Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

School's In Sessions: The Science Of Watchmen

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Here's something different.  We've seen a bunch of trailers and such for Watchmen.   A Physics Professor James Kakalios from the University of Minnesota was brought in as a science consultant.  He discusses some of the different aspects in Watchmen and whether or not the physics are possible.

Take notes. There'll be a quiz later.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Precise

That's actually kind of interesting,

Also i agree with that professor, if you explain physics in a way the students can relate to as he does with super heroes, aka Doc Manhattan, they are more willing to listen and actually make an attempt to understand it.

Black L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Black L.A.M.P.

Yawn its boring hey G-Man you should go on youtube type in Stan lee talks about spiderman 4 its very cool check it out and post it on here of course its about stan talking about spiderman 4 you will like it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    Ah Ha... very nice.

I am loving all this ComicVine coverage of The Watchmen by G-Man
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Precise said:
    "That's actually kind of interesting,

Also i agree with that professor, if you explain physics in a way the students can relate to as he does with super heroes, aka Doc Manhattan, they are more willing to listen and actually make an attempt to understand it.
    "
    I haven't got to watch the video yet, there's people in my office, but I read a book a few years back called, "The Science of Harry Potter". I'm not a big Potter fan, but they took the magic of Harry Potter and used Physicists to explain how science could actually do these things... It was awesome.
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Precise
    inferiorego said:
    "I haven't got to watch the video yet, there's people in my office, but I read a book a few years back called, "The Science of Harry Potter". I'm not a big Potter fan, but they took the magic of Harry Potter and used Physicists to explain how science could actually do these things... It was awesome."
    That's pretty much what he did in this vid, except about Manhattan instead of Potter. If they did that in my school i would actually have paid attention!
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

There's also the book, "The Science Of Superheroes."  Not bad.  Some weak parts but fairly interesting.

No Caption Provided

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Media_Master

cool

nice book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.