Watchmen is one of the best movies i ever seen!

#1 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

So i missed out on theaters, but i saw it on dvd last night  and it was one of the best movies i ever seen!

Rorschach played his part great and Dr.Manhattan played liked GOD.

Anyway i loved it and what about you? 

#2 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Good movie, not one of the best I have ever seen.

#3 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

It was alright, it's not one of those movies I really enjoy.

#4 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really impressed the first time I watched it but after a few more times, it gets a bit boring.

#5 Posted by Nowhere Man. (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wario88 said:
" So i missed out on theaters, but i saw it on dvd last night  and it was one of the best movies i ever seen!

"
I loved it!! My fav scene is Dr.Manhattan's origin
#6 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nowhere Man. said:
"@Wario88 said:
" So i missed out on theaters, but i saw it on dvd last night  and it was one of the best movies i ever seen!

"
I loved it!! My fav scene is Dr.Manhattan's origin"

I agree, the movie was epic! Watchmen and the Dark Knight are def my two fav DC films, or top anyway :)
#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good movie. The extra footage for the Director's Cut helped the movie flow better, I thought, since I saw the original in theatres and watched the DVD a few days ago.

#8 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

it was good.

i liked it, not as much as the book, i knew there was gonna be differences. 

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
Watchmen was an Amazing Movie
#10 Posted by Vegas (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I thought he did a wonderful job.

#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't seen it yet ]=

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" I still haven't seen it yet ]="
Have you read the comic?

(Something tells me you won't like the movie. It's just a baseless hunch, but I imagine that if there was one person to come into this thread telling us that it was a terrible movie, it'd be you for some reason, haha. :P)
#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, haven't.

Lol, probably. Why wouldn't i like it though?
#14 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen is one of the best movies I have seen in the past few months.

#15 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" Nope, haven't.

"
Ridiculous sex scene, Malin Akerman is a bad actress but looks hot so nobody cares, violence ratcheted up, Rorschach has a mildly gravelly voice, Ozymandias' accent, and probably a bit because of how Nite-Owl's and Ozy's costumes looks a little something out of a Joel Schumacher film.

Just preliminary guesses ;)
#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @pixelized said:
" Nope, haven't.

"
Ridiculous sex scene, Malin Akerman is a bad actress but looks hot so nobody cares, violence ratcheted up, Rorschach has a mildly gravelly voice, Ozymandias' accent, and probably a bit because of how Nite-Owl's and Ozy's costumes looks a little something out of a Joel Schumacher film.Just preliminary guesses ;) "
Sounds like an Episode of Nip/Tuck, with explosions.
#17 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Sparda said:
" @pixelized said:
" Nope, haven't.

"
Ridiculous sex scene, Malin Akerman is a bad actress but looks hot so nobody cares, violence ratcheted up, Rorschach has a mildly gravelly voice, Ozymandias' accent, and probably a bit because of how Nite-Owl's and Ozy's costumes looks a little something out of a Joel Schumacher film.Just preliminary guesses ;) "
"
I only saw the part where the woman cuts off her own breast, but comparing that moment to Watchmen, that is a surprisingly competent comparison.

Fight scenes are like out of the Matrix. All in all, I thought it was pretty good. Soundtrack was kinda weird at times (they use that Hallejulah-I probably spelled that wrong-song for the sex scene and it is hideous out of place), but hey, Bob Dylan during opening credits was great.
#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach is Clint Eastwood with esophageal cancer in this movie.

#19 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Rorschach is Clint Eastwood with esophageal cancer in this movie. "
Not as bad as Batman in Dark Knight Returns.......meanwhile, Clint Eastwood sounds like a natural badass, and Rorschach.......sounds like a natural badass who's trying too hard to make sure everyone knows he's a badass.
#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Korg said:
" Rorschach is Clint Eastwood with esophageal cancer in this movie. "
Not as bad as Batman in Dark Knight Returns.......meanwhile, Clint Eastwood sounds like a natural badass, and Rorschach.......sounds like a natural badass who's trying too hard to make sure everyone knows he's a badass. "
Bale's voice was awful... my immaturity wouldn't let me not imitate his voice for the duration of the movie.

@Sparda said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Sparda said:
" @pixelized said:
" Nope, haven't.

"
"
I only saw the part where the woman cuts off her own breast, but comparing that moment to Watchmen, that is a surprisingly competent comparison.Fight scenes are like out of the Matrix. All in all, I thought it was pretty good. Soundtrack was kinda weird at times (they use that Hallejulah-I probably spelled that wrong-song for the sex scene and it is hideous out of place), but hey, Bob Dylan during opening credits was great. "
I was interested in seeing it for a while, i just don't like sitting through  movies. 
#21 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" Not as bad as Batman in Dark Knight Returns......."
You're right it was much, much worse, to the point of distraction, and me wondering why Clint Eastwood was in the movie. I just don't understand why he was impersonating Eastwood.
#22 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @Sparda said:
" Not as bad as Batman in Dark Knight Returns......."
You're right it was much, much worse, to the point of distraction, and me wondering why Clint Eastwood was in the movie. I just don't understand why he was impersonating Eastwood.
"
Really? I thought that Rorschach's voice was at least 3x better and more understandable than Bale's bat-voice (although, it made much more sense for Batman to have a gravelly voice than for Rorschach, since everybody knows who Wayne is but no one knows who Rorschach was). With Bale's voice, I don't blame the Joker for laughing at him so much in the interrogation scene.

@pixelized said:
"Bale's voice was awful... my immaturity wouldn't let me not imitate his voice for the duration of the movie."

Oy, no kidding. It wasn't so bad that it detracted from the movie, for me, though.
#23 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like the way they handled Rorschach's dialogue to begin with, and the Eastwood impression didn't help. The bat-voice never got to me, but I realize I'm in the minority there. I watched The Dark Knight more for Aaron Eckhart, and Heath Ledger than I did for Bale though. I knew what to expect from Bale, and it wasn't nearly as persistent, or distracting as Rorschach every time he spoke. He also continued the weird voice after his mask was removed, which rubbed me exactly the wrong way.

#24 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" I didn't like the way they handled Rorschach's dialogue to begin with, and the Eastwood impression didn't help. The bat-voice never got to me, but I realize I'm in the minority there. I watched The Dark Knight more for Aaron Eckhart, and Heath Ledger than I did for Bale though. I knew what to expect from Bale, and it wasn't nearly as persistent, or distracting as Rorschach every time he spoke. He also continued the weird voice after his mask was removed, which rubbed me exactly the wrong way. "
I felt that Aaron Eckhart's performance was way underrated in that movie. He deserves more credit.

Oh well, I just feel the opposite. I thought that Rorschach's voice was considerably more tolerable than Batman's.......although neither of them really bothered me that much when I was watching the films.
#25 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" I felt that Aaron Eckhart's performance was way underrated in that movie. He deserves more credit."
Aaron Eckhart's performances are consistently underrated. It's a shame, since he is a great actor.

@Sparda said:
" Oh well, I just feel the opposite. I thought that Rorschach's voice was considerably more tolerable than Batman's.......although neither of them really bothered me that much when I was watching the films. "
See, that was the thing for me. Bale didn't distract me while watching TDK in theaters. Rorschach's voice became a distraction. He is supposed to speak with a voice like that when he has the mask on. When the mask comes off, he loses his identity, and he talks like a normal person (with broken syntax). They did not take this approach in the movie, and it bothered me.
#26 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"See, that was the thing for me. Bale didn't distract me while watching TDK in theaters. Rorschach's voice became a distraction. He is supposed to speak with a voice like that when he has the mask on. When the mask comes off, he loses his identity, and he talks like a normal person (with broken syntax). They did not take this approach in the movie, and it bothered me. "
Hmm.....that's something I didn't notice, or consider. I don't know why they left that out......it would have been easy to do. I guess I didn't really notice it since his voice seems to change just a bit because it's not muffled by the mask.
#27 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

It drove me crazy right off the bat in the theater, but no one I saw it with was capable of understanding my frustration.

#28 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't expect that they would, Korg. I would expect that the would :l

#29 Edited by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
The Comedian was pretty awesome in Watchmen though
#30 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a good actor who can play a wide range of roles, shown by his parts in Supernatural, Grey' Anatomy, and of course, Watchmen. He should get more credit-he's a fine actor, in my opinion. He made Comedian awesome in the film, if you ask me. I can't imagine anyone else as the character now.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a good actor who can play a wide range of roles, shown by his parts in Supernatural, Grey' Anatomy, and of course, Watchmen. He should get more credit-he's a fine actor, in my opinion. He made Comedian awesome in the film, if you ask me. I can't imagine anyone else as the character now. "
Truth Indeed... but Jeffrey is like a lot of good actors in Hollywood who gets overlooked by the Hollywood Pretty Boys who show up on TMZ every other day

lol
#32 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Alas, it is a sad truth.

#33 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

That movie was sick and I heard the director's cut is even sicker

#34 Posted by NightFang (9815 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good movie.

#35 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

If Watchmen is one of the best movies ever seen, then my standards must be too high.

#36 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14399 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it wa sone of the worst novel to film transfers i have seen it totally missed the brillaicne of the novel by ruining plot twists , making the minutemen savegely violent when in the novel they are always on rorschach case for his violence towards perps. In general i thought it was poor and it shows since again alan moore wnated nothing to do with it since like all his other novels they have been butchered by hollywood. Now Che starring benicio Del Toro is a movie that was an awesome film

#37 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not the best movie I've ever seen, but it is one of my favorite superhero movies.

#38 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I was disappointed and thought that it could have been so much better. They also could have added more scenes if they didn't waste so much time with slow motion.

#39 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

It was surprisingly well put together, especially after Snyder completely missed the point of 300. I liked that they have Ozymandius give his back story earlier in the movie, it would have ruined the pacing of the movie if he gave all that "my parents died when I was 17" crap whilst putting the boots to 'Shach and Owl. I also liked that Own put up a bit of a fight in the movie, unlike the book where he gets hit in the face and just listens to Ozy's story like he's on g'damn Oprah. Plus I like Rorshach grabbing his hat when it gets knocked from his head, it just looks cool and is a nod to Indiana jones. 

All in all, I felt they did a great job fitting that much information into a movie, being faithful enough to the source material while eliminating some of the overly dorky mess that comes with comic books. ( imagine if NY was destroyed by the explosion caused by the teleportation of a genetically engineered squid that had the brain of a psychic placed in it.)

One thing that I didn't like about the movie was that Veidt didn't seem to give credit to the Comedian for changing his overly optimistic view. That was one of the most important pieces of character development in the whole book and they left it out.

#40 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" Good movie, not one of the best I have ever seen. "
same here
#41 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:  The bat-voice never got to me

It didnt really get to me either
#42 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
 Now Che starring benicio Del Toro is a movie that was an awesome film "
#43 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

it was okay. it's a hard comic to adapt into a movie because moore designed the comic so it couldn't be translated into movie

#44 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was fabu. cant wait for the final version. not the extended DVD, nor the one that follows, but the full version that comes out
last and is re-released in the theaters.

#45 Posted by orsonkidd (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it, despite it's many flaws. if I knew nothing of the comic i would be amazed that someone tried to portray comic book heroes as real people with flaws etc. It was not the best film ever, and I can't help but wonder how terry gillium would have done it, but i am glad it got made, if only for the reason that it will open the door to comic book movies being looked at as not just big budget hollywood blockbusters

#46 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen in french dubbing version. (No my choice !) The voice of Rorschah was ridiculous in this version. I finded the matrix-style of the fight were ridiculous and twistedly cool at the same time. 

But the movie was not bad at all. This is a comics very difficult to adapt anyway.
#47 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome. I think Rorschach acted more tough and agressive in the movie. And when that dude working for Big Figure got his arms cut off, Rorschach's eyes were twitching, showing that he had restraint, unlike the book were he looks like he's bored or deppressed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.