watered down

#1 Posted by Speedfreak (553 posts) - - Show Bio

james proudstar is one of my favorite characters in the x-world, but writers seem eager to screw up his character making him a mere killer what do u guys think???

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84546 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

#3 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

same here

#4 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath is a loser, simple as that

#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Add it to the list of mutants they keep screwing up.

#6 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Warpath is a loser, simple as that"

HanH?

#7 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Warpath is a loser, simple as that"

HanH?"

What?

#8 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Why is he a loser?"

I have declared it and it is so

#9 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is he a loser?

#10 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84546 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Why is he a loser?"

I have declared it and it is so"

LMFAO. The original got killed on his first mission. What a smhuck :P

#11 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah thats right. What was I thinking? Forgive me :)

#12 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Why is he a loser?"

Can't argue with that.

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath is awesome, go choke on a banana.

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84546 posts) - - Show Bio

His brother gets mentioned in the up-coming X-Force issue.

#15 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath is a good character. He has potential but no writer has taken the time to really focus on him. His history alone is interesting.

#16 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like he forgot he could fly.

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I read that the flight thing was scrapped because it didn't make sense. I think that was a good idea. I remember wanting to know what his strength level was because I was getting various numbers from different sources, but him smacking down a sentinel is making me think that the higher numbers were right.

#18 Posted by DarkIon (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Has it ever been determined how strong Warpath is?

#19 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

DarkIon says:

"Has it ever been determined how strong Warpath is? "

Strength level: Hecka

#20 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Speedfreak says:

"james proudstar is one of my favorite characters in the x-world, but writers seem eager to screw up his character making him a mere killer what do u guys think???"

yeah that sux but thats the writers whant from him

#21 Posted by James Proudstar (103 posts) - - Show Bio

i like him best in x-force #60 - #100, where he was more peaceful and in touch with who he was.... but at least he's not in character limbo

#22 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

forget the flight thing i thought it was stupid but i love warpath is cool. I think he is stronger than colossus.

#23 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath rules! One of my favourite characters! He rules as a killer too!

#24 Posted by HellionVulcan (3625 posts) - - Show Bio
Omega Mega Man said:
"

forget the flight thing i thought it was stupid but i love warpath is cool. I think he is stronger than colossus.

"
No Just no Colossus is the x-men strongest then rogue then guido then warpath but i think he will have hes time to shine as he is & can be a beast .. .
#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
HellionVulcan said:
"Omega Mega Man said:
"

"
No Just no Colossus is the x-men strongest then rogue then guido then warpath but i think he will have hes time to shine as he is & can be a beast .. .
"
I have trouble reading your sentence.  And my grammar is fairly bad.
#26 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio
HellionVulcan said:
"Omega Mega Man said:
"

"

Rogue doesn't even have super-strength anymore.
Strong Guy was never an X-Man.
#27 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Warpath may be slightly stronger than Guido.

#28 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Sling Shot says:
"Why is he a loser?"

LMFAO. The original got killed on his first mission. What a smhuck :P

"

Um, Warpath didn't get killed on his first mission. That was his brother, thunderbird, and it was on the second mission. And besides, we went out heroically anyway.

fesak said:
"HellionVulcan said:
"Omega Mega Man said:
"

"

"
true, strong guy wasn't an official x-man, but he was x-factor, which was originally a division of the x-men. but that has nothing to do with the fact that colossus is stronger than him, does it.

Oh, and Warpath does rule and will have his time to shine.
#29 Posted by Nezhno (39 posts) - - Show Bio

you know his powers really make no sense he's invulnerable which means he's impervious to harm but he has a healing so how does he heal if can't be harmed .

#30 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

"Invulnerable" gets thrown around a lot. It rarely means that someone is truly impervious to all kinds of harm.

#31 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"HellionVulcan said:
"Omega Mega Man said:
"

"

"
I think Guido was an X-men before, along with Maddox, Forge, and a few others. It was right before the whole Muir Island Saga. It was somewhere around X-men 270. And when X-force first came out Juggernaut compared warpath to Colossus saying that he reminded him of him when he was fighting him one on one. And Cable used to say Warpath just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Who's to say he's stopped getting stronger. I think people rank him lower than he actually is because the writers and artists can't decide what weight they want him to be. He gains and loses weight fater than anyone in comics. I understand that he's had some awesome teachers in his past(Cable, Domino, Pete Wisdom), I would love to see him step up and train Elixir and some of the other kids some of the things he learned.
#32 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, in this particular context it just means that he's really tough.

#33 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, for Warpath invulnerable just means that he's really tough. Tough enought to indirectly take a lightning bolt from storm.

#34 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
Ripcord said:
I understand that he's had some awesome teachers in his past(Cable, Domino, Pete Wisdom), I would love to see him step up and train Elixir and some of the other kids some of the things he learned.
That would be cool.
#35 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
""Invulnerable" gets thrown around a lot. It rarely means that someone is truly impervious to all kinds of harm.
"
yeah, they said Hancock was invulnerable...pfft, invulnerable people dont get stabbed in the back of the neck and subsequently almost die from it
#36 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

I really would like a limited-series for him, Wolverine had so many why not so for Warpath and then also give some leadership last time I check Caliban even sacrifice his life to save his and that must be one of those insane writers most at least like him somewhat orther wise hate Caliban totally

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

He's better in X-Force.

#38 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred him in Cable's X-Force. I like X-Force as a book, it's got a lot going on story-wise, but the character development needs work, IMO.

#39 Posted by PowerHerc (81637 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
"

Warpath is a loser, simple as that

"

Nope, you got him wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.