Why is War Machine getting the shaft?

#1 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a die hard WM and when I friend told me he was coming back I decided to jump back into comics. It was great seeing him in Avengers: Initiative for the first 2 issues but now he's never in sight! if he is there he's just getting treated like a bitch.

Am I the only one noticing it?

I'm afraid with this whole Secret Invasion they're gonna kill him off. Although I saw the cover for Avengers: Initiative #12 and WM and Iron Man are on the cover.

What's your opinions?

#2 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're racist, that's why he's in the background.

#3 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I think they're racist, that's why he's in the background."

Aw man! Why does Rhodes gotta be the token hero! I thought that's why we have Cage!?

#4 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be that War Machine is getting the love he deserves from the writer.

#5 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"It could be that War Machine is getting the love he deserves from the writer."

you mean he's not getting love right?

#6 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"War Machine is not that important of a character right now."

But then why bring him back? They brought him back for the Initiative and haven't touched him.

I'd rather see him than Pym any day.

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

See that? Colt isn't helping the racist point at all. "Not that important of a hero." Yeah, because you have the ultimate bias, hate monger. gives Colt the stink eye

#8 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, Colt.

#9 Posted by Rune (302 posts) - - Show Bio

I see him going against Tony or being the one to help tony change things for the better from what i have seen he will play a big role.

#10 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

cage is a great character... but yes marvel are good at bringing heroes back to do nothing... just like deathlok

#11 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is also black. "Marvel is the most unracist."

#12 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonny Ruckus says:

"Gottheit says:
"I think they're racist, that's why he's in the background."
Aw man! Why does Rhodes gotta be the token hero! I thought that's why we have Cage!?"

You calling Cage a token?

#13 Posted by Frisco (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Who is also black. "Marvel is the most unracist.""

Marvel has Cage, David Alleyne in New X-Men, Patriot in Young Avengers, Alex Wilder and Xavin [It usually turns into a black girl//boy] in Runaways, amongst others.

#14 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not supposed to be a race thing dammit! lol

All I'm saying is is that I'm a WM fan. I read comics because of him. I'm back because of him. and now they stopped using him for NO REASON.

#15 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're holding WM back because his costume is a carbon copy of Iron Man's, and it's just kind of boring to see two of the same costumes flying around. Same thing with Beta Ray Bill and Thor.

#16 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

really?

#17 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"You people are all on Cage's dikk like he is the only Black superhero who is active.Does Black Panther and Storm ring a bell.Cage and those two are the only ones doing anything because they are the only ones that have ever been relevant.I like War Machine but he's just a black Iron Man really."

eh? cage is leader of the new avengers which ic the only team following the true lines of being an avenger... and he's iron fists mate so i like him ;)

#18 Posted by True Venom Fan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

WM is awesome. But I like Iron Man better. But he better be active later on. Hes one of the best super heros ever.

#19 Posted by Casket (308 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm buying this

#20 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart:
Who is the amazing artist who created that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.