Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

Watchmen 2 Comic Project?

• 88 results
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By burr787
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " feels like DK2 "
    Except I doubt this will written by a psychopath.
    cjhanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By cjhanz

shit this sounds like its bound to suck
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@burr787 said:
    I would love A Rorschach prequel done by Morrison or Gaiman
    This would be awesome
    JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JackAs

I'd love a sequel. The movie was alright, accurate but boring. Nothing really stuck out for me. If they make a sequel, hopefully they have something solid.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By dane

I think it was a classic as it is. It's a complete and finished story and I view any other stories in the universe as fan-fiction. Even if it's printed and written by a professional, it's still fan-fiction.

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Dark Cell

lol love the picture
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By burr787

This thread is way to whiny.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58  Edited By Zoom
    @aztek the lost said:
    "ha! prepare for another Moore rant!  also, this is an epicly terrible idea, I know there are some talented people out there who could make great stories, but Watchmen is supposed to be stand-alone, one-shot, type deal, it should be kept that way "

Indeed.
    timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By timrothsays

lol, blasphemy

Overguardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Overguardian
    @crazed h3ro: I don`t think Manhattan appearing as the world`s enemy was an element in the comic.
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @m_man360 said:

"This is what will happen. Doctor Manhattan will re-teleport Rorschach to help on the investigation of the killing of Richard Nixon, it turns out that bush sr has nothing to do with the killing and that they could be a bigger operation going on. The gulf war has just begun and Nite Owl and Silk Spectre have decided to help out on the war effort in the dessert. They are called by agents to help out on the investigation, Veidt has nothing to do with it either. Until veidt dies suddenly. Now it’s a race against time to find out who did it before more people die. The comic will also have flashbacks of the comedian for all those that are missing him. The end result being that he was killed by Rorschacks father an assassin. Jon loses his power and becomes human again where he settles with Laurie, Dan commits suicide. That’s it. If you don’t like it, please tell me what story could be better from your opinion. You have to admit that’s the best it could possibly get.NUFF SAID.And please all those that said that they won’t read it...pssh please, you will be there on opening day. And if you seriously won’t read it...good for you...you are probably going to download it. "

We have to admit that's thebest it could get? I wish you could hear me laughing hysterically. Oh boy, everyone with Microsoft Word and a discount digital camera has delusions of grandeur these days; I wonder how many actually have any shred of talent. Well don't you have one humbling ego? Apparently precognitive too! I'd think such an accomplished writer would have superior grammar abilities, but who am I? I’m the kid that thinks the higher-quality story is no freaking sequel at all. But thank you for trying, shame I don’t have a parting gift, so you’ll have to settle for the middle finger. And just for pointers, Shakespeare, if you're going to renew Rorschach...learn to spell his name properly. That alone makes your grandiose Watchmen revival hold about as much water as a Louisiana levee. You might embarrass yourself a little less, though that really might be reaching for the stars. Nuff said!          

Staticoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Staticoss

meh
    m_man360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By m_man360

@MysterioMaximus

Oh my god. You actually took the time to inspect all that letter by letter considering that I did that within a minute not caring. Shame.....you must be some poor soul who’s never seen the light of day or a chick for that matter. I can’t even be offended to bother to cope with you......it’s sloppy seconds.

And yes critics are important like you, because if no one criticises your wok then it’s not good and has no potential. That is from a book called “The Last Lecture”, ever heard of it.....probably not...you are probably still on my ABC’S.

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @m_man360 said:

"@MysterioMaximusOh my god. You actually took the time to inspect all that letter by letter considering that I did that within a minute not caring. Shame.....you must be some poor soul who’s never seen the light of day or a chick for that matter. I can’t even be offended to bother to cope with you......it’s sloppy seconds.And yes critics are important like you, because if no one criticises your wok then it’s not good and has no potential. That is from a book called “The Last Lecture”, ever heard of it.....probably not...you are probably still on my ABC’S. "

Why yes, I'm clearly the unintelligent one, my pictures prove that I've never had a girlfriend, and my writing abilities are vastly inferior to your own, masterful wordsmith. Why I bet you've got a big budget publication company by the balls already! Keep dreaming...

Then you'll wake up and realize you were schooled on ComicVine for your laughably poor writing and atrocious grammar abilities, something you seem to be oblivious to as your unwarranted arrogance and superiority attitude blinds you, and now feel the bitter notion to accuse someone else of never having a girlfriend, despite actually having photos to the contrary on this very site. Ah! I see why you're so cocky, your self-consciousness is now blatant. I can’t help but feel the comment comes at me because that’s probably the single virgin lifestyle you know from experience. You continue to embarrass yourself, it’s quite amusing. And if you’re going to knock someone by claiming they're stuck in the ABC’s, you might want to make sure you wrote that sentence (or just the overall entire post) properly. Hah! Maybe you should look in a mirror. It’s people like you that solidify one thing in my mind…everyone should be pro-choice. You probably don't even understand that insult. I may as well be writing in Spanish.    

CaptObtuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CaptObtuse
    @m_man360 said:

". . . considering that I did that within a minute not caring."  

"Shame.....you must be some poor soul who’s never seen the light of day or a chick for that matter."

Are you saying he's never seen a chick?  Or that if he's not a poor soul who's never seen the light of day, he must be a chick?  'Cause the second one comes off pretty misogynistic.  (Go ahead, look it up.  I'll wait.)  Seriously, you don't know it but you are embarrassing yourself - not so much for what you wrote, or the errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation, but for the arrogance.  (And for the record, I've not only seen a chick, I've married one.)

You first said, "You have to admit that’s the best it could possibly get."  So, the best Watchmen sequel that could possibly be filmed or printed would be something that you came up with in a minute, not caring?   (By the way, I just galls me that so many people on the Internet use this excuse.  If an idea is worth sharing or expressing, it's worth writing it clearly enough to be understood by readers.  Words have meaning.  Misspelled words, punctuation errors and poor grammar also have meaning.  They mean you don't care enough about your own ideas to convey them properly, or they mean you are an uneducated, inarticulate boob.)

Does that tell us what a creative genius you are: that your throw-away ideas are better than anything that could possibly be produced by all the creative types in Hollywood or the comic book industry?  Or is it an indictment of the idea of a sequel: that the best it could possibly be is something that some anonymous poster on a comic book message board could spew from the tips of his fingers in less than a minute?  If that's the case, that would make what you wrote a very clever, biting bit of satire.  Hey,  MysterioMaximus.  You may have to re-evalutate this budding Mark Twain.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dondasch

No Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons tandem = not a chance for me.  Besides, Watchmen stands on its own as a singular project and no need to have sequels or prequels.

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @CaptObtuse said:
    "@m_man360 said:

". . . considering that I did that within a minute not caring."  

"Shame.....you must be some poor soul who’s never seen the light of day or a chick for that matter."

Are you saying he's never seen a chick?  Or that if he's not a poor soul who's never seen the light of day, he must be a chick?  'Cause the second one comes off pretty misogynistic.  (Go ahead, look it up.  I'll wait.)  Seriously, you don't know it but you are embarrassing yourself - not so much for what you wrote, or the errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation, but for the arrogance.  (And for the record, I've not only seen a chick, I've married one.)

You first said, "You have to admit that’s the best it could possibly get."  So, the best Watchmen sequel that could possibly be filmed or printed would be something that you came up with in a minute, not caring?   (By the way, I just galls me that so many people on the Internet use this excuse.  If an idea is worth sharing or expressing, it's worth writing it clearly enough to be understood by readers.  Words have meaning.  Misspelled words, punctuation errors and poor grammar also have meaning.  They mean you don't care enough about your own ideas to convey them properly, or they mean you are an uneducated, inarticulate boob.)

Does that tell us what a creative genius you are: that your throw-away ideas are better than anything that could possibly be produced by all the creative types in Hollywood or the comic book industry?  Or is it an indictment of the idea of a sequel: that the best it could possibly be is something that some anonymous poster on a comic book message board could spew from the tips of his fingers in less than a minute?  If that's the case, that would make what you wrote a very clever, biting bit of satire.  Hey,  MysterioMaximus.  You may have to re-evalutate this budding Mark Twain. "

Hah! Thanks for jumping in; I definitely appreciate some more people calling this one out. I was just floored by his post. The bad attitude and overall insulting nature he brought with merely his original entry truly floored my jaw. I just couldn't stay my tongue, I’ve got a big mouth, but considering his boasts seem to comically conflict with his grammar, I knew it would be impossible for me to not weigh in. He can’t even spell main characters names. That speaks volumes toward his undeniably “better then can ever be” Watchmen sequel.

I’m kind of having a bit of fun just imagine what the notoriously cynical Alan Moore would say to this guy. We’re tame comparatively. I’m pretty sure Moore would have this joke contemplating suicide.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Enough of the internet tough guy routine guys.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @inferiorego said:
    " Enough of the internet tough guy routine guys. "
    I quoted myself to emphasize the point
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Moomin123

The first Watchmen movie was awesome, I'd be ready to see a sequel. Even if Rorschach and Comedian are dead.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Moomin123 said:
    " The first Watchmen movie was awesome, I'd be ready to see a sequel. Even if Rorschach and Comedian are dead. "
    Just to let you know, it won't be a movie, it would be a comic.
    dr.x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 16

#72  Edited By dr.x

I'm  Looking Forward to it  and can not wait 

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By extrememage

i dunno, i would read it to see if it was any good but i doubt it
    jdeluca2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jdeluca2

One of my favorite stories. After I finished reading it the first time was a bit sad, knowing there was no sequel I knew I would never read anything with these characters again. Without Alan Moore or Dave Gibbons I wouldn't wanna read it. They know the characters better than anyone. 

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By King_Saturn
    lmao @ the whole internet tough guy talk... 
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol. awesome flame war. actually made my own abrasiveness look weak.

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "lol. awesome flame war. actually made my own abrasiveness look weak. "

Hah! Thank you, thank you.
    NightTarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By NightTarget

NOOOOOOOOO

RATZGobbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#79  Edited By RATZGobbler

Today's writers are mostly grave diggers aren't they? The A-Team, Conan, even the beloved Prisoner is being frankensteined in an attempt to GET MONEY. I don't mind a little nostalgia but what I want to feel is an uncertain future of creativity. Simply revamping and old classic series just shows how stupid most writers have become. Look at Joss Whedon, his works, Buffy, Firefly, Dr. Horrible, all great, enjoyable and above all original. Every month feels like a theme with vampires and zombies, what's next lizardmen!?

Penance333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Penance333

Moore's not going to do anything about it, because he doesn't want to have anything to do with it. 

I'm really not sure where I stand on this.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By G'bandit

Rorschach is gone, Nite-Owl already got laid, Manhattan left, Comedian is dead, that girl knows Comedian is her father, there's world peace, Adrian is forgiven..

All the mysteries were solved, there is no story worth telling................ Really let it be a classic, please.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#82  Edited By ninjadude853

unless moore is writing, i refuse to read it

or accept it as canon

Adrenelad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Adrenelad

I just want to know if Rorschach is really dead or not. 

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By ReverseNegative

No Rorschach? It will suck.
    jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#85  Edited By jumpstart55

haha pimp slap. 

I Am Godzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By I Am Godzilla

They shouldn't  make a Watchman 2 without Moore

Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Tony Rogers

i wouldn't mind that if....

Rorschach comes back to life and kicks dr manhattan ass for killing him

AWESOME PICTURE

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#88  Edited By Supreme Marvel

NOOOOOOO!!! Leave it alone!!!!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ARMIV

I know one thing: Alan Moore is gonna have a fiiiiiit....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.