Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comics Review

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comics was available on iTunes and will be released on DVD and Blu-ray (and OnDemand) tomorrow, March 3, 2009.  You may have seen it the preview clips there or maybe you've already downloaded some or all of the chapters.  When I posted about this before, I know there were some that felt this isn't the direction comics should go in.

The motion comics that Warner Bros. has put out so far (see my Batman: Black And White review) are not meant to necessarily replace the original comics.  It's simply another way to enjoy the comic.  It's not just a matter of taking the comics and moving a static image across the screen.  There is some animation added but it's not intended to be a full animated cartoon

Another gripe that I heard was people didn't want to be tied to their computer or watch it on their iPod/iPhone.  With this release, that won't be a problem.

Part of enjoying comics is sitting back and reading it.  With Watchmen, a comic that most of us have already read or are currently reading, the motion comics adds a new twist to it.  There is motion along with voice and sound added.  This is also ideal if you have any friends or family members that refuse to read comics, despite all the hype and praise this book has received over the years.  All twelve chapters are included and this has a whopping running time of 325 minutes.  You will definitely get your money's worth from this.

I do have to say that I have one gripe about this.  There is only one voice actor, Kelly Ward.  Don't get me wrong, he does a great job.  Audio books tend to have just one actor.  What bothered me was the lines for Silk Spectre.  Other than that, it was enjoyable.  The Batman motion comic did have more than one actor.  It would've been nice if that was the case here too.  I did notice a couple minor lines cut but it made the story flow smoother so it wasn't a problem.  Totally minor stuff.

I have a feeling there are going to be some people resistant to this.  I say get over that and give this a try.  You can buy it directly from Warner Bros., find it on OnDemand or get it off of iTunes.

I have to give a solid 4 out of 5.  It's a nice production.  It's good if you (or others) don't want to read the entire book again.  It's a good addition to your library.

And don't forget the $7.50 movie cash check enclosed if you're planning on seeing the movie this weekend.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Media_Master

Thats great!

325min of Watchmen in motion!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.