Bill and Ted's Avenger Adventure

Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

We are so original

Dude, we were referenced?
I just realized that Wiccan (Billy) and Hulkling (Teddy) names are a reference to the Bill and Ted movies from the late 80's/ early 90's.  

One Blond, one black hair, given they are switched, but still.  

They were both "coupled" in their own way...

Do you think this was intentional or just happen to work out that way? Do you think some one was a fan and that slipped in or is this a case of a fan over thinking characters? 
#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.

Love Bill and Ted, I hope the reference was intentional, though I doubt it.
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh... I never noticed this, dude :)

#3 Posted by FierceYouth (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Heinberg actually has another character he created named Teddy Altman, though she is from his work as a TV-writer, and is a character on Grey's Anatomy. As for Billy's name, since he's meant to be the spiritual successor to Scarlet Witch's child, his name had to be either William or Thomas. Still, they decided to shorten it to Billy. 

I can't imagine it's a coincidence since every time I mention Billy & Teddy (and I mention them a lot. ._.) I instantly think of Bill & Ted. <3 
#4 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've gone with 

Bill and Ted's Excellent Avengers

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

That is funny. I didn't notice. Probably unintentional but hopefully someone has pointed it out and they put in a reference to time travel in a phone booth or something.
#6 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasgasmic:
I thought about it but the two movies were excellent and bogus adventure.
#7 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

Wyld Stallons assemble!

#8 Posted by Comicbookgal (38 posts) - - Show Bio

lol! I'm picturing Hulking yelling "RADICAL!" as he charges into battle!

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12668 posts) - - Show Bio

thats cool

#10 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat observation, and how did that slide by me? I must have forgotten that the clock in San Dimas is always running...

FYI, the Bogus Journey comic is pretty good for anyone who hasn't read it, and fills a few

of the films plot holes.

#11 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Does that make Magneto, Rufus?

#12 Posted by Scarlett_Wiccan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe a little intentional

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.