First Look: War Machine!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Take a first glimpse at the costume, thanks to the action figure!

When I first saw this, I was astounded by the likeness! The action figure looks exactly like Don Cheadle as War Machine, I was really impressed! While the image does not give us a whole heck of a lot of information regarding the costume in it's entirety (notice the blacked out image...it's kind of hilarious,) we do have an image of the color of his armor in addition to the likeness of his face, thanks to a preview in the latest Diamond Previews advance listings catalog, courtesy of Bleeding Cool. Is this how Don Cheadle will appear as War Machine in the Iron Man 2 film?

All I can say is, why so serious?
#1 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome look. I think I still would've prefered Terrence Howard as War Machine than Don Cheadle. But I'm sure he'll do good.
#2 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw him in the leaked footage, let me just say I almost jumped out of my seat. :D I'm really not the biggest War Machine fan but that like 5 second glimpse looked like the coolest thing to come out of a comic film since the first time we saw Web-Swinging on the big screen. 

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like RoboCop has a new partner

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8181 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
"Awesome look. I think I still would've prefered Terrence Howard as War Machine than Don Cheadle. But I'm sure he'll do good. "

right... I wish Terrence Howard would still be in the movie.... I hate it when the actor is changed
#5 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3559 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, war is a serious matter.
I at first thought this was kind of goofy, but then I realized that this is most likely without the masking segment of the armor.

It seems sort of odd that Tony would be too happy about his technology being used as a literal weapon. That was the whole premise behind the first movie. He wanted to stop making weapons, but I'm sure this will be covered in the movie.

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

That IS funny how the image is blacked out but I can understand.  I don't mind, really, I don't want to get TOO spoiled by early images and trailers of this movie.  Not big on War Machine but I have a feeling he's going to be all sorts of kick-ass in IM2.  
Oh, and really, come on guys, let's get over Howard not being in the film.   Yes, I agree, Howard was cool as beans but let's give Cheadle his shot, I think he will do great.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks terrible already.

#8 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
wow
#9 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

The designer has released images of all his designs for war machine and he looks amazing!

@Vance Astro:
Is that a joke? because how can you say that based on a small picture of a toy? You want to be a dick that badly? 
#10 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

:O
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Zombie said:
 @Vance Astro: Is that a joke? because how can you say that based on a small picture of a toy? You want to be a dick that badly?  "
1.No it's not a joke. 
2.You're the one being a dick for getting upset at someone's opinion. 
3.I can't see the body but I can see the face and it sucks... 
4.It's not about being a dick.Marvel has a history of having terrible looking action figures IMO and the face of this War Machine already leads me to believe this one is a lost cause. 
5.If you like the action figure and or think it will look good.That's you opinion.To assume someone is trying to be a d#ck for stating their opinion is childish and annoying.
#12 Posted by aboynamedart (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, that silhouette shot looks like something from Orgazmo.

#13 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the machine gun on his head with the action figure? That seems kind of dumb.

#14 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE WAR MACHINE!!! even though its a diffrent actor the whole character concept is just amazing.
@Kid_Zombie:
Love the pic dude  ^_^

#15 Posted by NightFang (10133 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks pratty good but I would have liked to see more.

#16 Posted by Misk14 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

thx got me exited for NOTHING!!

#17 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Zombie:
Yea these are some sweet designs they released of him. 

#18 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there should be more weapons.

#19 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
"Awesome look. I think I still would've prefered Terrence Howard as War Machine than Don Cheadle. But I'm sure he'll do good. "

me too.  I like both actors, but something about Howard as war machine was great in the movie.  he just comes off more like a tuff military personality then Cheadle. 
#20 Posted by Elian Allen (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHA! TAKE THAT TERRENCE HOWARD, YOU S#CK LOL 

I imagining Don calling Terrence goin' like "I gots a action figure and you don't! NA-NA NANA-NA!" :P

#21 Posted by The Symbiote Son (5 posts) - - Show Bio

i want terrance howard back, im not sure don cheadle can have the same comedic appeal.

#22 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Okaaaaay...

#23 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

all i can say is i wonder what horrors await this figure when robot chicken crew gets ahold of it!
#24 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: LOL.        %Pr
#25 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Don Cheadle is way better War M than Terrance IMO... im glad Terrance is Gone... The Nerve PAy Me More... I do the movie for a super Small Fee... i mean common U get to be a Action Figure... Ur Face on A TOY... COmmon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.