Follow

War of the Green Lanterns

Story arc »

Beginning with Green Lantern #64 in March 2011, the Green Lanterns will be against each other through out all the Green Lantern books. What could tear Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart and Kyle Rayner apart from each other?

Any closer to figuring out who will leave the Corps?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz
    I know everyone has been saying that Kyle will be the one to leave the Corps. For one reason or another people are also saying that with these last issues we can for sure tell who will be the person to leave.

To me it seems like John will be going despite the upcoming cover art. Death of the women he loved, a planet..and now Mogo? I think this is too much for him honestly.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

that was my thought too. Thats alot of guilt to take on. I thought it was going to eb Kyle but after seeing the August solicitations

Obviously he is alive in August

So according to the solicates for

July John and Guy are both Green Lanterns

August Kyle and Guy are both still Green Lanterns

So there are 3 also you will notice that

Green Lantern (the comic) stops after the conclusion of War of the Green Lantern's.

Honestly i would like to see at least on of the human lanterns

become part of the the guardians like Krona wants.

ganthet a while back stated it

was not Hal's time to lead the Blue Lantern Corps so maybe he will do that

Also at the beginning of War of the Green Lanterns Hal is shown restrained in front of the Guardians being blamed for the death of one of his own. Between that image and only 3 GL rings everyone thought he would be one of the GL's

and one of the other 3 would die but obviously Mogo died (not Hal's fault though). So whats with the covers all pointing the death finger at Kyle?
    KnightlyTales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By KnightlyTales

Like everyone, who can guess? Being as how DC is wiping out those heroes in love, my bet was on Kyle. Obviously by now, we know Guy wasn't the one that got the axe. Hal? Hmmm, with DC releasing Green Lantern the movie with Hal Jordan, I can't see them offing him. Maybe some other role. John, yeah, he has a LOT of baggage now and the blue light showed him that he would be reunited with Katma. Hmmm. I am certainly looking forward to what's going on. I do hope that regardless, the future of the GL series will still include some of the other color ring slingers.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz
    @KnightlyTales said:
    Like everyone, who can guess? Being as how DC is wiping out those heroes in love, my bet was on Kyle. Obviously by now, we know Guy wasn't the one that got the axe. Hal? Hmmm, with DC releasing Green Lantern the movie with Hal Jordan, I can't see them offing him. Maybe some other role. John, yeah, he has a LOT of baggage now and the blue light showed him that he would be reunited with Katma. Hmmm. I am certainly looking forward to what's going on. I do hope that regardless, the future of the GL series will still include some of the other color ring slingers.
    Well as we can now see with the future GL titles none of the Earth Lantern will be leaving the Corps. 
    John and Guy will be on the same team working across the universe 
    Hal will be the GL on the Justice LEague 
    Kyle is going to become a New Guardian 
    And now there will be a new Lantern for 2814.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.