War of Kings: Good or Bad?

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

i havent liked a single issue of it i picked up the fisrt two but could barely get thru it with out getting aggrivated knowing i actually spent money one them. Im gonna pick up the war of kings series that deals with them landing on Skaar.

What i want to know is does anyone like the war of kings issues?

Are they in the main continuity?

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really enjoying the WoK, its a good solid story that doesn't envelope the entirety of the Marvel Universe. And yes it takes place within the main continuity, it just doesn't involve Earth.

#3 Edited by DEGRAAF (8338 posts) - - Show Bio
Nova`Prime` said:
I am really enjoying the WoK, its a good solid story that doesn't envelope the entirety of the Marvel Universe. ... [more]
yea thats what i was curious about. how can this be main cont. when Skaar is already on earth and Sakaar is destroyed?
#4 Posted by Kurrent (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it so far....Im looking forward to Gladiator getting pissed about what happened to Lilandra

#5 Edited by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
i havent liked a single issue of it i picked up the fisrt two but could barely get thru it ... [more]
Don't bother with the Skaar one-shot. It's $4, and totally not worth it.
#6 Edited by John Valentine (16404 posts) - - Show Bio

Urgh... Cosmic Marvel? I only barely like the Inhumans (due to Blackbolt), and I can deal with the Shi'ar, Vulcan, and The Phoenix.
Everything else concerned in this series, and cosmic Marvel in general, is pretty much a no.

EDIT 1: Lilandra's death was pretty uninspiring too, and I hope that by the end of this arc some sort of resolution between Vulcan and Havok will be reached.
EDIT 2: Cosmic Marvel is not a patch on DC's stuff.

#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (8338 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
DEGRAAF said: i havent liked a single issue of it i picked up the fisrt two but could barely get ... [more]

no i dont like the WoK series at all, i stopped picking them up until the most recent and that is only bc Skaar is in it. once he is no longer in it i will no longer pick it up again
#8 Posted by Watch Dog (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I like WoK so far its been good and I am curious to see how it will end

#9 Posted by DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good arc

#10 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
Korg said: DEGRAAF said: i havent liked a single issue of it i picked up the fisrt two but could ... [more]
The Skaar one-shot is terrible. I recommend that you not waste four dollars on it. You learn nothing new about Skaar. In fact, he barely even appears in the issue. It is mostly about Gorgon and Starbolt.
#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7374 posts) - - Show Bio

its getting old now

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (89534 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not the best thing I read but it definitely has classic moments.

#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4172 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: The reason is probably because the Skaar issue takes place before he arrives on Earth. Its really the only reason it can be explained, because the latest issue of WoK has Crystal talking to Ronan on Hala, but in the last issue of Guardians Phyalla took her hostage.

I also didn't pick up the Skaar issue for two reasons: 1) I wasn't paying $4.00 for an issue that involves a character I am not interested in, and 2) I am not interested in Skaar or Sakaar. Now if the issue had more to do with the actual War and wasn't just a one shot, I might have picked it up, but it isn't so I won't.
#14 Posted by The Hottness (4207 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of this story arc....

it's a miss

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (8338 posts) - - Show Bio
Nova`Prime` said:
@DEGRAAF: The reason is probably because the Skaar issue takes place before he arrives on Earth. Its really the only ... [more]
yea im the opposite i dont care at all about hte WoK, i just want to know what Skaar was involved in.

well each leader says they need to go back and get the old strong power for them selves so if they do another one about that than i will by it maybe but im definitely not picking up another WoK comic.

#16 Posted by MOPEHOUND (9 posts) - - Show Bio

i've liked all the marvel cosmic stuff the last few years quite a lot actually, although this arc is my least favorite out of the last three big crossovers.  that said, i'm getting a little tired of all of these epic "fate of the universe" things.  i do really like the the in-humans how lead the kree.

#17 Posted by dancingphlower (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like it. Kingbreaker was fun for me.

#18 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon! This is events comics done right. You are silly if you don't pick this up. Looking at all of the great reviews on it and how much I like it I say its better than the Sinestro War in GL.

#19 Posted by geraldthesloth (32689 posts) - - Show Bio

WoK is good too me atleast

Cosmic Marvel..Is marvels best.

#20 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"WoK is good too me atleastCosmic Marvel..Is marvels best."

Amen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.