Warpath?

#1 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

What is up with him these days? last I seen of him was in necrosha? is he sitll an Xman?
#2 Posted by SC (11952 posts) - - Show Bio

He should still be (an X-Man), its not quite the same, but he should be showing up in Age of X. He even had his own mini write up by Carey in one of those CBR features.  
 
I do really hope that him and Domino land somewhere. Maybe a few appearances in Uncanny X-Force? 

Moderator
#3 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I recal a team shot that included him recently. If I see it again I'l post it here. I think he made an appearance in serve and protect three.  
 
Basically he is still around but no longer in the spotlight.  
#4 Posted by SC (11952 posts) - - Show Bio

Which sucks, cause if there is anyone that deserves the spotlight, its X-Men's resident badass (yeah you go cut hair in your Dance Club Wolverine and listen to your favorite song, we'll go with the guy who makes Jimmy from Predator look like a boy scout and the guy that glides onto Demon Bears and saves them)

Moderator
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Warpath, I'm glad he isn't being used at the moment.  He's been sleeping with a cat, was nearly sacrified for Selene, had to save his brother's soul and struggled to cope with the murders he committed in the name of mutantkind... 
 
It's not been an easy few years for him.  So he deserves a little downtime.  And hopefully some decent writer will give him an easy going story that isn't filled with tragedy, angst, trauma & inter-species bestiality.

Moderator
#6 Posted by SC (11952 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"inter-species bestiality."
 
Awwh, not a fan of Hepzibah? 
 
Bless her furry white tale, I wonder if she is still in her apartment shouting at the phone.  
 
I get what your saying too, nyeh, he just had such great momentum building up. I think I still prefer K&Y X-Force over current Uncanny X-Force...
Moderator
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
"Which sucks, cause if there is anyone that deserves the spotlight, its X-Men's resident badass (yeah you go cut hair in your Dance Club Wolverine and listen to your favorite song, we'll go with the guy who makes Jimmy from Predator look like a boy scout and the guy that glides onto Demon Bears and saves them) "

Oh, Hell Yeah!
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Nope, no love for her.  She jumped from Corsair's bed to Warpath's too quickly.  I understand how artistic interpretation transformed her from a skunk-girl to a cat-girl, but mroe & more just jsut became a muscular porn star with fur.  And considering that years were spent on making Warpath a gentle & calmer soul, he then shacked up with the sex kitten who lives to kill.  It just doesn't make sense. 
 
But it didn't make sense that an alien who has lived, worked & fixed an intergalactic spaceship would struggle to use a mobile phone :p 
 
Personally, I'd like to see Warpath pay a visit to Teresa in New York.  Just some quiet scenes of two friends getting back together after a long time.  Maybe him apologising for not being in touch sooner, considering all she's been through.  Nothing romantic, just friends.
Moderator
#9 Posted by SC (11952 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @SC said:
"Which sucks, cause if there is anyone that deserves the spotlight, its X-Men's resident badass (yeah you go cut hair in your Dance Club Wolverine and listen to your favorite song, we'll go with the guy who makes Jimmy from Predator look like a boy scout and the guy that glides onto Demon Bears and saves them) "
Oh, Hell Yeah! "
 
Oh, so your a fan of Warpath and Hercules. I must say man, your choice in characters is truly exceptional. If your choice in characters is exceptional, and I like the characters you like? Hey, it means my choice in characters is exceptional too. All round win. lol 
 
@xerox-kitty said:
" @SC: Nope, no love for her.  She jumped from Corsair's bed to Warpath's too quickly.  I understand how artistic interpretation transformed her from a skunk-girl to a cat-girl, but mroe & more just jsut became a muscular porn star with fur.  And considering that years were spent on making Warpath a gentle & calmer soul, he then shacked up with the sex kitten who lives to kill.  It just doesn't make sense.  But it didn't make sense that an alien who has lived, worked & fixed an intergalactic spaceship would struggle to use a mobile phone :p  Personally, I'd like to see Warpath pay a visit to Teresa in New York.  Just some quiet scenes of two friends getting back together after a long time.  Maybe him apologising for not being in touch sooner, considering all she's been through.  Nothing romantic, just friends. "
 
Oh I see. Technically I am not a fan of their relationship, more specifically how they ended up together, I was fond of Hepzibah though, and wished they used her. i think they could have just went the friends route and let James help her discover her new surroundings a little bit. Would have allowed his gentler side to come though more organically.  
 
Great idea, with Siryn, it is a shame that X-Books still aren't willing to address so many close friendships from years past and we're just suppose to assume those phone calls and moments happen off panel. That was one of the best parts of original X-Force. 
Moderator
#10 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they'd just put him on the Avengers where he'd get a bigger role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.