Follow

Warpath

Character » Warpath appears in 2293 issues.

James Proudstar, known as Warpath, is a mutant of Apache descent who has been affiliated with many X-Teams over the years starting with the Hellions.

Is he still watered down?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

Is he still unable to fly and has reduced strength and speed or did the high evolutionary restore his powers?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

In X-Force Kyle & Yost wrote him that he could fly... but that he doesn't like to; he's self aware that he's not a graceful flier like Angel or any of the various telekinetics. So when he rushed towards Stryfe, there's the hint that he was actually flying, not just running at high speed.

I don't know if other writers have since written him in the same way. His brief cameo in X-Men Legacy was funny, but too short to demonstrate any major power changes (but it was fun seeing him knock the F--- out of Korvus with one punch ;) and I've not been able to bring myself to actually read the recent Victor Gischler adjectiveless X-Men story as the first few pages of pure crap appalled me too much. I suspect he may have written him only as 'super strength', as that was written underneath his name in the intro-page.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

Thanks Xerox.

Is there any more information now? It seems like he is just mildly strong, durable, and fast. I wish they would boost him up a bit and take off Colossus from X-men. I like Colossus more than Warpath but i would like them to establish him again as an X-men heavy hitter.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

has anyone heard that warpath will be leaving the X-men title?

Shutdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Shutdown

No, I would say that would suck but he doesn't get much exposure anyway. I wish he would join X-Force. He seemed to fit in really well with a black-ops squad and he had quite a lot of exposure. I would LOVE to see Remender's take of James.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

@Shutdown said:

No, I would say that would suck but he doesn't get much exposure anyway. I wish he would join X-Force. He seemed to fit in really well with a black-ops squad and he had quite a lot of exposure. I would LOVE to see Remender's take of James.

I would really enjoy seeing him back on X-Force again

Shutdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shutdown

It suited him really well and I liked how he was basically the powerhouse of the team. I loved his tenure on X-Force and would like to see him back as it's also be good for the team to have a powerhouse. Otherwise it's just a bunch of assassins, which I get the fact that they're black-ops but some of the stuff they've been doing (Dark Angel Saga) isn't so much stealthy as hush-hush.

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Demonturtle

I agree.put him back on X-Force!

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz
    Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Purgy

@Kallarkz: I agree this whole AvX is just getting out of hand. Warpath like Gambit could have give Cap more than he can chew.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Purgy: @Kallarkz: Captain America has a plot sheild as strong as his shield.. well his shield might be his plot shield (maybe that's why everyone gets one shotted by it)

my point is Captain America is written beat alot of people that should stomp him to the ground.. like when gambit blew up his cloths & there was no damage.. gambits explosions can snap trees but cant damage cap's skin? Come on now lol

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

@Kallarkz said:

I like Colossus more than Warpath but i would like them to establish him again as an X-men heavy hitter.

I agree.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like the "watered down" warpath incarnation better than all of them. He seems more fierce and a more believable and competent soldier with a not to high super strength, speed, reflexes, senses m durability and ability to leap . I always loved the short lived thunderbird and although he didnt last long, i was always intrigue with what a writer would be able to do with someone with the apache background and that power set. The recent depictions of warpath, have shown me what thunderbird could have been or would have been if he survived and his abilities developed; A deadly hunter and warrior.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

No one knows. He's been M.I.A. since the previous volume of X-Men and hasn't appeared as a cameo at the JGS4HL. He's pretty much non-existent at this point. I suspect that he is because I have never seen him associated with any power beyond super-strength or enhanced durability. I didn't know he could even fly.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow yes one writer thought they needed to make warpath a more likeable character i guess by adding flight to his abilities. it was rather awkward looking if you ask me because it was still when warpath was drawn as big and muscle in size as the hulk!! It just wasnt working for me!!!!! @xerox_kitty

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It seems too that they were trying to write back in Warpaths flying ability during the end of his wolverine led x-force run

No Caption Provided

Vampire_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Warpath is better than the old "generic brick" he used to be.

Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

@shutdown said:

that would be awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.