Iron Man 2.0: Does this title's name snub War Machine?

#1 Posted by MrFantastic (248 posts) - - Show Bio

James "Rhodey" Rhodes has been around a long time in the Marvel world.  He has been an Avenger , West Coast Avenger, a Secret Avenger, and a Secret Defender.  He's paid his dues. Since the Iron Man movies, Iron Man is no more marketable than ever.  I have to say they are selling a lot more Iron Man books than ever before.  Does War Machine really need the Iron Man 2 reference to reinvigorate the War Machine tale? 

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, no. Anyone I knew was pumped over "WAR MACHINE", not "THAT BADASS IRON MAN GUY WITH MORE GUNS". I can see why they did it, though.

#3 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should have stuck with the name War Machine or just done War Machine 2.0. I dont see Rhodey having a suit better then Tony's so i dont see him as an Iron Man 2.0
#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

What if War Machine got an extremis armor?

#5 Posted by SC (12896 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll hold judgment until I see sales. On a personal level I would appreciate a War Machine book as much regardless, but too many times my fellow comic purchaser has left me dumbfounded with the logic behind their purchase buying habits. Most of the books I consider the best sell poorly as well. Marvel has more to lose than me for odd book titles, so I have to assume there is some logic to this. If the book being Iron Man 2.0 means I get to read 10 extra issues than if it was called War Machine, then I honestly won't really mind. Hell call it Wolverine 4.0 With Big Ol Guns and Stuff, and I'll be all good too if I get more actual issues. 

#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

How could Rhodey's armor get any better then what it used to be when he could absorb, adapt and create new armor, weapons and energy out materials, cercuitry, and metals around him. He was like a hero Marvel version of Cyborg Superman
#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12855 posts) - - Show Bio

I  personally think that theyre setting up Rhodey to replace Tony
#8 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

if anything it's snubbing Tony...Iron Man 2.0 is implying that he's the new and improved version of Iron Man

#9 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love War Machine and his stories, the last attempt at series for him tanked on the sales end.
This is a ploy obviously to try and wrangle in newcomers from the Iron Man movie sequel, whom most would
likely be unfamiliar with the War Machine moniker. Frankly I applaud Marvel for not giving up on Rhodey and
attempting to do whatever it takes to keep new stories coming to his fans.

#10 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

So far it's kind of boring.

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (11345 posts) - - Show Bio

its okay so far

#12 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

is it worth picking up if your not a fan and wanna check it out?

#13 Posted by PowerArmor (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I am annoyed at the lack of shoulder guns, call me shallow but those were my favorite parts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.