NYCC 2012: Cosplay Mini-Doc

#1 Edited by JayDubya (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool suit! He's got some heavier bones than Tony though.

#2 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Right,

I know i'm considered a nerd by reading comics, even my wife rolls her eyes at me some times but i draw the line at cosplay. Oh and collecting toys.

But more power to you who do these things.

#3 Posted by SolthesunGod (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird the first time I played this there wasn't an ad second time there was.

This was interesting. I'm not personally interested in doing cosplay but I find cosplayers interesting. I always think it looks so painful. I also thought this was very professionally shot. I think maybe you should considering expanding this? This has Channel 4 doc all over it.

#4 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

"Cool... Cool. Cool. Cool." --Abed

#5 Posted by Lvenger (16040 posts) - - Show Bio

That suit reminded me of a suit I saw at the London Super Comic Con this year. In both cases, I commend the cosplayers who take their costumes seriously. Though you have to be eccentric to go that far! :P

#6 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Well done sir. If you had hair and you were a little darker you would be rhodes.

#7 Posted by Xanni15 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he said he loved it but that has to be a pain to wear, sweating constantly, difficult to walk, but he soldiers on for us.

#8 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I would LOVE to costly..but I don't have the much a imagination or engineering in me to do it. But I would like to think I would try to shoot for this level of coolness!

#9 Posted by Ono_Sendai (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Those armor suits have got to be the hardest costumes to make. Great job!

#10 Posted by drgnx (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice costume. "When your own family that thinks you're weird ... " LMAO!

#11 Edited by Emperormeister734 (788 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS TEARS OF JOY ART, IT IS BEAUTIFUL

#12 Posted by Crackdown (533 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH EAST COAST AVENGERS!

#13 Posted by TheBestEver (3 posts) - - Show Bio

His suit looks awesome, but I don't understand why you'd put all that effort into a costume and still leave your chin exposed. That really broke the illusion for me.

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow very intricately detailed! Absolutely love it! What a trooper in the way of cosplay!

#15 Posted by THESMOKE007 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a true honor . Thank you to Sara and the amazing crew@ ComicVine, for a great video piece.

I love cosplaying Iron Man 2.0 aka War Machine. I try to get it as close to what it looks like from the comic,so not every part will be 100% but close enough .

Thank you guys for ALL the comments and the support, that means I gave you something to talk about!!!

The best is yet to come!!!!

#16 Posted by reecesearch (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate the THOUGHT of cos-play, all of the art, imagination, and creativity that go into it, but I don't think I'd ever participate. It's like adult Halloween or a daytime costume ball and I've never done Halloween costumes and what not. That being said, I respect those, like my man here, who do a realistic job of replicating the character (within their means), not just turn themselves into a parody of the character. It takes drive to do that...especially when people WILL criticize it both outside AND inside of the genre.

#17 Posted by THESMOKE007 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@reecesearch: Thanks for your honest words.

#18 Posted by THESMOKE007 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBestEver: The one thing , I've learned is that it's not going to be exactly from the book, but it's close enough for me. The main thing is I got your attention.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I have got to learn how to make costumes O_O

#20 Posted by THESMOKE007 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: I really like my armor, it's a lot lighter and it's not hard to walk in. It's very comfortable to wear. Thanks for the support.

#21 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

C4 COMIC CON coming up here in winnipeg. Ill be taking pictures and posting some online when I can.

#22 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that is impressive.

#23 Posted by 00 Raiser (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna COSPLAY!

#24 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew a kid in college who I'm pretty sure made an awesome Iron Man costume out of papier mache. I know he did Master Chief from Halo and it is one of the best cos-play costumes I've ever seen, but I'm 99% sure he did Iron Man, too.

#25 Posted by crazyflashfan11 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

I know he said he loved it but that has to be a pain to wear, sweating constantly, difficult to walk, but he soldiers on for us.

So, as a comic fan. I thank him. For being so incredibly awesome.

#26 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome short :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.