WHAT?!?! War Machine Series Ends

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

January brings War Machine #12, the last issue in one of the best series out there.  Too bad it has to end.   

War Machine #12
#1 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn that sucks, I missed the Iron Heat run and the current one but loved the Trade. 

#2 Posted by War Killer (20210 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the book, just didn't like Rhodey being a robot

#3 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"I liked the book, just didn't like Rhodey being a robot "

I thought it was pretty cool, but I hand't really read much of Jimmy before his change (though I know how he was Iron Man for a while).
#4 Posted by Jonny Ruckus (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah as the most hardcore fan out there if Rhodey I'm pretty depressed about this. in fact the only reason I got bacj into comics is because of him being part of the Avengers Initiative

#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

It was decent at first..it just couldn't draw me in anymore.

#6 Edited by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine is not being cancelled according to this My Cup o' Joe article from 9/25 

"However, in the case of "War Machine," much like "Runaways," we’re retooling and eventually looking to relaunch the book in a way that will garner it some extra attention and hopefully some added readers.    

I’m not at liberty to say this, with War Machine, we have some very big plans that have been put into motion, but you’ll have to wait a bit to find out what those are. What I can say is that my gut tells me you’re going to be seeing more of Jim Rhodes doing his thing, than you ever thought possible."     

#7 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC said:
"

War Machine is not being cancelled according to this My Cup o' Joe article from 9/25 

"However, in the case of "War Machine," much like "Runaways," we’re retooling and eventually looking to relaunch the book in a way that will garner it some extra attention and hopefully some added readers.    

I’m not at liberty to say this, with War Machine, we have some very big plans that have been put into motion, but you’ll have to wait a bit to find out what those are. What I can say is that my gut tells me you’re going to be seeing more of Jim Rhodes doing his thing, than you ever thought possible."     

"

oh cool i guess they'll be a new War Machine series.  I just really hope it still is being written by Greg Pak. 
#8 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

meh I checked out the first couple issues but to be honest I thought it sucked

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to keep reading it.... around when that Ultimo monster rampaged and Osborn intervened is when I stopped. I just couldn't handle anymore awful. 

The Secret Invasion story was good, and I don't mean GOOD-good, I mean like a Micheal Bay movie good. It was all visual. Then after that it got boring, the only story besides that I liked was the one where he fed that guy to polar bears.
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" meh I checked out the first couple issues but to be honest I thought it sucked "
#11 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"meh I checked out the first couple issues but to be honest I thought it sucked "

Why??
#12 Posted by Sinister Blood (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him as a cyborg he was pretty cool the way he was so driven to bring justice.  The part of it I didn't like was the magnetic locking mechanism shit where if he got blown apart he could build new armor out of tanks and cars or what ever was around.  I mean, that's pretty sweet but it kind of makes him invincible and you can always see it coming when he's about to use it.

#13 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinister Blood said:
"I liked him as a cyborg he was pretty cool the way he was so driven to bring justice.  The part of it I didn't like was the magnetic locking mechanism shit where if he got blown apart he could build new armor out of tanks and cars or what ever was around.  I mean, that's pretty sweet but it kind of makes him invincible and you can always see it coming when he's about to use it. "

I guess.  I just really liked the whole point and action and characterization of the series. 
#14 Posted by Sinister Blood (61 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah definitly, I read warmachine because armor and guns are awsome.

#15 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sinister Blood said:
"yeah definitly, I read warmachine because armor and guns are awsome. "

yup
#16 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is cancelling some of its best comics now

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

im sorry to all the war machine fans that this will offend but ive always saw war machine as a b rate iron man in line with other as i call them replacement heros like thunderstrike and us agent
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:

"
January brings War Machine #12, the last issue in one of the best series out there.  Too bad it has to end.   

War Machine #12
"

Honestly...what made anyone thing War Machine would last? 

@OhTru said:

"Marvel is cancelling some of its best comics now "

Best as in what? As in story or as in sales? Because you know Marvel will never do anything to hurt the money. 

#20 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@HaloKing343 said:
" @Omega Ray Jay said:

"Damn that sucks, I missed the Iron Heat run and the current one but loved the Trade.  "

http://unscwarriors.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/2935513-war-machine-iron-heart-review     "
nice review.  war machine is kind of like punisher and iron man all in one.  @OhTru said:
" Marvel is cancelling some of its best comics now "
like SWORD.  @joshmightbe said:
" im sorry to all the war machine fans that this will offend but ive always saw war machine as a b rate iron man in line with other as i call them replacement heros like thunderstrike and us agent " 

i disagree.  why do you think he isnt good enough on his own??  he is an original character--like i said before, his story has all the noble exciting elements of punisher with the political and sci-fi aspects of iron man.  its the best of both worlds

@Vance Astro said:
"

"

War Machine #12
"

Honestly...what made anyone thing War Machine would last? 

@OhTru said:

"Marvel is cancelling some of its best comics now "

Best as in what? As in story or as in sales? Because you know Marvel will never do anything to hurt the money. 

"

its written by greg pak who is pretty popular as well as awesome (Hercules and Hulk sell well)
And best as in story
#21 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: 
i "like" it. that being said not the "best" marvel book or even close to it.
and its sales have been in a bad way for a long time. like you mentioned Hulk.
people are going to buy their books like Hulk, Uncanny, Iron Man, ect first, which
gave it less of a chance. truthfully, i like the premise of SWORD which you mentioned, 
but do you know how many people where actually even interested in it? not enough and
while good, it wasnt good enough to keep alot of the people who were interested, definatly
not enough to shell out more much needed in todays economy pocket change for it while 
trying to afford their core titles on their pull lists. i really didnt even think WM would have lasted 
as long as it did considering how bad its sales where, but i think Marvel was confident they could
wrangle in new readers from the current Iron Man interest group. oh well. wouldnt be the first, nor
last time Rhodey has been without a series, much like many, many, second-tier characters.
i wont be surprised when the give at least another mini a go after Iron Man 2 premiers though
to try and milk it.
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon.... 
The economy sucks.If you don't move units..you're getting cancelled.It's that simple.It doesn't matter who writes it or how good the book is.
#23 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  i "like" it. that being said not the "best" marvel book or even close to it. and its sales have been in a bad way for a long time. like you mentioned Hulk. people are going to buy their books like Hulk, Uncanny, Iron Man, ect first, which gave it less of a chance. truthfully, i like the premise of SWORD which you mentioned,  but do you know how many people where actually even interested in it? not enough and while good, it wasnt good enough to keep alot of the people who were interested, definatly not enough to shell out more much needed in todays economy pocket change for it while  trying to afford their core titles on their pull lists. i really didnt even think WM would have lasted  as long as it did considering how bad its sales where, but i think Marvel was confident they could wrangle in new readers from the current Iron Man interest group. oh well. wouldnt be the first, nor last time Rhodey has been without a series, much like many, many, second-tier characters. i wont be surprised when the give at least another mini a go after Iron Man 2 premiers though to try and milk it. "
oh yeah.
and they did say they will try to give him a new series with a different angle 
but i also pointed out that at the time Greg Pak started writing Hercules he wasn't terribly popular, but he was able to fix that.  it was fairly believable he could do the same with War Machine 
And i liked the good balance of action and story in this awesome series.
i am really sad it is gone. @Vance Astro said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon.... 
The economy sucks.If you don't move units..you're getting cancelled.It's that simple.It doesn't matter who writes it or how good the book is.
"

yeah but it still is a pity that good series like SWORD and War Machine are cancelled while junk like Moon Knight is out there. 
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
yeah but it still is a pity that good series like SWORD and War Machine are cancelled while junk like Moon Knight is out there.  "
Well in all actuality I like Moon Knight better than both books right now.
#25 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
yeah but it still is a pity that good series like SWORD and War Machine are cancelled while junk like Moon Knight is out there.  "
Well in all actuality I like Moon Knight better than both books right now. "
why??
i thought it was just kinda creepy that he is worshipping a mass murdering being--and didn't last series moon knight kill an innocent??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.