Follow

War of the Green Lanterns

Story arc »

Beginning with Green Lantern #64 in March 2011, the Green Lanterns will be against each other through out all the Green Lantern books. What could tear Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner apart from each other?

How does the newest arc hit you?(Open Spoilers)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

There are a few flaws in my opinion with the War.

1.) Apparently all the Green Lanterns are brain zapped, it's not much of a Civil War if it's 4 guys versus everyone else. 

2.) We haven't seen what splits the four humans yet, not even a hint, beyond the initial Stewart/Rayner fight which I don't think should count, mind control is pesky that way.  Not to mention, what a petty thing to have a civil war over!

3.) Ganthet! NOOOOOO 

4.) Can't help it but I feel they're going to kill Kyle(Prediction).

But there is more than a few things I liked with this launch:

1.) I never knew that Kyle felt like such an outcast in the Corps. I thought he'd be lionized. And thank god! Finally he addresses the loss of his girlfriends. I thought the panel with all their ghosts around him was really nice. 

2.) You already see a tinge of jealousy which is a nice change over the best human buds forever! But still not worth a Civil War.

3.) Creepy Guardians!

MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MuadDiab

The guardians bit was cool. Very Disappointed that it's not a Civil War spliting everyone, forcing them onto a side. Brain Wash seems cheap to an extent. No inclination as to why Gardner and Hal fight, unless it's the same reason as John and Kyle. Ganthnet and Aquaman need to form a talk therapy group. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

-I read the first three issues and I enjoyed them. The mind control thing does seem like a cheap route to take but I'm okay with it.

-I like the fact that the Earth born Lanterns are the ones on the run and facing the hopeless odds.

-The personal issues the Lanterns had for each other was a really nice touch.

So far, so good. Can't wait for the next issue.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

Well to answer the question, the newest arcs hit me like a smooth criminal.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

havnt read it. but now that  we all know that Hal's gone i dont really want much to do with GL anymore

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.