Storm and swords?

#1 Edited by Outside_85 (8145 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

Either I am wrong, but is this Storm with a pair of swords?

http://i.newsarama.com/images/Astonishing-X-Men-48.jpg

No that is not Storm. I believe that is Warbird or something like that. It would be nice to see her rocking some swords and getting a bit of H2H action though.

#3 Posted by Outside_85 (8145 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Then I was wrong...

#4 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

Its ok, I actually thought it was Storm when I first saw the images.

#5 Posted by Outside_85 (8145 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Yeah...they look incredibly alike...not helped by Warbird being almost unknown (think Ms. Marvel is better known with that name actually).

#6 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@butterflykyss: Yeah...they look incredibly alike...not helped by Warbird being almost unknown (think Ms. Marvel is better known with that name actually).

Indeed. Yes I don't much about her. I do believe that she was recently added to Wolvie's roaster over at his academy but I could be wrong. I could also be wrong about her name as well. From what I recall I believe the character depicted in the pic you provided is Warbird.

#7 Posted by Outside_85 (8145 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

No offence but, i really don't understand how people could mistake Storm for Warbird and vice versa, IMO they look nothing alike save the skin colour. O.O

#10 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

No offence but, i really don't understand how people could mistake Storm for Warbird and vice versa, IMO they look nothing alike save the skin colour. O.O

Well I think, for some, it may be the white hair and the black hair piece. Add to this that the character Warbird is fairly new and her skin is brown, people could possibly confuse the character very easily; some may have assumed it was just a funky revamp to Storm's costume. However, I would agree if one were to not just glance at the pic and further inspect it, its pretty clean its not Storm

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (15137 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@Outside_85 said:

Its ok, I actually thought it was Storm when I first saw the images.

Me too. I thought it was her at first.

@AgeofHurricane said:

and the white hair. as for myself, i thought they just change Storm's costume that's why the first time i looked on the image, i thought it was Storm but i was also thinking that it could be somebody else because I don't think they'd change her costume right away so before I actually assumed that she is Storm, i've read the article and it wasn't her. : (

#12 Posted by Outside_85 (8145 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: White hair (granted Warbird seems to have feathers rather than hair), dark skin, white eyes (I know this only happens when Storm is using her powers), dark and slightly reflective clothing with white/gold edges, semi-impractical head-wear...added it wouldn't be totally unthinkable Storm could wield a sword or two.

#13 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Yes i can understand why people would think its Storm, especially since the character is relatively new and unknown.

#14 Posted by jhazzroucher (15137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@AgeofHurricane: White hair (granted Warbird seems to have feathers rather than hair), dark skin, white eyes (I know this only happens when Storm is using her powers), dark and slightly reflective clothing with white/gold edges, semi-impractical head-wear...added it wouldn't be totally unthinkable Storm could wield a sword or two.

true that,

@butterflykyss said:

@jhazzroucher: Yes i can understand why people would think its Storm, especially since the character is relatively new and unknown.

Yep you're right

#15 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Thanks bud! and where have you been?

#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

So technically this should be moved to the Warbird forum?

#17 Posted by butterflykyss (3914 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

So technically this should be moved to the Warbird forum?

Hmmmm not sure about that... the question was in regards to Storm, but it happened to be Warbird.. Not sure what the rules say about that.

#18 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Granted, common sense tell's you that Storm's on the Blue Team and not on the Gold Team, plus, Liu already stated who the member's of the team were. Granted, mind you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.