet Witch nor Vision(I mention him because he's their "dad") make appearances in."

He's saying it's probably a mistake because that's what you asked...."

I asked whether it was one thing or another, and he gave a very vague reply.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Endymion says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Endymion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Probably."
    I asked whether it was one thing or another, and he gave a very vague reply."

If he's saying that it's probably an error,what more needs to be said.

Endymion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endymion

Vance Astro says:

"Endymion says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Endymion says:
    "fesak says:
    "Probably."
    I asked whether it was one thing or another, and he gave a very vague reply."

If he's saying that it's probably an error,what more needs to be said."

He didn't say it was an error, he just said "probably". If I asked someone whether they had made a mistake or if I made a mistake and their only answer was "Yes", I would be very confused.
    TeeCub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TeeCub

They WERE in older comics, actually. I remember reading one where they were born. Even if it was before they were reabsorbed and reborn, I suppose that, since their souls are the same, they are the same characters and, so, those old appearances still count :)

Also note: I can't remember what issue it was, but reading that one is really well worth it for the cute factor, no matter how sad what ends up happening ins.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Endymion says:

"fesak says:
    "Probably."

Vision isn't their father, never has been.

grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By grimm

vision is there father

...technically
    scarlet wtich was dating him and i guess when she created them he was their dad
    and they were in  other comics because they were born a while ago
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lol, probably.

Someone created by magic would not have a father, only a creator.
    And was it ever confirmed in the comics that Wiccan and Speed is infact the magically created children of Scarlet Witch or not?

Drift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Drift

@TeeCub said:

"They WERE in older comics, actually. I remember reading one where they were born. Even if it was before they were reabsorbed and reborn, I suppose that, since their souls are the same, they are the same characters and, so, those old appearances still count :)

Also note: I can't remember what issue it was, but reading that one is really well worth it for the cute factor, no matter how sad what ends up happening ins."

It does say in his bio that the first appearance was 'The Vision and the Scarlet Witch ' issue 12, could that be what you're thinking of?  Hell, even the cover says the issue contains Wanda giving birth, so yeah, they probably showed up beforehand.
    charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Well considering that Wanda was married to Vision and he helped raise the twins before Master Pandemonium took them... I would say he is the father.

rondoudou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but how old is Wiccan and speed supposed to be anyways? i mean the scarlet witch looks waaay to young for them to be around 15

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.