Why is Giant Wasp so unlucky?

#1 Posted by Hysteria (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I've noticed that most of the time when Wasp grows to giant size bad things seem to happen to her. There have been a couple of times when she's grown and nothing serious happens. But the majority of the time she's either been unlucky or accident prone. Here's a list for you.

1. Marvel Feature 6- Wasp grows to giant size for the first time and hits her head on the ceiling and knocks herself out.

2. Avengers 380-382- A giant wasp goes on a rampage through the city causing a lot of destruction.

3. Avengers (Vol 3) 78, 79- Wasp grows to giant size to stop the wreckering crew. But during the battle she accidentally damages a couple of buildings.

4. Avengers (Vol 3) 80, 81- Wasp grows to stop the wrecking Crew from stealin a Quinjet. But her growth destroys part of the Avengers mansion and landing the Quinjet on a small town also partially destroyed,

5. Mighty Avengers 8- Wasp grows to fight against the symbiote infected citizens of New York. But during the battle she gets infected herself turning into a giantCarnage Symbiote.

6. Secret Invasion 7,8- Wasp becomes a bio-bomb and grows to giant size before Thor is forced to teleport her into another dimension before she exploded.

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, I love Wasp...

#3 Posted by LordTerminal (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Marvel is run by a-holes who can't write her as a decent character and are pretty much want to destroy her existence in Marvel history. That's why her death hasn't been retconned yet despite the fact it was blatant senseless shock value written by a hackneyed excuse for a writer that no one in the company will just fire already!

Yeah sorry but I get a little sensitive about this topic.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she initially couldn't do it and when Pym gave her the ability to do it, it was late in the game and she isn't experienced in their use.

#5 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ this list.

#6 Posted by Hysteria (223 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they do bring back Wasp will she be stuck at Giant size for a while?

#7 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Because she initially couldn't do it and when Pym gave her the ability to do it, it was late in the game and she isn't experienced in their use.

Agreed. The list doesn't really scream "unlucky," it says "unpracticed." Probably that's something they wanted to maintain because if Wasp became super-proficient with giant sized powers, she wouldn't be "Wasp" anymore.

#8 Posted by Hysteria (223 posts) - - Show Bio

If she was super proficient with her growing powers maybe they'll introduce someone else to be the new Wasp. Kind of like when Hank Pym stopped being Ant-Man and became Giant-Man/Goliath/Yellowjacket there was a new Ant-Man later on to replace the code name as such.

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

Because when she grows to super-size she's a much bigger target and therefore much easier to hit/hurt.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Because when she grows to super-size she's a much bigger target and therefore much easier to hit/hurt.

And because she has a big butt. Much, much, much bigger.

#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@PowerHerc said:

I don't think that this gives her much trouble necessarily, lol

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@PowerHerc said:

@PowerHerc said:

It probably doesn't, but she might have a complex about it's size; a lot of women do. Lol.

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@mr.obvious said:

@PowerHerc said:

@PowerHerc said:

It probably doesn't, but she might have a complex about it's size; a lot of women do. Lol.

SO true. And hopefully her big booty doesn't attract the attention of horny supervillains like say the Wrecking Crew :P At least she'll still beat their butts anyway... ;D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.