What is it with DC's Speedsters?

Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is faster questions:

Wally West or Barry Allen?

Hunter Zolomon or Wally West?>

Professor Zoom or Hunter Zolomon?

Doesn't make sense, if they all possess speedster force/negative speedster force, shouldn't their speeds be the same?

Like if I ate an apple that allowed me to run 100 miles per second, and someone else ate the same apple, shouldn't they be able to run the exact same speed I run? How are they slower/faster than one another?

#1 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please comment?

#2 Posted by jashro44 (21920 posts) - - Show Bio

its been less then half an hour....

#3 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

They have different levels and control of the speed force/ anti speed-force i guess.

#4 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm working on dealing with my impatience, sorry.

#5 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the speedforce, it's as stupid as the Toonforce.... i say you move along sir, nothing to see here.

#6 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't answer any of my questions about who's faster and why.

#7 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally is the fastest Flash.

Why? because he said so.

#8 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa:

Why is he the fastest? Just because it's been stated so?

And noone has still answered my who's faster questions. I've heard people say Hunter Zolomon is faster than Wally West. Does someone have scans showing how fast Hunter Zolomon is?

#9 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs said:

They have different levels and control of the speed force/ anti speed-force i guess.

This.

#10 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio
@RyuHayabusa: Was that from when Barry was dead, though?
#11 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@RyuHayabusa:

Why is he the fastest? Just because it's been stated so?

And noone has still answered my who's faster questions. I've heard people say Hunter Zolomon is faster than Wally West. Does someone have scans showing how fast Hunter Zolomon is?

Wally is fastest because he said so. You dare question ultimate Scarlet Speedster?

Zolomon isn't faster than Wally. He is not even faster than Wonder Woman.

#12 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

Justice League of America #27 or 28.

#13 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa:

If he possesses the Negative Speed Force, he's faster than Wonder Woman, and even Superman.

#14 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio
@RyuHayabusa said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

So...you don't know?
#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Hunter Zolomon's powers have nothing to do with the Negative Speed Force or whatever.

#16 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

It's comics. Hal Jordan has the same ring as all the other Green Lanterns yet he's stronger because he has more willpower.

#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: You should start posting threads in the appropriate areas.

Moving to the Flash forum.

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

It's comics. Hal Jordan has the same ring as all the other Green Lanterns yet he's stronger because he has more willpower.

That's debatable. Kyle could arguably have more willpower due to feats. Also, Kyle's ring is made to be different from other GLs.

#19 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Hunter Zolomon's powers have nothing to do with the Negative Speed Force or whatever.

My bad, I meant Professor Zoom.

#20 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

So...you don't know?

I assume he was considered dead at that time.

#21 Posted by Onemoreposter (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

No ones faster than Wally. He is the fastest man alive.

#22 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

No ones faster than Wally. He is the fastest man alive.

Isn't dc wiki inaccurate? Because it says Barry Allen is the fastest man alive.

#23 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@AweSam said:

That's debatable. Kyle could arguably have more willpower due to feats. Also, Kyle's ring is made to be different from other GLs.

Was I talking about Kyle?

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

You didn't have to mention Kyle. You said that Hal was stronger than all of the Green Lanterns, when that may not even be true, based on what I said. You also said Hal has the same ring as the other GLs, when that's false, since Kyle's ring isn't the same as his.

#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Urbs said:

#26 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Still don't get it. Wally West possesses the Speedster Force, and Professor Zoom possesses the Negative Speedster Force, so shouldn't their speed be equal?

#27 Posted by Bleeble (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I know this may come as a shock to you, but comic books don't always make sense.

#28 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

I know.

#29 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4062 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Its just saomething you learn to deal with and accept

#30 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

I Understand.

#31 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@AweSam said:

You didn't have to mention Kyle. You said that Hal was stronger than all of the Green Lanterns, when that may not even be true, based on what I said. You also said Hal has the same ring as the other GLs, when that's false, since Kyle's ring isn't the same as his.

You said it's debatable, meaning everyone has a different opinion. In my opinion, Hal's the strongest. I didn't mean his ring was the same as every single Green Lantern on the corps, just the same as pretty much everyone else.

#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

You said it's debatable, meaning everyone has a different opinion. In my opinion, Hal's the strongest. I didn't mean his ring was the same as every single Green Lantern on the corps, just the same as pretty much everyone else.

Okay. Fair enough.

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

Still don't get it. Wally West possesses the Speedster Force, and Professor Zoom possesses the Negative Speedster Force, so shouldn't their speed be equal?

Not necessarily. Professor Zoom's (Thorne) power is based on time, but not in the same way Zoom's (Zolomon) is.

#34 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, Isn't Barry the embodiment of the Speedforce or something, like didn't it come into existence when he became the flash? If that's the case then he would be the fastest right

#35 Posted by The Stegman (24480 posts) - - Show Bio

WALLY IS THE FASTEST THERE IS! RAWR!!!

#36 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, Isn't Barry the embodiment of the Speedforce or something, like didn't it come into existence when he became the flash? If that's the case then he would be the fastest right

I thought that was Wally, not Barry.

#37 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom is the fastest. Why cuz i like him best.

#38 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@BlackArmor said:

I thought that was Wally, not Barry.

No, Flahpoint revealed that the reason Zoom never time travel killed Barry is because he had to let Barry live long enough to generate enough speed force to reach the future and reach Zoom. At least I think Flashpoint says Barry basically created the speed force when he became flash

#39 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Got it.

#40 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bleeble said:

@majestic99: I know this may come as a shock to you, but comic books don't always make sense.

Ha ha, SO TRUE.

#41 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Noone answered, who's faster, professor zoom or hunter zolomon?

m99

#42 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Zolomon

#43 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@majestic99: Zolomon

Now when you say "faster," that's via time manipulation, right?

#44 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: Right.

#45 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@majestic99: Right.

Could Wally do the things Professor Zoom can if Wally mastered the full power of the speed force?

#46 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: It's possible that he can, but like it was mentioned before, none of the Flashes have yet been able to master time manipulation (for example, Barry Allen can only achieve this feat through his Cosmic Treadmill but cannot travel through time on his own).

#47 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@majestic99: It's possible that he can, but like it was mentioned before, none of the Flashes have yet been able to master time manipulation (for example, Barry Allen can only achieve this feat through his Cosmic Treadmill but cannot travel through time on his own).

So then how is it only Professor Zoom can and not the other flashes?

#48 Posted by eiderglast (65 posts) - - Show Bio

great question. with so many answers:

first: the speedster who is fastest depends on who writes the book. if it's geoff johns (who obviously prefers barry allen over wally)... the answer is barry.

even though geoff johns did write a number of issues for wally, it was never sustained.

so, first answer is whomever writes the book determines the speed of each speedster.

second: fan favorites... sometimes.. the clamor of fans affect the writing.. and who tops who gets determined by that clamor.

third: to add conflict.. sometimes, the bad guy will be faster... and by either luck or just fierce determination... the good speedster wins.

to finish, i will still say whomever practices running more is the fastest, and whomever is closer to the speed force is the best... so: it's wally for me.

#49 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (965 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Old thread. To answer: Wally, IMHO, is the fastest. If any Flash fans remember, only Wally can produce accurate, precise time travel feats without the treadmill. Dude has feats like evacuating 1/2 million people from a city before the blast can get to them. After the blast already started. He has fought two opponents on opposite sides of the earth, virtually simultaneously. Has scanned 1/2 million faces in a pico second. He has run outside the space time continuum where death ceases to exist even on a conceptual level. So, pretty much he is the fastest Flash ever.

Having said that, Zoom is even faster. Hunter's accident on the treadmill appears to have put him through a worm hole (at least that is what Jay Garrick theorizes), therefore he is always out of sync with the current time line. He doesn't have put effort into time travel....he controls the flow of time around him. That's even better. In my opinion, no one is faster than Zoom. He is absolutely the fastest character in all of comics.

Just my two cents.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.