Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Wally West in the new DC universe theory

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By greencrapweasel

Now as we know in the new DC 52, Wally so far has not been made acknowledged of. So in light of that fact, I believe the plausibility of his grand return are 50/50 (I do wish it was 100% for certain). See on the one hand we currently have Bart Allen as the Kid Flash, so the need of a Kid Flash is not actually here for the moment, but however in spite of the idea that he may not exist or even be alive, Wally West must exist because of the fact that he was the nephew of Barry, and so Barry is not needed in order for him to exist. Also Iris herself is seeming to be very significant to The Flash series, and since Wally was a big fan of the Flash it will all come together and make a slightly shifted circle.

The fact remains that Wally West is most likely still existent in the DC universe, so that leaves the wonderful possibiltity of Wally returning to our sight.

Now the final question is if Wally West's return was imminent.....then what do we do with Bart Allen? or is it possible that in the new DC universe that there can be two kid flashes, as in one that's apart of the Teen Titans and then the other as the true mostly all of the time sidekick to the Flash?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

Barry is important in Wally's becoming the Flash unless they change his story on how he got his powers. He was a big fan of the Flash and i believe even got his powers in the same lab in the same way that Barry got his.

If they bring him back i would think they would either call him the flash also or take up the name impulse or one of the flashes names from another universe

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
    greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By greencrapweasel

@DEGRAAF: true you make a good point i'm just thinking with iris being so involved in the new 52 there could easily be a chance of his return.

As far as names go I agree

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fodigg

There's a quote somewhere (don't feel like tracking down, sorry) from Didio that Wally West and Donna Troy were cut from the DCU because they were too similar to Barry/Diana respectively. There's even a quote at a panel where someone asked about Wally and the Teen Titans editor facetiously responds "Who?"

It's utter crap, but there you go. Until they eventually soften on this issue (nothing is forever in comics) we don't get Wally and we don't get Donna. I don't know why they'd cut Wally. Wally West is the Flash. Barry Allen is just a part of his backstory.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mega_spidey01

wally west has always been my favorite flash. i don't really care for barry allen.

sgcomicguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By sgcomicguy

@Mega_spidey01: Same here! I hope they bring him back.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@fodigg said:

There's a quote somewhere (don't feel like tracking down, sorry) from Didio that Wally West and Donna Troy were cut from the DCU because they were too similar to Barry/Diana respectively. There's even a quote at a panel where someone asked about Wally and the Teen Titans editor facetiously responds "Who?"

It's utter crap, but there you go. Until they eventually soften on this issue (nothing is forever in comics) we don't get Wally and we don't get Donna. I don't know why they'd cut Wally. Wally West is the Flash. Barry Allen is just a part of his backstory.

Dammit. I hate it when the right answer sucks.

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

@Mega_spidey01 said:

wally west has always been my favorite flash. i don't really care for barry allen.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By the_tree

I wouldn't want to see Wally demoted to Kid Flash, that would suck.

I'm sure he'll eventually be back, he has plenty of fans, it'll just take some time.

Currently, I'm fine with having Barry in the spotlight. But it would be nice to see a mention of Wally.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

Does anyone think they might bring Wally back as Earth-2 Flash or just leave that to the JSA and maybe show him as an alternate Universe Flash (not from DCnU or Earth-2)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mercy_
    @DEGRAAF I'm hoping that's what they do for both him and Donna Troy.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

@The Dark Huntress: yea, as happy as i would be with them at least bringing them back in some form i still wouldnt be happy because i love both those characters and would have liked to see them in the main DCU. I think Donna could have easily been redone in the DCnU as the daughter of one of the other big 3 gods. She could then be and adversary to Diana (personally i with Diana now having Zeus as her father, i would have liked to see Diana be fathered by Poseidon and Artemis fathered by Hades. Or even have them all fathered by gods from different cultural gods. Diana by Greek, Donna by Roman, Artemis by Egyptian)

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Kallarkz

Wally is gone. I'm over it

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I'm loving the Barry spotlight, but Wally will def. return. They just won't get rid of a famous character like that.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

@DEGRAAF said:

Does anyone think they might bring Wally back as Earth-2 Flash or just leave that to the JSA and maybe show him as an alternate Universe Flash (not from DCnU or Earth-2)

Won't happen. It would be awesome but that's what Jay is for. He's the Earth-2 Flash and always will be. And I don't like the idea of Wally being an alternate universe flash because then his backstory and history will be lost. Albeit, it already will be. I JUST WANT WALLY BACK.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Just bc he would be an alternate universe version doesnt mean he would lose his backstory. I agree though that it most likely wont happen and I WANT WALLY BACK TOO.

I wonder if Earth-2 will have a JLA in place or have ever existed or if the whole Earth-2 Universe is decades behind the current universe. Will Stormwatch know about the multiverse?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gambit1024

@DEGRAAF said:

I was thinking about this too. But then I remembered Jay Garrick. But what if they changed it so that Jay was Wally's mentor?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Gambit1024: While i still dont see it happening, that would be interesting. How would Wally of gotten his powers though?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

@DEGRAAF: Idk. How did Jay get his?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Gambit1024: Jay Garrick attended Midwestern University in Keystone City. Jay double majored in both physics and chemistry. Jay was also a really big football star. He was conducting an experiment in his junior year, the experiment he was conducting was an attempt to purify hard water without any residual radiation in a cyclotron. Jay worked late into the night, as it got very late he began to get tired. So he sat back and enjoyed a relaxing cigarette but as he leant back on his chair, he knocked over the whole apparatus, releasing dangerous, intoxicating fumes. These fumes knocked Jay out. Jay lays in bed for weeks in a state between life and death. Shortly after he awakes he sees the young woman whom he had been pining after for a while, Joan Williams, outside his window. In his anxiousness to meet her, he speeds down the stairs past the other patients in the hospital like a hurricane, learning then that what the doctor had said, that he would be the fastest thing that ever walked on Earth, was indeed true.

I guess similar to how Barry and Wally got their powers except their seemed to be almost instantaneous rather than fighting life and death like Jay

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By jsphsmth

@DEGRAAF said:

Pretty sure that the Earth-2 Flash would remain Jay Garrick.

WalllyWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WalllyWest

Wally West is the Flash not barry Wally has been for the last 24 years so screw barry Wally is the best

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By luckydomino1

screw barry i want wally as the flash

_Quickster_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Quickster_

I was hoping maybe he'll show up sometime in the future and do his thing. I just don't want him gone. I grew up with him, and I like him the best. His personality is distinguishable, and he can still get the job done. I just want him back.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Billy Batson

He might came back after a while.
    BB

Sir_Deadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Sir_Deadpool

@Mega_spidey01 said:

!!!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Video_Martian

@WalllyWest said:

Wally West is the Flash not barry Wally has been for the last 24 years so screw barry Wally is the best

LOL, this is the only thing you posted?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.