There was no such team called the Watchmen

#1 Posted by Agent Paradox 9 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

The original team was called the Minutemen and the second generation were called the Crimebusters.

Should there be two separate team pages for those teams, then?

#2 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Who doesn't watch the Watchmen?

#3 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

but the watchmen could be refering to the superhero, asSuperkitty hinted at, they were refered to as that.

#4 Posted by Agent Paradox 9 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

No, this is a team page, so the teams are the Minutemen and the Crimebusters.

The book is called the Watchmen..not any team or group of characters.

#5 Posted by AztekTheLost (370 posts) - - Show Bio

just wondering if this was true...

#6 Edited by paranormal (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Watchmen is just the name of the Graphic Novel.
Even though Rorschach, Nite Owl, Silk Spectre and Doctor Manhattan team-up to defeat Ozymandias they don't have any name

#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this suggestion completely dead?  I think it's worth considering.  I like the idea of splitting into the teams that actually occurred in the book.

#8 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I think someone did this a long time ago because they were trying to separate them from normal comic book universes or something, or they just never read it

#9 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that there is a movie coming up, it would seem prudent to update this page as people might come here looking for info on the book.

#10 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Given that there is a movie coming up, it would seem prudent to update this page as people might come here looking for info on the book."
yeah, lol, more logic than Ive got
#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering, since the last trailer seems to reveal that they are now called the Watchmen, should the name be left in case that non-comic readers check it? or should the comic name have more importance?

#12 Posted by Obscure Reference (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Zack Snyder says Watchmen is being used as a symbolic name rather than a team name, so the trailer is edited and misleading.

#13 Posted by G-Man (29418 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I had addressed this somewhere.  Maybe it was in a pm with someone.  The separate team pages could be made but the Watchman team page will stay.  I'm making an exception in this case.  As mentioned above, new readers would most likely search WATCHMEN as a team.  I envision that page as the HUB for all things Watchmen.  The page can be beefed up and point to the actual team pages, etc.  I want this page to be the super page containing all the info about the comic, movie, etc.

Staff
#14 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"I thought I had addressed this somewhere.  Maybe it was in a pm with someone.  The separate team pages could be made but the Watchman team page will stay.  I'm making an exception in this case.  As mentioned above, new readers would most likely search WATCHMEN as a team.  I envision that page as the HUB for all things Watchmen.  The page can be beefed up and point to the actual team pages, etc.  I want this page to be the super page containing all the info about the comic, movie, etc."
it was in another thread in the watchmen forum

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.