Question

#1 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was attractive male removed in the first place?

#2 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

???...from what?

#3 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

oh because he had steroids and...you know what happens to that (part)

#4 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't. That was Patriot.

But seriously, why was it removed?

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

if you think he's classed as an Attractive Male, add the power back

M

#6 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"if you think he's classed as an Attractive Male, add the power back M"

I removed because he's a Kid.

#7 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

1) He's a teenager, and even so, does it matter?

2) Ikki, Aloria, Seiya, Hyoga, Anole, Powerboy and Hellion are all teenagers with Attractive Male

#8 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone thinks he's attractive then he is. Can't really argue with that since attractive male/female are the only powers based on opinion rather than fact.

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

that's one reason I think it's pointless....but then again there are those one chapter characters with no skill or point but are just easy on the eyes, so....whatever

#10 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

it shouldnt be a power unless you can use it on someone. it shouldnt be if the reader thinks he's attractive or not. it should be if he can get people to do or not do things for him simply because of his looks. at least that's the way i see it. that's the way all the other powers are.

#11 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"it shouldnt be a power unless you can use it on someone. it shouldnt be if the reader thinks he's attractive or not. it should be if he can get people to do or not do things for him simply because of his looks. at least that's the way i see it. that's the way all the other powers are."

i woulda said that but I was too lazy :D

#12 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Attractive male/female are just there for fun. It's not to be taken seriously.

#13 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol that's terrible resonate!

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Attractive male/female are just there for fun. It's not to be taken seriously."

ok but why list a power that isnt used? and is it written somewhere that they are just for fun or do we have to guess that or luckily run into someone who already knows that?

#15 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Attractive male/female are just there for fun. It's not to be taken seriously."

gasp

Apparition says:

"lol that's terrible resonate!"

#16 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole power rankings are just for fun, nobody seems to take it seriously or else Storm wouldn't be ranked as the second most powerful character ever: http://www.comicvine.com/powers/

#17 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah I saw that...and I was like, wtf and then I just ignored it

I never had any real reason to do that lol it's not that interesting to me...

#18 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"The whole power rankings are just for fun, nobody seems to take it seriously or else Storm wouldn't be ranked as the second most powerful character ever:
" />http://www.comicvine.com/powers/"

i think the ratings are just popularity contests but the powers that are listed for the characters should be the powers they really have. just because someone who reads the comic thinks that wiccan is handsome doesnt mean he is. look at spiderman. sometimes he's drawn to look really attractive but most women in the comics dont see him that way. so why would we give him that power?

#19 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#20 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"fesak says:
"The whole power rankings are just for fun, nobody seems to take it seriously or else Storm wouldn't be ranked as the second most powerful character ever:
" />http://www.comicvine.com/powers/"

i think the ratings are just popularity contests but the powers that are listed for the characters should be the powers they really have. just because someone who reads the comic thinks that wiccan is handsome doesnt mean he is. look at spiderman. sometimes he's drawn to look really attractive but most women in the comics dont see him that way. so why would we give him that power?"

The thing is that it's pretty easy to fill out the other powers since they are listed in various handbooks and such, but how do we decide if someone gets to have attractive male/female?

#21 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

You're avoiding the question.

#22 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Apparition says:
"fesak says:
i" />http://www.comicvine.com/powers/"
i think the ratings are just popularity contests but the powers that are listed for the characters should be the powers they really have. just because someone who reads the comic thinks that wiccan is handsome doesnt mean he is. look at spiderman. sometimes he's drawn to look really attractive but most women in the comics dont see him that way. so why would we give him that power?"
The thing is that it's pretty easy to fill out the other powers since they are listed in various handbooks and such, but how do we decide if someone gets to have attractive male/female?"

depending on if, in the comics, people say that they are attractive or are affected by their looks into doing things for them or staring at them or whatever!

#23 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkingbird says:

"You're avoiding the question."

who's avoiding it? you asked and someone answered.

Hawkingbird says:

"Why was attractive male removed in the first place?"

Midnight Lantern says:

"Methos says:
"if you think he's classed as an Attractive Male, add the power back M"
I removed because he's a Kid."
#24 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"fesak says:
"Apparition says:
"fesak says:
i" />http://www.comicvine.com/powers/"
The thing is that it's pretty easy to fill out the other powers since they are listed in various handbooks and such, but how do we decide if someone gets to have attractive male/female?"

depending on if, in the comics, people say that they are attractive or are affected by their looks into doing things for them or staring at them or whatever!"

Attractive is objective even in comics. For example Emma Frost couldn't use her looks to affect Northstar for obvious reasons, she wasn't attractive to him. Does this mean she is unattractive?

Deadpool is mighty attracted to Bea Arthur. Does this mean she is attractive?

#25 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course i understand that. My point being that attractive is objective even for comic book characters.

#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what aparation is getting at, is that people should only have the "attractive" power, if they invoke it. Meaning I'm spiderman and one of my powers is to use my devilishly good looks to make you run away in fear. SOmething like that versus flipping through some comics and saying, "oh he/she is cute, lets give them the attractive power"

#27 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

attractive male and female should be deleted from the website thats not a power unless they force others to like them which could be put under empathy

#28 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

boo. they should stay. some people aren't fortunate enough to have the attractive power.....Maggot man

#29 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't find him atractive nor Cable or Morph those can go without atractive male all my lives and will not complain

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.