The Warth wiki last edited by Butterguy on 01/07/14 12:24PM
View full history
- Status: Active
- Space Sector: 2
- GLC Partner(s): Hannu
- Homeworld: unrevealed
- Predecessor: none
- Successor: n/a
Warth is from Sector 2. He is the second person to be initiated into the Blue Lantern Corps. Each Blue Lantern is chosen by the Blue Lantern of the previous sector and brought to the founders of the Blue Lantern Corps, Ganthet and Sayd, to be evaluated. Ganthet and Sayd, former Guardians of the Universe, teach the new recruit the ways of the corps and judge whether that person is worthy of becoming a member of their Corps. Warth was brought to Odym, home planet of the Blue Lantern Corps, by its first member, Saint Bro'Dee Walker of Sector 0001. Warth spent several days with the Guardians while they evaluated and judged him for themselves. They explained to him what it truly means to be a Blue Lantern and join their cause. As is Blue Lantern protocol, Warth would go on to select Brother Hynn to be the Blue Lantern of his own sector of space and bring hope to it's inhabitants.
In order to become a Blue Lantern, one must be willing to give of themselves completely to the universe. Unlike other corps, their blue ring does not need to be charged and doesn't run out of power. It is fueled directly by the hope of the people they seek out to help and save. Warth was convinced that their actions were worth the sacrifice. He chose to join the Blue Lanterns and was sent with Saint Walker and Hal Jordan to rescue Sinestro. As they passed a planet on the way, it's sun prepared to go supernova. Jordan attempted to call for backup but was unable because of the interference of Warth and Saint's rings. It proved unnecessary as Warth and Saint joined together to use their powers on the sun, reversing its age until it was once more a young vital blue star. Warth listened as Saint explained to Jordan Ganthet's ultimate purpose for him, to lead the Blue Lantern Corps. They then continued on their journey to rescue Sinestro.
- Control over hope: The user has control over hope
- Cancel out the effects of the red power ring: If worn, the user will be freed of the red power ring's control
- Recharge a green lantern power ring: The wearer can recharge a green lantern ring to twice of its maximum power
- Discharge a Sinestro lantern power ring
- Needs a green lantern power ring:Without a green lantern power ring, the user can only fly around and they cannot tap into and access the power of the blue power ring.
- Brother Warth has similar physical attributes to the Hindu god of knowledge, Ganesha, who might also be seen as an avatar of hope.