Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Wally West's top speed (best feats)

• 111 results
    Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Devias

Does anyone know this? Of course, we all know he can exceed the speed of light with relative ease, but how far has he gone beyond that? I know he outran the Black Racer and entropy (?) but those aren't feats that you measure with. My friend said that he once went about five hundred times the light of speed, and it was stated in a panel. Can anyone verify this? If not, I'm going to read every issue of Modern Age Flash until I get something.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mgrman5

Yeah I am interested in how much past the speed of light he can go I mean I know there has been threads of this very topic but nothing really substantial evidence to support it or any actual figures. Like he can run x times the speed of light, just that he has ran faster than light.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

Barry can run fast enough to break the time barrier. No doubt that Wally could do the same.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mgrman5
    @Deranged Midget:
    Yeah that's great and all but how fast is that anyway in any number I doesn't matter if it is a really big number it can just be broken down to how many times the speed of light it is. Or just some sort of figure that indicates the feats they have performed, not just conceptual words actual figures.
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By The WeatherMan

While on Earth he usually keeps it down to like 700-800 mph at max, because of safety, but through the use of the speed force, he can achieve many times the speed of light. I've never read anything that specified how many times the speed of light.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

He's crossed the Universe in less than an instant (Flash: The Human Race).

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegreatfour
    @FadeToBlackBolt: ... Wow. I know it's a comic, but very very impressive. I mean he'd have to be able to fly or propel himself with enough force to do that
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegreatfour said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: ... Wow. I know it's a comic, but very very impressive. I mean he'd have to be able to fly or propel himself with enough force to do that "
    It took place in a parallel dimension type thing. He was able to run the whole time.
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thegreatfour
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Still the most impressive speedster feet I've heard
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegreatfour: Oh yeah, Wally is easily the fastest character in comics. Barry possibly is too, now that Geoff came along and said that anything Wally can do or has done Barry can do too >_<
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thegreatfour
    @FadeToBlackBolt: So no power or power level differences? Boo no fun. I mean They could have one with minor electrical powers with all the electricity I see flying out of their butt when they run :P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegreatfour: Barry has none of the feats Wally does, but Johns likes turning his favourites into God Mode Sues, so in future issues Barry will probably be said to be faster (rolls eyes).
    thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thegreatfour
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I repeat, butt lightning powers XP I am so respectful to your beloved characters! I kid I kid. Anyways I don't understand why he needs to do that. They have a good continuity some times why not keep it that way?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegreatfour: Because he's gone insane lol 
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tensor

barry an wally i like but john fox he is a beast i saw him ran backwards around the world an bart could not catch him an the guy not even turn around once plus he is the only flash to reach the 65 century

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thegreatfour
    @FadeToBlackBolt: A lot of writers do! With power. Think about it. They have the ability to control an entire universe however they see fit! They are tyrants! Tyrants I tell you!
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @thegreatfour said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: A lot of writers do! With power. Think about it. They have the ability to control an entire universe however they see fit! They are tyrants! Tyrants I tell you! "
    It's true. We are. :P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @thegreatfour: Yep, it's what happened to Bendis.
    mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By mark5
    Moving around the world in milliseconds. Testing Superman Blue's speed.

Saving people frm a nuke in 100 picoseconds.

Writers got the math wrong here.

Rebuilds a bridge in 30 seconds

Makes an attack moving at light speed to appear still. It's heading to WW about 20 feet away.

He scans half a million faces in 1 picosecond (1 thousandth of a nanosecond)

Carries those responsible in the path of the attack before it reaches halfway.  

Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Devias
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

I'm sorry for the slow response but I never thought this thread would get any replies (had zero when I checked back days after I created the thread).
    Wow, really? That's impressive. Is it canon?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Devias said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    I'm sorry for the slow response but I never thought this thread would get any replies (had zero when I checked back days after I created the thread).

Wow, really? That's impressive. Is it canon? How did he do it? Fly?
    That's ok :)

It's canon, it occurred in Flash: the Human Race by Mark Millar and Grant Morrison. He didn't fly though, it was a challenge issued by two seemingly omnipotent beings, who created a Universe for the race. 
    Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Devias
    @mark5 said:
    Moving around the world in milliseconds. Testing Superman Blue's speed.

Saving people frm a nuke in 100 picoseconds.

Writers got the math wrong here.

Rebuilds a bridge in 30 seconds

Makes an attack moving at light speed to appear still. It's heading to WW about 20 feet away.

He scans half a million faces in 1 picosecond (1 thousandth of a nanosecond)

You're awesome. Thanks.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEGRAAF

I love Wally and stopped reading the Flash series until they bring him back. I hate Barry now that he's back

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By batflasharrow96

Well, Barry has no limits to his speed, not sure about Wally

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By majestic99

@Devias said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I'm sorry for the slow response but I never thought this thread would get any replies (had zero when I checked back days after I created the thread). Wow, really? That's impressive. Is it canon?

Scans for this?

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InnerAssassin

What is the fastest he went?

speed of Light, speed of Thought , Speed of Sound? Did he go faster than the ones listed? How fast is he then?

Avatar image for thehearltessdeviant
    TheHearltessDeviant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's said that superman can travel 4.2 times the speed of light. Also, that his speed is one and a half times the speed of which he can run. Knowing that Flash runs 2 times as fast as Superman can run. The Flash must run around 5.6 times the speed of light, but keep in mind that even though that is his top speed, he chooses not to run at that speed due to keeping care of the risks of harming anyone and anything.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dredeuced

@innerassassin said:

What is the fastest he went?

speed of Light, speed of Thought , Speed of Sound? Did he go faster than the ones listed? How fast is he then?

I know this is a few months late, but I didn't even see this board.

During the Human Race, Wally outraced instantaneous teleportation from the Cosmic Gamblers -- that could be seen as a pseuod time travel feat, though, as he raced across the fourth dimension to do it (The fourth dimension is time).

Directly after that, though, he was definitely not time traveling. Over the span of one Septosecond, which is 0.000000000000000000001 seconds, he tuned every radio on Earth.

There are 150,000,000 square kilometers of land on Earth. Light travels about 300,000 kilometers per second. To cover 150,000,000 kilometers, it would take light 500 seconds. For simplicity's sake, if you assume there is 1 radio for every square kilometer on earth (that is lowballing it greatly), that means he was traveling 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times faster than light, or 500 septillion.

Understand that I am greatly, greatly lowballing this feat as it doesn't take into account the time it takes him to tune every radio, the accurate density of radios per square kilometer (much higher than my guess, i just used mine to make the multiplication and division easier), radios that aren't on land (such as every boat on the planet that has a radio) or the time it takes him to search the square of every kilometer -- if he had to search every square inch then it'd be 500 septillion squared, or 250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 which is 250 Quattuordecillion times the speed of light.

Here's the feat in action:

No Caption Provided

ommnomnomnom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: I doubt he can go across the universe in seconds...if he can comics are getting really really silly now.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally's top speed feats involve his time travel feats. There just isn't anything faster (unless we are talking Zoom, who is always out of sync with time...which why he is usually portrayed as faster than Wally). Someone mentioned above time travel and it being the fourth dimension. This is true. When a character is so fast that time itself becomes irrelevant, there is nothing faster than that. Speed is a function of distance and time. So, even Wally's greatest light speed feats pale next to his time travel feats. Moving from one frozen time line to the next on sheer speed alone is Wally's pinnacle of speed.

Repolho_Facero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Repolho_Facero
    @mark5 said:
    Moving around the world in milliseconds. Testing Superman Blue's speed. Saving people frm a nuke in 100 picoseconds. Writers got the math wrong here.Rebuilds a bridge in 30 seconds Makes an attack moving at light speed to appear still. It's heading to WW about 20 feet away. He scans half a million faces in 1 picosecond (1 thousandth of a nanosecond)

People are calculating in this Nukes scene that he goes 13 trillion x the speed of light in here.

wolverine1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By wolverine1977

@dredeuced: friend, can you tell me the name of the comic book that this happened? comic book which he moved in septum-second? and what is septal second? I did not find it on google

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are so many

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Wouldn't his greatest feat be the outrunning of death? (I know he and Barry outran the Black Racer, but didn't he also out run the Black Flash at an earlier point?)

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SirNeko

@wolverine1977 said:

@dredeuced: friend, can you tell me the name of the comic book that this happened? comic book which he moved in septum-second? and what is septal second? I did not find it on google

There is no such thing as Septum-seconds or Septo-seconds. They wrote Zeptoseconds wrong. Zeptosecond, (zepto- + second), is one sextillionth (short scale) of one second. 10−21

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SheenLantern

@sirneko said:

@wolverine1977 said:

There is no such thing as Septum-seconds or Septo-seconds. They wrote Zeptoseconds wrong. Zeptosecond, (zepto- + second), is one sextillionth (short scale) of one second. 10−21

Actually, both are correct, 'Septo' comes from 'Seven' in Latin, since it means 10 to the minus 3 to the power of seven.

But of course, 'S' already had a meaning in maths. 'Second'. So it would be 'SS', which is retarded, so they changed it to 'ZS'. Eventually the word evolved into the more convenient 'Zeptosecond'.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

@wolverine1977 said:

Actually, both are correct, 'Septo' comes from 'Seven' in Latin, since it means 10 to the minus 3 to the power of seven.

But of course, 'S' already had a meaning in maths. 'Second'. So it would be 'SS', which is retarded, so they changed it to 'ZS'. Eventually the word evolved into the more convenient 'Zeptosecond'.

Thank you, that was informative, but officially you can't say 'septo', comic writes already have hard time following physic logic, they could at least wrote correctly :)

multiAQWorlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By multiAQWorlds

Barry!!! Yeah!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devias said:

Does anyone know this? Of course, we all know he can exceed the speed of light with relative ease, but how far has he gone beyond that? I know he outran the Black Racer and entropy (?) but those aren't feats that you measure with. My friend said that he once went about five hundred times the light of speed, and it was stated in a panel. Can anyone verify this? If not, I'm going to read every issue of Modern Age Flash until I get something.

Well, outrunning the Black Racer to the end of time in one panel isnt quantifiable exactly, but if I knew theoretical quantum physics, I could give you an idea of how much that makes lightspeed look freaking pathetic.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@dredeuced: writers didn't made it with a calculator in hand so calculation of speed using speculations is useless. that radio feat is an unquantifable feat.

Teleport happens in NO TIME. 0 second. Its instantaneous. One disappear from 1 place and appear at another place exactly at same instant/moment of time. And obviously you can't get somewhere BEFORE you start moving and thus its not possible to be faster than teleport UNLESS person using teleport wastes some time in thinking and using teleport power. And since he wastes some time for that thus this feat is again unquantifable.

@devias: flash was just lightspeed while that nuke event. writers didn't made it with a calculator in hand so calculation of speed using data is useless specially when his speed is already stated to be BELOW Light speed. A direct statement from writer > indirect statement of reader via calculations. If by mistake he put wrong data of distance and time then we have to ignore it. Writer wants to show him lightspeed thus he wrote light speed.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dredeuced

@rago_beyblader said:

@dredeuced: writers didn't made it with a calculator in hand so calculation of speed using speculations is useless. that radio feat is an unquantifable feat.

Teleport happens in NO TIME. 0 second. Its instantaneous. One disappear from 1 place and appear at another place exactly at same instant/moment of time. And obviously you can't get somewhere BEFORE you start moving and thus its not possible to be faster than teleport UNLESS person using teleport wastes some time in thinking and using teleport power. And since he wastes some time for that thus this feat is again unquantifable.

You're right, writers don't write with a calculator in hand to make sure everything syncs up. But the feat is perfectly quantifiable. I could even extrapolate the fact of what he does to 999 zeptoseconds (which would be the highest amount possible given his statement).

You can get somewhere before you start moving. It's called time travel. Welcome to Flash comics. He even specifically says he's travelling across the 4th dimension (time). The problem for him was saving the entire Radioland planet faster than the all powerful gamblers could enact their punishment, which leads us to the "tuning every radio on the planet in zeptoseconds" feat which, as I've said, is perfectly quantifiable. I honestly don't know why you think it isn't. Specific things are said and the writer even gives us a measurement of time, which is what makes it so easy to quantify. There isn't another feat that doesn't use time and distance covered to quantify speed, so unless you think all comic feats in the history of forever are unquatifiable, I think you're stone cold wrong.

flash was just lightspeed while that nuke event. writers didn't made it with a calculator in hand so calculation of speed using data is useless specially when his speed is already stated to be BELOW Light speed. A direct statement from writer > indirect statement of reader via calculations. If by mistake he put wrong data of distance and time then we have to ignore it. Writer wants to show him lightspeed thus he wrote light speed.

This is what I love about people like you. You have an agenda so you look for an argument that confirms your bias. You think, "The writer got the distance and time wrong, he was just using incorrect data so it doesn't count!" Why does that only apply to one part of the feat? Why isn't the part about Wally going less than lightspeed the incorrect data? The thing is, we KNOW that it's incorrect data because Wally had been going way faster than lightspeed for years before Trial By Fire happened.

So, if we know the writer's wrong about one thing, but isn't wrong about the other, then why do we assume it in the reverse order? The time and distance and amount of people saved were all things the writer intended to happen, too, so why does the "less than lightspeed" part of the feat get special treatment, whereas everything else is ignored?

You're not even applying your own logic to the entirety of what's going on.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@dredeuced:

1) in radio event only time is given not distance thats why its unquantifiable regardless of weather you overhype or downplay the distance. Its just speculation.

2) even by using time travel exactly how can you get somewhere if you haven't even moved ? And flash time travels by using his speed, right ? no movement = no speed = no time travel. Since he used time travel thus he HAD TO MOVE before using it. And by the way time travel requires speed just beyond speed of time which is speed of light

3) Try to understand what i am saying. As i said one can't get somewhere BEFORE MOVING AWAY FROM HIS ORIGINAL PLACE. Teleport happens in absolute 0 second. You can't go somewhere before 0 second. It would be like you reached your destination before even getting started. So being faster than teleport is as much non sense as being above omnipotence. Only possibility is that teleporter wasted time in thinking.

4) Anyways that teleporter who lost to flash too had to think for using teleport. Thus Obviously he DID waste time in thinking. show me Flash outrunning a teleporter who don't waste any time at all in thinking. I think you can't But even if you do still it would be a PIS as being above omnipotence as i explained in previous point.

Not only flash never did it but also its impossible.

5) as i said in nuke event speed statement is right and distance time data is wrong BECAUSE A direct statement from writer > indirect statement of reader via calculations. Also for this showing, its own speed statement > speed statements from other showings. I am not saying that flash can't go beyond light speed, i am saying that he was not beyond lightspeed in this case.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dredeuced

@rago_beyblader said:

1) in radio event only time is given not distance thats why its unquantifiable regardless of weather you overhype or downplay the distance. Its just speculation.

The exact distance is not given, which is why I used a very, very lowballing amount of distance he would have to cover to turn on every radio in the world. I very intentionally made sure to make it much smaller than I could have reasonably so there wouldn't be much to argue. You either didn't fully read what I said or didn't comprehend what I said.

2) even by using time travel exactly how can you get somewhere if you haven't even moved ? And flash time travels by using his speed, right ? no movement = no speed = no time travel. Since he used time travel thus he HAD TO MOVE before using it. And by the way time travel requires speed just beyond speed of time which is speed of light

A lot of people can just time travel with technology, ala Kadabra or the cosmic treadmill if you want to just stick to Flash lore. Flash does time travel by using his speed (And everyone else's) in The Human Race, but what's your point? The race starts at 00:00. Let's, for ease's sake, say Flash starts running at 00:01. Now, by that time the Gamblers have already teleported there, correct? But Flash uses that one relative second to gain speed and time travel. Flash arrives, on Earth, a couple of zeptoseconds before the race even begins because time travel allows you to do stuff like that. So yes, while Flash DID have to move before time travelling, he was so fast that the difference between the race starting and him getting to time travel wasn't an existing unit of time -- this is because, due to all the energy he absorbed, he had effectively infinite speed.

3) Try to understand what i am saying. As i said one can't get somewhere BEFORE MOVING AWAY FROM HIS ORIGINAL PLACE. Teleport happens in absolute 0 second. You can't go somewhere before 0 second. It would be like you reached your destination before even getting started. So being faster than teleport is as much non sense as being above omnipotence. Only possibility is that teleporter wasted time in thinking.

Now try to understand what I'm saying, if he time travels he can get there before the race starts. The cosmic gamblers aren't omnipotent, either, just really powerful. Also, teleportation isn't exactly 0 seconds, otherwise, in that non existent amount of time, there would be 2 people -- one at the starting location of the teleportation and one at the ending location. That's just kind of a logical quandary with instantaneous teleportation (something that doesn't exist in real life so it's not worth thinking about) but it's not really relevant.

4) Anyways that teleporter who lost to flash too had to think for using teleport. Thus Obviously he DID waste time in thinking. show me Flash outrunning a teleporter who don't waste any time at all in thinking. I think you can't But even if you do still it would be a PIS as being above omnipotence as i explained in previous point.

Not only flash never did it but also its impossible.

Show me the cosmic gambler wasting time thinking. Go ahead. You're making it up to suit yourself. Nothing about it is PIS, either.

Lots of things are impossible. Welcome to comics, dude. You know what else is impossible? A human male powered by the sun destroying a moon with a punch, but Superman does it! You know what else is impossible? Magic! There's tons of magic in comics, too. You know what's impossible? A guy in a red jumpsuit with a cowl running at superspeeds and being powered by an infinite energy source that governs time and movement. Something being impossible has never been a stipulation for it not being acceptable in comics. Flash does impossible crap all the time, the explanation is he has crazy super powers that lets him do it.

5) as i said in nuke event speed statement is right and distance time data is wrong BECAUSE A direct statement from writer > indirect statement of reader via calculations. Also for this showing, its own speed statement > speed statements from other showings. I am not saying that flash can't go beyond light speed, i am saying that he was not beyond lightspeed in this case.

A direct statement from the writer. Now tell me, is this a direct statement from the writer?:

No Caption Provided

It uses the same font, the same text block, and comes from the same narrator as this part:

No Caption Provided

I want you to tell me what the difference between these two things are. Both are statements made by a narrator, why does the second one count more than the first one? Why is the first one wrong data and the second one right data?

If you truly think Flash did not go faster than lightspeed in this feat, then all of those people died. Because if he was going 0.99c he wouldn't have made it through a thousand people before the nuke had swallowed up the whole city. You're the one talking about logical things and possible things, yet you persist in saying that Flash couldn't have gone FTL in this feat because you choose to believe one part of the narration and think the other part is wrong.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@dredeuced: 1) STILL that distance is just speculation. you may think what you want but to me its just an unquantifiable feat.

2) well that makes no sense. let me explain. I got your point but that would mean anybody who can time travel can outrun teleport. For time travel all you need is speed faster than light. So basically someone with speed 300,001 km/sec is faster than a someone who can teleport to from 1 end to other end of universe in no time. LOL How much sense does it make ?

3) i am not saying gamblers are omni, i was just giving an example that just like its logically impossible to be above omni similarly its logically impossible to reach somewhere before 0 seconds but whatever you may ignore this example. teleport definition - to be transported across space and distance instantly and Instant means no time at all. which mean 0 seconds. You can google "instant meaning" see synonyms under 2nd point under "noun" category.

4) considering that cosmic gambler is not any abstract level being, he HAS to think before act thus he waste time. If superman or batman do something and i ask you to show proof that they waste time in thinking then it would be a stupid question. So you are the one who needs to show proof that gambler didn't waste time in thinking. And getting power from sun and destroying moon with a strong punch are not even close to impossible. there is nothing in this case to contradict logic. But starting race at 0.0 and getting there at - 0.1 is logically impossible.

5) our objective is speed not distance and time. Direct statement about being under lightspeed is given. Direct statement about being trillions times FTL is not given. It came out from fans via calculations. Since writer didn't do calculation thats why calculation is worthless. Writer wants to show him being lightspeed and only thats why he wrote lightspeed. Be honest, you do know that neither writer nor readers cares about distance time. Everybody care about flash's speed. Thus obviously he wrote speed correct and by mistake wrong distance time.

NO they didn't die cuz distance time data is wrong.

And my post limit is over so if you want this to end quickly you can send me pm, otherwise it will take long time.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dredeuced

@rago_beyblader said:

@dredeuced: 1) STILL that distance is just speculation. you may think what you want but to me its just an unquantifiable feat.

"Just speculation." I'm hurt. I went to a good bit of effort on that post and here you come, dismissing my work on a sheer technicality. Anyone with the basest sense of deduction understands what I stated and can agree with it. Unless you're goal is to be contrarian for contrarian's sake then it's a very acceptable calculation of the feat.

2) well that makes no sense. let me explain. I got your point but that would mean anybody who can time travel can outrun teleport. For time travel all you need is speed faster than light. So basically someone with speed 300,001 km/sec is faster than a someone who can teleport to from 1 end to other end of universe in no time. LOL How much sense does it make ?

Not everyone who can go FTL can time travel, that's a fallacy. But, anyone who can time travel can arrive at a place at a specific point in time faster than a teleporter relative to that teleporter's timeline, yes. It makes perfectly good sense. If you can't grasp time travel then I don't know what to tell you. The teleporter gets there in 0 seconds, the time traveler gets there 30 seconds before the race starts.

3) i am not saying gamblers are omni, i was just giving an example that just like its logically impossible to be above omni similarly its logically impossible to reach somewhere before 0 seconds but whatever you may ignore this example. teleport definition - to be transported across space and distance instantly and Instant means no time at all. which mean 0 seconds. You can google "instant meaning" see synonyms under 2nd point under "noun" category.

Their teleportation in and of itself is logically impossible. Omnipotents could also time travel, just as Wally did, and beat instant teleportation to the spot. Thanks for telling me to google the definition of the word instant while completely ignoring what I said and why I said it ( I was mocking your use of the concept of "logical possibility" while you're talking about giant robot gamblers teleporting).

4) considering that cosmic gambler is not any abstract level being, he HAS to think before act thus he waste time. If superman or batman do something and i ask you to show proof that they waste time in thinking then it would be a stupid question. So you are the one who needs to show proof that gambler didn't waste time in thinking. And getting power from sun and destroying moon with a strong punch are not even close to impossible. there is nothing in this case to contradict logic. But starting race at 0.0 and getting there at - 0.1 is logically impossible.

Why do you think Abstract level beings don't have to think? Every abstract I've ever seen in comics seems to think. You're the one questioning the claim, provide the proof. I don't need to show crap, no point in the comic does it show the gamblers stopping to think about using the teleportation. The race starts and you literally just see them teleporting. There's no pause.

Starting a race at 0.0 and getting there at -0.1 isn't logically impossible if you can time travel. Doing so without time travel would be.

5) our objective is speed not distance and time. Direct statement about being under lightspeed is given. Direct statement about being trillions times FTL is not given. It came out from fans via calculations. Since writer didn't do calculation thats why calculation is worthless. Writer wants to show him being lightspeed and only thats why he wrote lightspeed. Be honest, you do know that neither writer nor readers cares about distance time. Everybody care about flash's speed. Thus obviously he wrote speed correct and by mistake wrong distance time.

"Our objective is speed, not distance and time."

Speed is literally distance divided by time. This is a joke, right? You just said "Our objective is speed, not speed."

Direct statement about being under lightspeed is given! I agree! Good job, you can read, too. I'm impressed. But why is one direct statement (going slower than lightspeed) supersede the other direct statement? You don't answer this. Saying "The writer didn't do calculations," doesn't help your argument -- what if he was given the calculations then said, "Oh, I guess I should've said Wally was going lightspeed," ? You don't know, you just assume that the most important thing about that scene, to the writer, was Wally going slower than lightspeed.

You know what was probably more important? The action of Flash saving half a million people before a nuke goes off. I'm will to admit that the 0.0001microseconds thing is wrong, just as the part that says Flash was going slower than lightspeed is wrong, because the first part was probably not calculated, as you said, and the last one was obviously ignorant of Flash's capabilities. Both statements are ignorant, so why is one more correct than the other?

The one thing we know is Flash does save half a million people faster than a nuke can kill a single person. Unless you think the narrator lied and hundreds of thousands of people died, Flash HAD to be going FTL. It's not a possible feat if he doesn't. Do you honestly think all those people died? Answer me that. Because if you think they lived, then you have to think Wally went FTL. Like I said, we CAN assume the time data is wrong (even though I don't know why that has to be wrong while the data that says Wally is going slower than light is right. Again, this is blatant hypocrisy). I am happy to concede the point.

How much time do you think it takes to save 500,000 people from the AoE of a nuke? A nuke expands really fast. It should cover an entire city in a couple seconds. If Wally was going less than lightspeed it would take him several minutes to evacuate the city. You can't have it both ways -- as you're fond of saying, it's logically impossible for Wally to run 500,000 people 35 miles away while moving less than lightspeed before the nuke would kill them all. Think logically, as you're so fond of. How does that make sense?

I'm not "taking this to pms." You called me and what I've done out in a public forum with all the tact of a Rottweiler. Come back when your post limit is up.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@dredeuced:

1) we have no idea about how many radios were there and at how much distance was in between. most of land is grassland, rocky areas, deserts, wastelands etc, Building area is very less. Flash had to search very less space. 1 radio/ sq km maybe good for you. But there is no proof. If you can show proof for minimum distance he has to move then i can accept it. whatever you say, its unquantifiable.

2) maybe not everyone but some who can go FTL are able to time travel. for example Silver age sup was million times FTL and could time travel. So is he faster than one who teleport across universe in no time ?

3) you can't do any action(to use teleport in this case) without movement of electric impulses in body. It needs time. some Abstracts are beyond time thus i say they don't need waste time in thinking or movement of electric impulses in body. Flash never outraced teleport. gambler wasted time to start.

your asking for proof of gambler needing time is like asking for proof for batman need time to start running after start signal is given, if you say gambler don't need time then it means batman too has 0 reaction time. not millisecond or microsecond but absolute 0. so STOP TROLLING.

4) are you stupid or what ? speed is d/t comes via using formula and calculation not a direct statement unlike "his speed is xyz". Stop trolling you repeated everything i already took out. I already explained why speed is right and distance time is wrong. you are flash fanboy and are overhyping his feats.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dredeuced

@rago_beyblader said:

@dredeuced:

1) we have no idea about how many radios were there and at how much distance was in between. most of land is grassland, rocky areas, deserts, wastelands etc, Building area is very less. Flash had to search very less space. 1 radio/ sq km maybe good for you. But there is no proof. If you can show proof for minimum distance he has to move then i can accept it. whatever you say, its unquantifiable.

2) maybe not everyone but some who can go FTL are able to time travel. for example Silver age sup was million times FTL and could time travel. So is he faster than one who teleport across universe in no time ?

3) you can't do any action(to use teleport in this case) without movement of electric impulses in body. It needs time. some Abstracts are beyond time thus i say they don't need waste time in thinking or movement of electric impulses in body. Flash never outraced teleport. gambler wasted time to start.

your asking for proof of gambler needing time is like asking for proof for batman need time to start running after start signal is given, if you say gambler don't need time then it means batman too has 0 reaction time. not millisecond or microsecond but absolute 0. so STOP TROLLING.

4) are you stupid or what ? speed is d/t comes via using formula and calculation not a direct statement unlike "his speed is xyz". Stop trolling you repeated everything i already took out. I already explained why speed is right and distance time is wrong. you are flash fanboy and are overhyping his feats.

1: Minimum distance would be atleast around the world a million times, because he specifically states he passed up Jay Garrick and Superman a million times. It's not unquantifiable. I lowballed it like crazy. I literally ignored 3/4ths of the earths surface, which contains, you know, a lot of boats that have radios, just to make it simple and nearly impossible to be contrarian about it like you are right now.

2: If Superman were allowed to use time travel in a race with someone who had teleportation then yes, he could get to a designated destination before the teleporter by arriving there before the race starts.

3: Let's not start about "electric impulses in the body." You and I both know that clearly does not apply to The Flash or really any character with super human reaction speed. If it's not applicable to them then there shouldn't be a correlation with abstracts. Abstracts also do think and react, across both dc and marvel universes, and they've been shown to do as much all the time.

Why are you comparing Batman to the Gambler? Do you think they're comparable? Does it even matter, considering the fact that Wally used time travel to do it? Or that the entire premise of the climax of the arc is that Flash, powered by everything humanity has to offer, somehow beats instantaneous transportation to become the fastest being in the universe to save the day? You have a distinct lack of both scale, knowledge, logical, and imagination. Much less conceptual understanding of the plot itself. I'm not trolling, you're the one who came at me with your nonsense.

Have you even read the comic? This is an honest to goodness question. If you had you'd realize that the Cosmic Gambler starts teleporting before Wally finishes the race. This isn't something to debate.

4: Am I stupid? You are saying that Flash's distance and time do not matter when we're talking about how fast he's going, but that's how you measure every speed feat in the history of comics. Calling me a fanboy, stupid, or any other number of insults doesn't make your absolutely asinine statements more practical or reasonable.

I don't care that you disagree with me. Plenty of people have disagreed with me before you and many will after. But when your argument degenerates into petty insults in lieu of actual arguments it's time to call it a day.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader said:

@devias: flash was just lightspeed while that nuke event. writers didn't made it with a calculator in hand so calculation of speed using data is useless specially when his speed is already stated to be BELOW Light speed. A direct statement from writer > indirect statement of reader via calculations. If by mistake he put wrong data of distance and time then we have to ignore it. Writer wants to show him lightspeed thus he wrote light speed.

I understand what you're saying. Physics and Science doesn't equate very well in comics, which is why speed data calculation is off between the readers and the writers. It's possible that it can be WIS writing. Jesse later referenced that event in the North Korea town, mentioning Wally evacuating mere seconds, instead of micro. These things usually happen in comics lots of times.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SC  Moderator

@rago_beyblader: Hello, welcome to CV. Generally the rule of thumb as far as user interaction is to not turn things personal. Basically users shouldn't be using insulting rhetoric/literal questions asking other users if they are stupid or calling them a fanboy. So tone that down in the future please.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@sc: okey

@dredeuced:

1) dude i just read your scan carefully. It didn't say he did that in 1 septosecond. It basically says "i have more than enough time before titan arrives according to calculation which is accurate upto septo-seconds" That septosecond is accuracy of flash's calculation. It has nothing to do with the time left before titan arrives. Flash crossed superman million times in unknown amount of time. Again unquantifiable feat.

2) so million times FTL > teleporting 93 billion lightyears in no time( more than quintillions times FTL). Million > quintillion ? HAHAHAHAHA I will never agree with this. Thats why i still say It isin't possible to be faster than teleport.

3) nope, movement of electric impulses is a point. Gambler's impulses need time for any and every action. Flash never outraced a teleporter who has absolute 0 reaction time. Even if he did(which isin't true) still i won't accept cuz if writer says million > quintillion then i have to disagree. And abstracts think but they don't need time to think as they are beyond time.

4) as you said he would win the race even before starting and if he has already won thus he won't even start to run and since he never started running thus he never time travelled and never reached end and never won. Sounds nonsense ? Time travel itself is nonsense unless done by omnipotent guy who is beyond logic itself.

5) you should have focussed more on my point rather than an insult LOL, you prefer speed calculation via distance time statement cuz of his other feats, i prefer speed statement cuz it is direct statement telling his speed and obviously for a speed type hero writer would focus mostly on speed and would write correct speed. And would focus less on other things so by mistake write wrong distance or time. And @mysoulz told me that nuke event time was later retconned to be mere seconds instead of micro. So now definitely time was wrong. And i am right.

No Caption Provided

6) i heard that flash once went across the universe in a second. Is it true ? can you show scans ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.