Why can the flash beat so many peolpe that are stronger than him?

#1 Posted by Doc_gametheory (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone explain why he cant beat them i know he is fast but hes not very strong or smart.

#2 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

This should clarify Why flash is more powerful than many other heroes

Some flash Speeds (not top speed)

Speed of thought+running speed.

500,000 people @ chongjin Base a longtime military target

Distance to safe point 35mi (round trip 70 mi)

Carries 1 sometimes 2 people at a time.

Total time per person 2^-11or .000000000001 per person required to run 70 miles.

Movement speed Approaching light speed.

Comparison: wally vs human

person top running speed 27.45 mph (.0007265 mps) so slow :(

light speed (299792458 mps)

Wally is 412559642100 times faster than a human

m=m01v2c2−−−−−√

Δt=Δt1v2c2−−−−−−√

412559642100x Δt'm1->LS 412559642100^5

Impact force = m0/SQr -(V2/E2) 412351566kg mass punch 13915X harder than a FULL power Hit from hulk traveling at 500 MPH backed by 1000LBS and 200 Ton STr

His is also moving at the speed of thought as he has to pick up people and move them safety to the other side of the river requiring concentration levels of 4-5 on the standard 1-7 MUCC

MUCC concentration level used while studying 5-6 1/6th is 1.6666667 appx or 16.667 % leaving 83.3333

412559642100x83.333

343799564100 times faster than human though

1 Flash hour is 343799564100 times more productive than a human hour (Potentially produced work)

m=m01v2c2−−−−−√

Δt=Δt1v2c2−−−−−−√

6,912 languages on earth x2000 hours Time takes to master a new language (approx) 138224000 hours to master all 1Fh=343799564100-138224000=343661340100

books

129,864,880 (books in world) avg book length 100,000 words (250 to 300) words per minute flash 275x343799564100=9.454488e+13 (Flashes PAGES Per minute)

1,2986488e+13 pages in all books

⇒Flash could Read every book, study every language watch ever movie on par FF speed in less than 1 hour!

IMAGINE THAT

http://www.proofwiki.org/wiki/Einstein's_Mass-Velocity_Equation

http://storytime.booklamp.org/2012/03/19/how-long-is-the-average-book-a-concrete-answer-to-a-longstanding-writing-faq/

http://thenextweb.com/google/2010/08/05/how-many-books-are-in-the-world-google-actually-counted/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Words_per_minute

#3 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed force. It gives Flash a bunch of ridiculous powers that make him really, really hard to beat. Some examples:

• Infinite mass punch, which in the past has allowed him to literally punch a Superman-level being out of orbit.
  • Can vibrate his molecules through solid objects.
  • Super fast thinking speed, can pretty much analyze an entire situation and formulate a solution before you're brain can even process what's happening
  • Speed force aura shields him from harm
  • Speed steal (Wally West) allows him to pretty much strip a person of all movement, leaving them like a statue.
  • Can screw up the molecules in an object and cause it to explode (forget the exact 'scientific' explanation behind that one)
  • Easily faster than light

And that's just the basics. Plus, he is pretty smart... Barry Allen is a scientist and Wally is very intelligent as well.

#4 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

What he said^

#5 Posted by zr0c00l (856 posts) - - Show Bio

its because hes way faster than them and the force he can generate from a strike is comparable to any of the heavy hitters due to his ftl speed. also some versions like wally west are really powerful. he can travel time and steal speed from anyone or anything in motion or stopped around hi,self. turning even other ftl speedsters into statues living but unable to move. plus infinite mass punch which is his strongest attack is the force of a supernova.

#6 Edited by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Doc_gametheory: ANSWER: Absolute PIS. That's why.

oh sorry edit: I thought the title said: Why can flash be beaten by so many people stronger than him. LOL

#7 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@Doc_gametheory: ANSWER: Absolute PIS. That's why.

oh sorry edit: I thought the title said: Why can flash be beaten by so many people stronger than him. LOL

Well his Rogues have weapons that are meant to fight him so yeah, it is not really PIS

#8 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: Yeah but what I meant was he is very powerful.

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, if Flash is so strong. Why is he considered second class to people like Martian Manhunter, Superman, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, ect? How come he never saves the day like them? Flash is not suppose to be as strong as people made him. I need to get to the bottom of this. It does not make sense to me how he is so powerful here, but in the comics he barely looks like that. Someone help me get to the bottom of this please.

#10 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Because having unlimited top speed and instant acceleration is alot more powerful than many people realize is the real answer to this question.

I doubt the original creators of the Flash thought about just how powerful someone with that lack of limitations would be. Makes sense the Flashes got more powerful over time as writers started realizing what they should be able to do with such small limitations on their abilites.

Gotta be sweet to be a Speed force user.

#11 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Hmm, if Flash is so strong. Why is he considered second class to people like Martian Manhunter, Superman, Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman, ect? How come he never saves the day like them? Flash is not suppose to be as strong as people made him. I need to get to the bottom of this. It does not make sense to me how he is so powerful here, but in the comics he barely looks like that. Someone help me get to the bottom of this please.

I think he is like Thor or MartianManhunter , he is supposed to be ridiculous powerful but writers tend to make him use a little part of his potential

#12 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

It just depends on if his morals are on,If he was going crazy and didn't care if he killed someone, he could run through them by vibrating and just watch them explode,because he scrambled their molecules on the the way out.Plus he can do a stuff like steal your speed leaving you motionless, a second from someone without his speed couldn't really out think him,sense he can think at close to light speed.He should be able to do much more in comics,But then again he does. He is pretty far up the dc list,but him taking on people like supes and manhunter, I don't think so.

#13 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

It's called:

• PIS
  • CIS
  • WIS
#14 Edited by Wolfrazer (6122 posts) - - Show Bio

Because apparently  if a character can speed blitz, no one can touch them thus they win the fight automatically. Which I think is kinda dumb, because then whats the point of battles then? You might just wanna ban guys with super speed all together then...or at least have a rule limiting the people with super speed, because according to what is posted on the battles "speed blitz" "speed blitz" "speed blitz" its an auto win.

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueHope said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

I think he is like Thor or MartianManhunter , he is supposed to be ridiculous powerful but writers tend to make him use a little part of his potential

I see, I don't think he was meant to be as powerful as them, There A level while he is B level or even C.

#16 Posted by tensor (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash very powerful character but like superman you have to tone him down.He would be hard to write if, flash was to use his powers to his full potential.

#17 Posted by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Franchise1590 said:

Because having unlimited top speed and instant acceleration is alot more powerful than many people realize is the real answer to this question.

I doubt the original creators of the Flash thought about just how powerful someone with that lack of limitations would be. Makes sense the Flashes got more powerful over time as writers started realizing what they should be able to do with such small limitations on their abilites.

Gotta be sweet to be a Speed force user.

On the Justice League he doesn't even look powerful though.

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

It just depends on if his morals are on,If he was going crazy and didn't care if he killed someone, he could run through them by vibrating and just watch them explode,because he scrambled their molecules on the the way out.Plus he can do a stuff like steal your speed leaving you motionless, a second from someone without his speed couldn't really out think him,sense he can think at close to light speed.He should be able to do much more in comics,But then again he does. He is pretty far up the dc list,but him taking on people like supes and manhunter, I don't think so.

Yes, I agree. I don't think he should be able to take them on either. He's B level at best.

@Wolfrazer said:

Because apparently if a character can speed blitz, no one can touch them thus they win the fight automatically. Which I think is kinda dumb, because then whats the point of battles then? You might just wanna ban guys with super speed all together then...or at least have a rule limiting the people with super speed, because according to what is posted on the battles "speed blitz" "speed blitz" "speed blitz" its an auto win.

I agree. Speed blitzing ruins the battle forums It's okay if for example if you say "Flash is more faster than Superman, so he will get more hits in, but that's not the case.

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

It's called:

• PIS
  • CIS
  • WIS

What is CIS, and WIS?

#18 Posted by benette_rivera (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor said:

Flash very powerful character but like superman you have to tone him down.He would be hard to write if, flash was to use his powers to his full potential.

this.

#19 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@BlueHope said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

I see, I don't think he was meant to be as powerful as them, There A level while he is B level or even C.

I don't mean he is in their level, I mean he is waaaaayy more powerful than he show in comics because that would make almost any enemy too easy to defeat

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueHope said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@BlueHope said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

I don't mean he is in their level, I mean he is waaaaayy more powerful than he show in comics because that would make almost any enemy too easy to defeat

Yeah, but still. Look how many times people like Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, ect have saved the league. Now compare that to Wally. Even Batman has done saved it more.

#21 Posted by Shawnbaby (10483 posts) - - Show Bio

@Doc_gametheory said:

Can someone explain why he cant beat them i know he is fast but hes not very strong or smart.

Because of Science:

Force = mass x acceleration

#22 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause Flash is just that good.

#23 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@BlueHope said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@BlueHope said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Yeah, but still. Look how many times people like Hal Jordan, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, ect have saved the league. Now compare that to Wally. Even Batman has done saved it more.

Wonder Woman and hulk save the team more than Martian and Thor, this don't define power just mean that writers can use the powers of some heroes better or they like one over the other

#24 Posted by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueHope: Hmm, I guess.

#25 Posted by Tohoma (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

@Doc_gametheory said:

#26 Posted by Dredeuced (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

If Flash can beat them, they aren't stronger than him.

#27 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

I just wanna say that Flash is A level. He's the fastest man in any universe and his power is ridiculous. A flash at full potential is very close to what WW, Supes, Thor, MM and the like. I feel like Flash never gets to be at their level because in DC no one is supposed to surpass the Holy trinity so they get more focus and get to have the "big save" more often.

A character like Flash has to be toned down in cartoons because it becomes too easy for him to solve any problem in seconds otherwise. To say Flash is "B or maybe C level" is being ignorant to his potential and his abilities.

Not trying to be hostile but wanted to explain why I felt that phrase was wrong. Writing and favoritism holds Flash back more than anything.

#28 Edited by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Franchise1590 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

I just wanna say that Flash is A level. He's the fastest man in any universe and his power is ridiculous. A flash at full potential is very close to what WW, Supes, Thor, MM and the like. I feel like Flash never gets to be at their level because in DC no one is supposed to surpass the Holy trinity so they get more focus and get to have the "big save" more often.

A character like Flash has to be toned down in cartoons because it becomes too easy for him to solve any problem in seconds otherwise. To say Flash is "B or maybe C level" is being ignorant to his potential and his abilities.

Not trying to be hostile but wanted to explain why I felt that phrase was wrong. Writing and favoritism holds Flash back more than anything.

I didn't mean Flash was B or C level. I meant in comics they treat him like that. I'm sorry if I came off like that.

#29 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: CIS is Character Induced Stupidity (I think)

and WIS is Writer Induced Stupidity

#30 Posted by New_World_Order (12646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batman242 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: CIS is Character Induced Stupidity (I think)

and WIS is Writer Induced Stupidity

Oh, thanks for the help !

#31 Posted by afueikawa (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

#32 Posted by roboadmiral (538 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Doc_gametheory said:

Because of Science:

What this guy said^. His mass might not change but acceleration is kind of the Flash's whole deal.

#33 Posted by Count Bleck (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@roboadmiral said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Doc_gametheory said:

Because of Science:

What this guy said^. His mass might not change but acceleration is kind of the Flash's whole deal.

According to relativity, his mass most certainly does change as he approaches the speed of light.

#34 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinite Mass Punch.

#35 Posted by roboadmiral (538 posts) - - Show Bio

@Count Bleck said:

@roboadmiral said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Doc_gametheory said:

Because of Science:

According to relativity, his mass most certainly does change as he approaches the speed of light.

Fair enough, but I meant during a typical fight. It usual takes some very special circumstances for Flash to encroach on the speed of light.

#36 Posted by Count Bleck (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@roboadmiral said:

@Count Bleck said:

@roboadmiral said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@Doc_gametheory said:

Because of Science:

Fair enough, but I meant during a typical fight. It usual takes some very special circumstances for Flash to encroach on the speed of light.

Did they nerf him in New 52? Because last I knew of Wally, he hit lightspeed like it was nothing.

#37 Posted by Dredeuced (5357 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 is Barry, who was always pretty weak, and is even weaker now than he was pre-52.

#38 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@afueikawa said:

This.

YES! Thank you, I was gonna look for this after that guy brought up the cartoon. They RARELY allow Flash to do anything on that show which is my ONLY real complaint I could imagine about such a respected and loved show.

But finally they gave him his due, the whole league got wrecked and Flash just solos the guy by pushing the speed force to the limit. What an epic episode!

Wally West fan for life! Barry's been great lately but grew up reading Wally.

#39 Posted by JediXMan (29705 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Flash is rarely shown displaying his full powers. It's not PIS/CIS/WIS when he wins; it's those things when he loses. That's what a lot of people don't get.

#40 Posted by JediXMan (29705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Count Bleck said:

Did they nerf him in New 52? Because last I knew of Wally, he hit lightspeed like it was nothing.

Wally hasn't been shown in the New 52. He's in comic book limbo hanging with Cassandra Cain.

Barry is the current Flash. I think I saw a scan of him subconsciously reacting at lightspeed, but I don't remember.

#41 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Just noticed the section this was in.

Not a battle, someone please move this.

#42 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Generally, speed kills. Real world examples are sports stars. Ever see a 340 pound offensive tackle try to block a 270 pound defensive end that can run the 40 in 4.5 seconds?

Same concept.

#43 Edited by Bruticus112 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple. They cant get their hands on him.

#44 Edited by MaccyD (3587 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc_gametheory: When a car is coming out of the driveway and it hits you, it slightly hurts right? When it hits you full speed it pretty much kills you. Flash is that 1000 times. Smart? He's a scientist, it's how he became Flash in first place...sounds like you don't know much about him tbh.

#45 Posted by Bruticus112 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Well ya know, super strong guys has a lot more mass than Flash.

#46 Edited by Shawnbaby (10483 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: Well ya know, super strong guys has a lot more mass than Flash.

But not the Speed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.