Watchmen Movie Already Setting Records

Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio
"Watchmen" is going to debut in the most theaters for an R-rated movie.  The Hollywood Reporter has posted that "Watchmen" will be playing in 3,611 theaters.  Of those, 1,600 will have midnight showings Thursday night.  Zack Snyder's "300" had the second highest first day gross.  We'll see if "Watchmen" can beat that.

It also looks as if "Watchmen" won't have a lot of competition this weekend.  Fandango, an online ticket agency, stated that 90% of its advanced ticket sales for the weekend are for the movie.  Imax's website crashed as a result of high traffic.

I can say that I'm glad I got to see the movie already.  I suggest you try to get your tickets ahead of time.  I'm sure come Monday morning, we'll be reading about another record being broken.

Staff
#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

whoah...

sounds like advanced tickets are the way to go

M

#2 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

Man now I worried if I shoudl try and go c it friday or wait till later.

#3 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

lol imax website crashed! that's a lot of people wanting to watch the movie.

#4 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Packed theaters...whopee.

#5 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got my tickets for the midnight showing.  Man, I'm excited.  I'm old with kids now.  I don't get to go to midnight showings anymore.  I think my last one was the Phantom Menace. lol

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn... thats Crazy
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I still need to get a fake ID first, gah! though I was told you only have to be 17 to see a Rated R movie unaccompanied, is that true?

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"I still need to get a fake ID first, gah! though I was told you only have to be 17 to see a Rated R movie unaccompanied, is that true?
"
Thats the Law down here in the States
#9 Posted by Nano (836 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I might go up to the main theatre tomorrow and buy my tickets. Just in case

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"I still need to get a fake ID first, gah! though I was told you only have to be 17 to see a Rated R movie unaccompanied, is that true?
"
so? you are 13 lol
#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"aztek the lost said:
"
so? you are 13 lol
"
16...and only by five months...this sucks...why couldn't they have just delayed the movie by a couple more months...
#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

17 by 4 months, like it matters here, If I can make people believe I have 18 to sell me some things since I had 14 there was no way I wouldn't be able to enter

#13 Posted by HobGadling (706 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"17 by 4 months, like it matters here, If I can make people believe I have 18 to sell me some things since I had 14 there was no way I wouldn't be able to enter
"
I dunno, man... if the word's out to card, they'll do it.  I'm 31, and never get carded for alcohol anywhere, but they'll card me when I get smokes for the wife.
#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but I'm from mexico, that changes things :P

#15 Posted by danhimself (22216 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:
"aztek the lost said:
"
so? you are 13 lol
"
16...and only by five months...this sucks...why couldn't they have just delayed the movie by a couple more months...
"
you should at least try to get in or what you can do is go with a friend who's older and have them buy the tickets while you stand back out of view and then he gives you one and you go in

i'm waiting till the hype dies down a little.......i hate crowded theaters and sitting next to people i don't know
#16 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought mine today:D

#17 Posted by Lunacyde (17632 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I hate ot say it im waiting till saturday

#18 Edited by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope Watchmen breaks all the records imposed so far! 300 Was a R-Rated flick and it was very successful, people know what to expect when going to the movies to see a Snyder's film.

#19 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
I just hope I dont sit in the theaters next to a bunch of people who are gonna talk through the whole damn movie... I might have to knock a motherfooka out

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.