Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

why is the flash so powerful

anihush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lately ive been hearing about that the flash is super powerful like the most powerful meta in the dc universe i dont know if its just fan boy talk or what so can you guys help me out to gauge how strong he is thank you for your time

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Well, speaking of Wally he has done the following:

• Approached the speed of light to deliver an 'infinite mass' punch to a White Martian, who was punched from the US to Africa.
    • Out ran Superman with no effort
    • He has a particular ability that allows him to grant and absorb away the 'speed' of others, having sped up Aquaman, WW and Supes in JLA, absorbed the speeds of 3 other speeders to break the linear time barrier to get to Zoom, taken away all of Ineteria's to render him into a living statue, did the same with Zoom.
    • Due to the fluctuations in his powers he travelled time with his wife and kids
    • Out ran both the Black Flash and the Black Racer, which are versions of death
    anihush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: awesome that sounds like oe heck of a punch 0.0 so how do you think he would take on the martian manhunter or superman

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anihush: MM is going to be more than tricky due to him being both a telepath and can turn intangible, but finding some fire should do it. Superman can be stopped with the speed steal.

anihush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do you think you he can beat darkseid

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@anihush said:

Lately ive been hearing about that the flash is super powerful like the most powerful meta in the dc universe i dont know if its just fan boy talk or what so can you guys help me out to gauge how strong he is thank you for your time

He's not technically a meta.

I'm outside the majority in that I don't believe he could beat Supes. He could speed steal as Outside mentioned but that's not really beating him. An in character Wally can't really hurt him. And the Martian overcame his fire weakness. Pre 52 J'onn that is.

anihush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a meta sorry then what is he

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I heard that Flash can steal speed enough to basically turn someone into a statue! How does this work? Can he do it in a split-second, and to anyone (except for Reverse-Flashes)? Or does he need to concentrate in order to do it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I heard that Flash can steal speed enough to basically turn someone into a statue! How does this work? Can he do it in a split-second, and to anyone (except for Reverse-Flashes)? Or does he need to concentrate in order to do it?

Not sure if this still applies or what the context even is, but here is a scan of the Flash stealing someones speed. It appears to be instantaneous.

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beerminator1 said:

To non-speedsters it's in a split-second, but otherwise it's only when he wants to and when he makes physical contact with them.

No Caption Provided

Whenever or not it works on reverse-flash's is one thing, but as you can see, it worked just fine on Zoom.

@anihush said:

Lately ive been hearing about that the flash is super powerful like the most powerful meta in the dc universe idont know if its just fan boy talk or what so can you guys help me out to gauge how strong he is thank you for your time

He's not technically a meta.

I'm outside the majority in that I don't believe he could beat Supes. He could speed steal as Outside mentioned but that's not really beating him. An in character Wally can't really hurt him. And the Martian overcame his fire weakness. Pre 52 J'onn that is.

The infinity mass punch is sure to be felt even by Supes, and Wally did say when he used it in the early JLA issues that he could have hit the Martian a million times in the span of a second, but one was enough.

If he can beat Darkseid, well he's never managed it, mostly due to Darkseid is the one that shows up and has made some preparations for the meeting. Also there is the Omega beams that even Wally can't outrun unless he shuts off the source (which what was he and Barry had to do in Final Crisis).

Beerminator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@outside_85: Isn't that Hunter Zolomon in that pic? He really isn't a Reverse-Flash, since he is not connected to the Negative-Speed Force... But anyway, does this mean that if Doomsday, Darkseid, and Zod teamed up to kill Wally, they wouldn't stand a chance? Wally could just turn them into statues and do the infinite mass punch to all of them...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The infinity mass punch is sure to be felt even by Supes, and Wally did say when he used it in the early JLA issues that he could have hit the Martian a million times in the span of a second, but one was enough.

If he can beat Darkseid, well he's never managed it, mostly due to Darkseid is the one that shows up and has made some preparations for the meeting. Also there is the Omega beams that even Wally can't outrun unless he shuts off the source (which what was he and Barry had to do in Final Crisis).

Superman should be faster than the White Martians. He wouldn't land a million. I'd really like to see that fight. How the writers would handle it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beerminator1: Wasnt the Negative-Speedforce first introduced in Flash Rebirth or something?

@outside_85 said:

Superman should be faster than the White Martians. He wouldn't land a million. I'd really like to see that fight. How the writers would handle it.

I can't remember who wrote the issue, but after Spectre-Hal wiped the memory of everyone who knew Wally was Flash, the League wanted answers while Wally was far more interested in finding his wife (who had left him because she blamed the Flash for the death of their kids). So he and Superman raced as Wally went from place to place hoping he'd find Linda. When Superman finally mentioned he couldn't outrun him because of how close their other races had been, Wally just mentiones that they had been for charity and then leaves Superman in the dust (or water as they were crossing a body of water at the time).

Also the issue I am talking about is one of the first of Morrisons JLA and Wally gives a more detailed description of what is happening to him as he pushes into the 'speed field'. Once he did that he overtook the martian (not connected to the SF), ran a full lap of the planet before punching him, mentioning that to the martian he would look like a strobe of light... but you are right, he only say he could 'hit him a thousand times before he had a chance to blink'. :)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: If Wally was bloodlusted I'd agree with you but in character this dude has issues with the rogues here and there lol.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Outside_85

@pokeysteve: And WW has problems with the Cheetah and Giganta even though neither of them are anywhere near Diana's power-level. :)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: And WW has problems with the Cheetah and Giganta even though neither of them are anywhere near Diana's power-level. :)

Haha Cheetah is exactly near Diana's level and I don't remember her ever having trouble with Giganta when being serious.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Past stories disagree with you on Cheetah. :) Diana's matching speeds with Superman and (a generous) Flash, Barbara only ever came close to that after Zoom worked with her, and if I am not mistaken, that temporary boost is speed was taken away from her by Wally. And even then I seem to recall her not being much of a match when Diana was tracking down Genocide.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Past stories disagree with you on Cheetah. :) Diana's matching speeds with Superman and (a generous) Flash, Barbara only ever came close to that after Zoom worked with her, and if I am not mistaken, that temporary boost is speed was taken away from her by Wally. And even then I seem to recall her not being much of a match when Diana was tracking down Genocide.

Past stories vary with Cheetah. The same as any other character. Cheetah is, for the most part, written in the same league as Diana strength and speed wise. Her first post crisis appearance supports that. They ended up writing Flash to be so close to unstoppable that they needed to make him job a lot. Except with Zoom. Zoom is a great villain.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is very good in fights against most people because most people can't resist speed steel or phasing and flash is so fast that he will most likely always get the first few thousand moves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.