So Why Exactly Was Terrence Howard Replaced?

Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio
See ya, buddy
There's been speculation floating around now.  At first it was about money.  It was made to sound like he wanted more.  Everyone was quick to boo him.  Then he said that he was surprised (in an interview) when he found out he wasn't coming back. 

What "Hollywood insiders" are saying now is it was his fault...sort of.  It seems Mr. Howard was a little difficult on the set.  Whether or not that's true, it's also been mentioned that because he was one of the first actors signed, he earned more than the others, including Robert Downey, Jr.  Entertainment Weekly also reported that supposedly Favreau and his producers were "ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes."
As such, when Favreau and screenwriter Justin Theroux went to map out the sequel they found themselves minimizing Howard's story line. Once Marvel learned that Favreau was thinking of curtailing the role, the studio went to the actor's agents with a new and drastically reduced offer — a number that's similar to what supporting cast members were paid for the first movie. The agents, according to sources, were so taken aback by this new figure — estimated at somewhere between a 50 and 80 percent pay cut — that they questioned it.

There still hasn't been an official comment from Favreau or Marvel about these accusations.  I do want to see some War Machine action in the sequel.  Terrence Howard did a good job in the first but it can't be said that he made the movie the success that it was.  It's a bummer to see him go but I'm still looking forward to the sequel.
Staff
#1 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah ill be looking forward for the sequal even if Terrance isnt in it. Plus Don...freaking rocks

#2 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah he would have looked awesome as war-machine

#3 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool.
#5 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."

I know tis a joke on how several heros culture is being consider to be changed.
And Val BIH buddy
#6 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."

I know tis a joke on how several heros culture is being consider to be changed.
And Val BIH buddy"
"BIH"? Wtf does that mean?

P.S. Your sentence doesn't make sense.
#7 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."

I know tis a joke on how several heros culture is being consider to be changed.
And Val BIH buddy"
"BIH"? Wtf does that mean?

P.S. Your sentence doesn't make sense."
OK I am really sorry but your stupid.. half the time all you do is say "that doesnt make sense" 
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."

I know tis a joke on how several heros culture is being consider to be changed.
And Val BIH buddy"
"BIH"? Wtf does that mean?

P.S. Your sentence doesn't make sense."
OK I am really sorry but your stupid.. half the time all you do is say "that doesnt make sense" "
Hahaha, you boast about the number of degress you have when you can't even spell! WHAT THE F&&K IS WRONG WITH YOU, SERIOUSLY? Dude, you have an art degree: big deal.
You post sh!t in forums that DOES NOT make sense,  and most of the time people don't even know what the hell you're on about (as exemplified by your statement above).

Nice mechanism there, but I've got to ask, how can you call someone stupid when  you spell "you're" as "your", "it's" as "tis".

Hell, I've got an idea, why don't you boast about your shitty little art degree, yeah, that'll make yourself feel good and your shitty little life seem worthwhile.

You're pathetic.
#9 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."

I know tis a joke on how several heros culture is being consider to be changed.
And Val BIH buddy"
"BIH"? Wtf does that mean?

P.S. Your sentence doesn't make sense."
OK I am really sorry but your stupid.. half the time all you do is say "that doesnt make sense" "
Hahaha, you boast about the number of degress you have when you can't even spell! WHAT THE F&&K IS WRONG WITH YOU, SERIOUSLY? Dude, you have an art degree: big deal.
You post sh!t in forums that DOES NOT make sense,  and most of the time people don't even know what the hell you're on about (as exemplified by your statement above).

Nice mechanism there, but I've got to ask, how can you call someone stupid when  you spell "you're" as "your", "it's" as "tis".

Hell, I've got an idea, why don't you boast about your shitty little art degree, yeah, that'll make yourself feel good and your shitty little life seem worthwhile.

You're pathetic.
"
From mister GED himself!
and val BIH means burn in hell............
#10 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."

I know tis a joke on how several heros culture is being consider to be changed.
And Val BIH buddy"
"BIH"? Wtf does that mean?

P.S. Your sentence doesn't make sense."
OK I am really sorry but your stupid.. half the time all you do is say "that doesnt make sense" "
Hahaha, you boast about the number of degress you have when you can't even spell! WHAT THE F&&K IS WRONG WITH YOU, SERIOUSLY? Dude, you have an art degree: big deal.
You post sh!t in forums that DOES NOT make sense,  and most of the time people don't even know what the hell you're on about (as exemplified by your statement above).

Nice mechanism there, but I've got to ask, how can you call someone stupid when  you spell "you're" as "your", "it's" as "tis".

Hell, I've got an idea, why don't you boast about your shitty little art degree, yeah, that'll make yourself feel good and your shitty little life seem worthwhile.

You're pathetic.
"
From mister GED himself!
and val BIH means burn in hell............"

Great response, though someone as intellegent as yourself should have been able to create something better.
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."
Why bother even responding to him..every time you do it's going to turn into what you see above.None of his posts are serious or relevant so you might as well ignore him for now on.
Moderator
#12 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
"speedlgt said:
"cause there looking for a white guy....ya know how the comic to movies thing is now the culture of the hero changes to another!"

What the hell are you on about? They've chosen Don Cheadle you fool."
Why bother even responding to him..every time you do it's going to turn into what you see above.None of his posts are serious or relevant so you might as well ignore him for now on."
It's fun, like poking a retarded bull.
#13 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Val so ya like to poke BuLLs uh? wow what else are gonna share with us.........nevermind  GED I dont think we wanna know.

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"Val so ya like to poke BuLLs uh? wow what else are gonna share with us.........nevermind  GED I dont think we wanna know."
GOOD ONE!!!! F&^KING HILARIOUS!

Damn, you're fullfilling your boasts...........
#15 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

you should not cuss

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this happening?

Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.