Follow

War of the Green Lanterns

Story arc »

Beginning with Green Lantern #64 in March 2011, the Green Lanterns will be against each other through out all the Green Lantern books. What could tear Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner apart from each other?

What are your War of the Green Lanterns predictions.

NickNitro988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NickNitro988

The more information I see when reading about the War of the Green Lanterns the more i believe that by the end of it there won't be four earthmen green lanterns.  Not because one or two of them may die but because they may all be wielding different rings.  I have read around on other forums that people can see one of the four wielding a different light, but I feel that all but one will have a different ring.  The only lantern whom i think would still have a green ring is Hal Jordan, there is far too much history behind him being a green lantern to change that.  The two most likely to switch rings are Guy Gardner and John Stewart.  I can picture Guy receiving and keeping a red ring, and John Stewart for some reason i can see him wielding a yellow ring... I don't know why.  So ComicVine what are your thoughts?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I don't think the Guardians will run the show once it's over.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
    Hal: I could actually see them sending him to the Blues for a bit to give him some change. 
    Kyle and John: It may be because i grew up with these 2 as lanterns but i couldn't see them making John who has always fought for the right cause even when he was in the military all of a sudden want to spread fear around the universe. That just doesn't go with what we have seen from him. Kyle may make some hard decision in this upcoming battle as well but i don't see him turning either. 
    Guy: Guy is one of the most annoying Lanterns from Earth to me but also one of the most dedicated. He has fought like hell on several occasions to keep his Green Lantern ring and he loves the being a part of the Corps. I can't imagine him leaving them on his own free will. 

Something indeed though will happen to how the Guardian rule th Corps. I hope they make it real interesting. And i hope they keep Sodam Yat around and give him some more face time. A real interesting character who deserves more attention. I liked to see an origin series of him after this. 

NickNitro988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NickNitro988
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By tensor

more guardians will die an we will see  one of the 4  becoming a white lantern Permanently or ever guardian becomes a guardian of there own ring

Zjd106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Zjd106
    @tensor said:
    " more guardians will die an we will see  one of the 4  becoming a white lantern Permanently "
    I didn't even think about the whole white lantern thing.   I don't think they could pull off having one be a white lantern though... WAY too much power
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " I don't think the Guardians will run the show once it's over. "
    I've been saying that since before Sinestro Corps War. The buggers always seem to make it through though.
    Zjd106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zjd106

Nah the guardians are through, they've got to be.. I just don't know what will come of them

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AtPhantom

They seemed pretty done for in Blackest Night as well. For all his focus on huge events, Johns seems quite unwilling to actually change the status quo in any meaningful way.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kallarkz
    Well a major change needs to happen to the Guardians...they DO bug. 

I say kill John and make Sodam take his place as a star Lantern. Yes i said it ;p. 
    NickNitro988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NickNitro988

Yeah John hasn't been doing much ... they made him a major person in GLC but i still think he is under used.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Kyle's dying.  
    Solicitations seem to support that.  

Hal WON'T die because of the movie, John and Guy have been basically confirmed for events following the War. 

So once more a better-than-silver-age character is getting discarded…not so happy about this. Kill John, he never does anything. Kill Hal, he's boring. But leave Kyle and Guy alone.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Primmaster64

Retcon button at the last issue

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kallarkz
    seriously?? Kyle?? wow SUPER fail mistake. 

And your right Icarus they probably wont do anything to Hal because of his movie. And I'm willing to bet DC thought that if Hal dies NOBODY will go see the film. That sucks. 

It should be John or Hal. 
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

Guardians die AGAIN.
    atom895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By atom895
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " I don't think the Guardians will run the show once it's over. "
    agreed.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By danhimself

well now I'm hoping that we find out who the First Lantern was

No Caption Provided
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Icarusflies said:
    " Kyle's dying.  Solicitations seem to support that.   Hal WON'T die because of the movie, John and Guy have been basically confirmed for events following the War.  So once more a better-than-silver-age character is getting discarded…not so happy about this. Kill John, he never does anything. Kill Hal, he's boring. But leave Kyle and Guy alone. "
    It's sorta poetic, Kyle ushered in a pseudo-golden age for the Lanterns, if his death causes the war, it makes sense to me.
    radawg82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By radawg82

I personally hope that Kyle doesn't die....I would like to see all of the Earth lanterns join different corps.  It's obvious from some of the previews that John is joining the Indigo tribe.  That's kinda weird to me.  His back story kinda makes me think he'd be a better fit as a blue lantern.  If Kyle doesn't die he should join the blue lanterns or become the first male star sapphire.  Guy should obviously be a red lantern.  That was just cool when he was in blackest night.  And Hal should go back to the green lanterns when the war is over and all is said and done.  Also I think the Guardians should sacrifice themselves at the end of the war to stop Krona and remove parralax from the battery which means the universe will need new guardians.  The new guardians should be a member of each corps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.