Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3106 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

The Day Has Finally Come. The Return of WALLY WEST!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

USA Today broke the story of The Flash's very own Wally West returning on April 30th in The Flash Annual #3! The article also states that Flashes new creative team will consist of co-writers Rob Venditti and Van Jensen with artist Brett Booth.

Here is the article. NOW ENJOY!

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

not everybody is exsited for this some are worried that wally is going to take the spot light thats the same thing that happened when barry came back jeoff johns rules dc at the moment and he wont let one of his favorite superheros loos his title as the flash...back to what i was say about barry allen...barry has already tooken the hearts of many flash fans made them there favorite flash but not so long as long as nobody would care about wally in fact many still love wally more then they love barry so in the end there will a be a great devide among flash fans as to who should bare the name FLASH or wally gets his own identity im guessing blue valocity whos with me?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nice! Interested in seeing how he's introduced.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PeppeyHare

Still worried about how they'll introduce him (especially because of Bart's new origin..), but still very glad he's back. I still don't understand why some people are so against having two flashes. I thought it worked for Flash and Batman before the reboot.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not everybody is exsited for this some are worried that wally is going to take the spot light thats the same thing that happened when barry came back jeoff johns rules dc at the moment and he wont let one of his favorite superheros loos his title as the flash...back to what i was say about barry allen...barry has already tooken the hearts of many flash fans made them there favorite flash but not so long as long as nobody would care about wally in fact many still love wally more then they love barry so in the end there will a be a great devide among flash fans as to who should bare the name FLASH or wally gets his own identity im guessing blue valocity whos with me?

Really I don't think there should ever be any type of argument over there being more than one Flash. More than anything when it comes to that name, more than one person using it was/is the status quo and always should be. Even now in the New 52 there are still multiple Green Lanterns on Earth using the title, so I don't see why the Flash family can't still do the same. I can understand about one character taking the spotlight off the other however, as sadly you're right when you say that's already happened between Wally and Barry before. Smart thing to do would be to give each his own series to play around in, especially since Wally's not Kid Flash, or at least doesn't look like he will be, and therefore can fully operate on his own once his reintroduction arc is over.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Whats the difference between him and Allen?

(Aside from Deadlier Rogues)

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

I am happy to see Wally back seeing that he has been a major character at DC since the Silver Age though I hope they just give him his own book and adult identity (similar to Nightwing or Troia). The New 52 got me into the Flash and made Barry Allen one of my favorite characters. Even to the point where I started reading his original Silver Age adventures.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lifeofvibe

@thecheesestabber: ones funnier then the other and has been known to be more powerful then the other both of these are wally

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmashBrawler

@thecheesestabber said:

The main reason I've always preferred Wally over Barry is because Wally is one of the few mainstream superheroes who's actually gotten a heavy dose of character development.

We saw him from his first days as Flash as an irresponsible douche and shameless womanizer to eventually become a respected hero and family man. Seeing Wally unlock his true potential was great as well; some people may think he got too overpowered but seeing him discover all these new abilities was very compelling, as it added to the character's development. It was also during his tenure that we were introduced to the Speed Force and we got to explore its mysteries alongside him.

Wally also the had the advantage of having a great supporting cast. Characters like Jay Garrick, Bart Allen, Jesse Quick, Max Mercury and many others were heavily featured and truly complemented Flash's world. It also helps that he had a consistently great run (pun intended) for 225 issues (not counting the annuals, 0 issue, 1000000 issue and 1/2 issue). This is obviously not the character we're getting now but even without all that I still prefer Wally's more human attitude over Barry's more, well, straight-up superheroic personality.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber said:

The main reason I've always preferred Wally over Barry is because Wally is one of the few mainstream superheroes who's actually gotten a heavy dose of character development.

We saw him from his first days as Flash as an irresponsible douche and shameless womanizer to eventually become a respected hero and family man. Seeing Wally unlock his true potential was great as well; some people may think he got too overpowered but seeing him discover all these new abilities was very compelling, as it added to the character's development. It was also during his tenure that we were introduced to the Speed Force and we got to explore its mysteries alongside him.

Wally also the had the advantage of having a great supporting cast. Characters like Jay Garrick, Bart Allen, Jesse Quick, Max Mercury and many others were heavily featured and truly complemented Flash's world. It also helps that he had a consistently great run (pun intended) for 225 issues (not counting the annuals, 0 issue, 1000000 issue and 1/2 issue). This is obviously not the character we're getting now but even without all that I still prefer Wally's more human attitude over Barry's more, well, straight-up superheroic personality.

How much more powerful was he?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#12  Edited By Black_Claw

Wally! It's good to have you back buddy!

Now all we need is Donna Troy.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wally! It's good to have you back buddy!

Now all we need is Donna Troy.

And Ralph and Sue Dibny. And Garth. And Ray Palmer as the Atom.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personality, classic abilities, and more interesting storylines (All on Wally's end)

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally, Wally is one of my favorite superheroes and he is definitely my favorite Flash. I am beyond excited.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Bezza

..just bumped this up, excited by the return of Wally, only a few weeks now. Does anyone know if Wally is going to be a fixture in the Flash monthly comic, after the Flash Annual in April? Presumably there wont be two flash comics, one for Barry and one for Wally!

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: The future Flash is almost certainly Barry. I would bet money on the person he let die in his timeline being Wally West and that's why everything went to hell and why he went back in time. Wally almost certainly won't be a different Flash and, frankly, he probably won't even be Wally West. He'll be a completely different character named Wally West.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.