Follow

Wiccan

Character » Wiccan appears in 679 issues.

Billy Kaplan, an electrokinetic mutant with magical and reality warping abilities, joined the Young Avengers under the name Asgardian (which was later changed to Wiccan) as part of Vision's fail safe program to ensure the existence of the Avengers team. Wiccan and his teammate/brother Speed are believed to be the reincarnations of the Scarlet Witch's dead twin sons. He is considered a powerful mage, and was revealed to be the Demiurge, a being of great power, destined to one day "rewrite the laws of magic".

Can someone explain this to me?

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

How the are he and his brother even Wanda and Vision's? I'm only asking from what I've gotten by UncannyXmen.Net and that wiki sight. Some say she created life with her powers, does that mean the twins don't have real souls? Then it goes on to explain that she techincally stole life from shards of a demon. So does that mean they're part of the demon not her or Vision. Which I'm still a little confused on how he could be their fatheroO;;. Isn't he like all robot, but then again I haven't read all his bio yet. 

Then Wiccan, I think, theorized they were the reincarnated spirits of her twin children. Again I'm still a little lost on how, I thought the children were never real. I remember in House of M, Professor Xavier kept reminding her that the children were NEVER real and she NEVER could have children. So does that mean their existance still rooted to her powers? Cause well, Wiccan and his brother are what 15-18 or 19, either way their teens aren't they? And Wanda doesn't look that old enough to have been their mother, even with her magic, etc. 

Well either way I'm still confused with this^^;. So if someone would explain this to me, I'd greatly appreciate this. Peace^^

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

They have souls. Let me see if I can find the scan for you. I know it was from a somewhat current issue of Uncanny. Just read the trade. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Okay. Found it. It's Uncanny issue  529. 

I don't have a scanner, but I'll type out the dialogue for you.   

Kay. Found one of the pages. Will manually type out the second page for you. 

No Caption Provided

Scott: I can tell you...they are not your grandchildren. 

Erik: Of course they're not. That would be impossible. And yet.

S: Erik--- 

E: ...They do look rather like Wanda. Don't you think? 

S: I hadn't noticed. 

E: Have you noticed that one is a mage, the other is a speedster and their names are Thomas and William? Because Wanda's sons were named Thomas and William.  

S: Wanda's sons weren't real. They were magical constructs-- 

E: They were considerably more than that. They had thoughts and feelings. They had minds of their own. They had souls. Wanda may have used magic to give them life, but even the Scarlet Witch can't create a human soul. And when those souls were set free, what if they found their way into the bodies of Wiccan and Speed?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well Vision can die and experience death and revival, and he can cry... lol anyway, both he and Wanda are complicated, their children are complicated and actually there are still lots of unanswered questions hanging about, but in the progress of being answered (see Children's Crusade) I have read all relevant issues of characters concerned and even I don't get it.... I could run down a summary but in my opinion ts better just to wait for Childrens Crusade to finish... each issue reveals a new angle... just yeah don't worry about feeling confused, everyone essentially is. ^_^

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

As with everything in the Marvel Universe, I blame Franklin Richards.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  Dark Huntress, you are way, way too helpful and awesome lol I didn't even ask a question and I feel like thanking you for doing that 0_o
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By jayskee
    @TheCrowbar:
    why
    NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By NeoAndroid

I believe since as Magento said in the Childrens Crusade that the Scarlet Witchs last spell was to Restore Life. And that spell was to try and Restore the Life of her twin sons and maybe the people back to normality and pietro back to life after magnus killed him in that instance. They have a connection to Wanda especially Wiccan more than speed not just because of his mage abilitys - which i believe is actually a varied version of Scarlet Witchs. We are yet to know if she will be forced to use her powers to say save Wiccan (currently powerless thanks to Dr.Doom) as if her hex on her breaks when she sees one of the children being smashed about. 

But i honestly think childrens crusade is doing a great job on clearing up some of the errors. 

And yeap a machine and a woman cant have children even though vision had a sythentic soul. He still lets say didnt have the mayo for her sandwhich (no, not being childish but writing this with young kids around me reading every word i type. And i dont want to explain to there mothers..........anyways!)

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Kiddevil
    @NeoAndroid
    um dude chances are the kids know more than you :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.