Follow

War Machine

Character » War Machine appears in 1572 issues.

War Machine is a superhero originating from Marvel Comics. James "Rhodey" Rhodes is Tony Stark's personal pilot and one of the playboy's oldest friends. Rhodes also known as Rhodey has often donned the Iron Man mantle when the burden has been too much for his friend, but has also established his own identity as the War Machine and Iron Patriot.

War Machine respect thread

Knox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Knox

James Rhodes is an awesome character. This thread is for the War machine fans, for them to show their appreciation of the character. maybe post a few pics :P

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vortex13

These threads usually get locked, I don't think you're allowed to make respect threads on this site. That being said, I'm a huge fan of War Machine.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By IrishX

War Machine is cool..... 

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HaloKing343

Ha ha ha... great to see a thread in his honor. So what did you guys all think of the final arc of Greg Pak's run?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik

It seems as though the threads only get locked depending on which mod sees them. I have seen respect threads locked for no reason other than the rules and I have seen some where the mods themselves contribute to them. In any case, War Machine is awesome!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @HaloKing343 said:
    "Ha ha ha... great to see a thread in his honor. So what did you guys all think of the final arc of Greg Pak's run? "

The only part of his run that was good was the Secret Invasion tie-in(And even then, that was basically a Roland Emmerich movie) and the prequel with the part where he fed that guy to Polar Bears.  

Other than that it felt like a chore to read....
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatDance
    War Machine is cool but the vine don't do respect threads

go to kmc if you want respect
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator
    @BatDance: 

Respect threads have been done for some characters in the past. 
    You need to use the search buttn to find them.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#9  Edited By HaloKing343
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    "@HaloKing343 said:
    "Ha ha ha... great to see a thread in his honor. So what did you guys all think of the final arc of Greg Pak's run? "
    The only part of his run that was good was the Secret Invasion tie-in(And even then, that was basically a Roland Emmerich movie) and the prequel with the part where he fed that guy to Polar Bears.   Other than that it felt like a chore to read.... "

The secret invasion tie in was crap
    Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Noone301994

Durability:

Repulsors:

Strength:

Makes Colossus wipe blood from his lip.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
    deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was expecting a real respect thread smh

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@black_panther18: What's up with people referring to Rhodey as a sidekick? He was never Iron Man's sidekick., an ally, yes, but I sidekick, no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
    deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@daredevil21134: I guess people assume that way because he's Iron Man's main supporting character.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I will make my own War Machine respect thread.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@daredevil21134: I guess people assume that way because he's Iron Man's main supporting character.

That's bs. Rhodey has cleaned up Stark's messes on so many different occasions. Aside from making the War Machine armor, Stark has never really trained Rhodey in anything as far as my knowledge goes. Rhodey was his own man from day one.

I will make my own War Machine respect thread.

Tag me when you do.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@daredevil21134: Ok. But in chase I forgot you should check out blogs at my profile and find it there (when I make it) as I will make it as a blog. Just in chase I forget to tag you.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Noone1996

@oceanmaster21:

Here's a couple more:

No Caption Provided

His shields stop Valkyrie's sword from touching the armor. Dragonfang is an indestructible enchanted sword that has actually pierced Uru.

And here we see Rhodey tanking the same blast which made Red Hulk scream out in pain:

No Caption Provided

Tanks hits from Wonder Man:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He's stomped Ms. Marvel:

Tony Stark was actually injured. On doctor's orders, he wasn't to even be out of bed. He ends up flying away to get a negator pack to shut down War Machine with tech. You can see how long Carol lasts without his help.

He's also burnt and harmed Wonder Man's hand with his repulsor cannon on his shoulder:

No Caption Provided

Diandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diandaman

Hi guys new here. I'm new here anyone here who likes the Classic and the Original War Machine?

Diandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Diandaman

Here is War Machine Punching Cable Real Hard

https://goo.gl/images/vDtLGO

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Noone1996

Here are some more.

Durability:

Scan 1-2: Withstands energy blasts from Cable's futuristic laser gun; Scan 3: War Machine tanks hits from Cable. Through inner monologue, Cable states that he feels like he broke his hand punching Rhodey. Also important to note how Cable, who is from the future, is impressed by the durability of the suit and that they didn't have pollyalloys in this time period yet (which is a nod to how advanced Tony's tech is); Scan 4: War Machine is shot by an adamantium bullet and although it does pierce his armor, it absorbed most of the impact so the bullet didn't go deep; Scan 5: War Machine tanks the same piercing attack from a being which could hurt Thunderstrike; Scan 6: Tanks a punch from Thor. He even says in the dialogue that he'll prevail even if he has to wreck the armor (which he doesn't); Scan 7: Tanks a hit from Thor using Mjolnir.

Strength:

Scan 1: Takes a man's head off; Scan 2: Punches Cable in the face hard enough to make him crawl away. Cable also admits that Rhodey is clearly holding back and that he had the firepower to kill him; Scan 3: Throws a panzer tank clear across the airbase yard into another one which shatters both of them; Scan 4: Flies in and hits Thor. The impact not only sends Thor flying through a fence, but it makes him grunt out in pain.

Repulsors:

Scan 1: Blasts a hole through a man; Scan 2: Tears a tank apart like confetti; Scan 3: Repulsor cannon on his shoulder makes Thor scream out in pain; Scan 4: Knocks Thor off of a building.

Magnetism allows War Machine to catch and deflect Mjolnir with such force that the hammer hits Thor and makes him scream out in pain:

No Caption Provided

Outmaneuvers fighter pilots in jets and dodges missiles after they are fired:

No Caption Provided

Then proceeds to one-shot the planes.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Noone1996

War Machine's Weapons:

Scan 1: Showcases his missiles and guns; Scan 2: Incendiary bombs; Scan 3-4: Knockout gas.
    Scan 1: Missiles destroy watchtowers on a military base; Scan 2: Flamethrower and missile which destroys life within a 2 KM radius; Scan 3: Makes a weakened Thanos scream out in pain after blasting him (yes I know Thanos was dying here, weakened from the teleportation, etc., but he was still durable enough here to tank hits from powerhouses like Blue Marvel, Binary, Spectrum, She-Hulk, etc.); Scan 4: Accidentally launches a missile at She-Hulk which brings her to her knees leaving her struggling to speak and stand (Thanos is the one that KO'd her).

Keeps up with Living Lightning's speed:

No Caption Provided

He's as fast as lightning.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As many of you may know, Frank Castle recently acquired War Machine's old armor. To set up the feats below, I think it's important to note that he is not very skilled at using this armor:

No Caption Provided

Nameless fodder SHIELD agents are more skilled and better trained at using these suits than Frank is. Notice how this guy manages to completely outmaneuver and outskill Frank while he's in this suit. He ends up resorting to trickery and evasion because he cannot take a couple at the same time.

As expected, many superheroes were upset that Castle stole Rhodes' armor considering his death. Ms. Marvel is among the many who are angry and she confronts him first:

The fight speaks for itself. He does pretty well for himself against her despite not being quite skilled in the armor. The fight ends when he blasts Carol point blank in the face which knocks them both out of the sky. He ends up recovering first and the last scan shows his A.I. telling him she left the scene. She ends up leaving to get reinforcements.

These are the heroes she decides to get help from:

No Caption Provided

Cannonball, Spider-Man, Captain America, Tigra, Thing, Hercules, Luke Cage, Spider Woman, Falcon, and Quake.

Here is how that turns out:

Once again, does pretty well for himself despite not trying to kill any of them. He ends up evading them.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.