Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

so we just going to forget about him?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justice teen

so a guy name barry allen who hasnt been the flash in over 20 years comes back and we just forget all about wally west, really?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Video_Martian

WE WILL NEVER FORGET WALLY WEST.

Also, don't blame Barry Allen the character, blame the inept writers who refuse to allow Barry and Wally to both exist in the New 52 universe...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Nope. No one will ever forget Wally. But I'm not mad about Barry being the Flash again. He's pretty cool in his own right.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Katie24

The New 52 is less then a year old, give the new DC universe some time to grow before you start bitching about it, jeez.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sinestro_GL

@Katie24 said:

The New 52 is less then a year old, give the new DC universe some time to grow before you start bitching about it, jeez.

THIS.

...and besides, the counter-argument is also true: Barry was the Flash for 30 years before Wally was, and he sacrificed his own life to protect the world(s)...I know you guys really like Wally, but I don't think Barry gets enough respect around here - and 'The Flash' title is actually REALLY good - and this still isn't enough, in addition to Katie24's comment?

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By X9

@sinestro_GL said:

@Katie24 said:

THIS.

...and besides, the counter-argument is also true: Barry was the Flash for 30 years before Wally was, and he sacrificed his own life to protect the world(s)...I know you guys really like Wally, but I don't think Barry gets enough respect around here - and 'The Flash' title is actually REALLY good - and this still isn't enough, in addition to Katie24's comment?

This [2]

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mr_gone

The legacy aspect of the flash is one of the coolest qualities about the stories. They are dropping the ball there at least a little.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@sinestro_GL said:

@Katie24 said:

THIS.

Barry's Death is one of the reasons I'm upset about his return, Barry is a great character but his death was one of the most heroic and Iconic deaths in the history of comics and bringing him back cheapened it and pretty much all of Wally's growth as a character since Barry's death has been negated.

FIash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FIash

@mr.obvious said:

Also, don't blame Barry Allen the character, blame the inept writers who refuse to allow Barry and Wally to both exist in the New 52 universe...

Who? :P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@FIash: I believe they are discussing Geoff Johns inability to let the silver age go

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheAnnihilator

I feel like New 52 dropped the ball on all things Teen Titans related, including the lives of Wally and Tempest.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Martian

@sinestro_GL said:

@Katie24 said:

THIS.

I agree with both these statements.

@TheAnnihilator said:

I feel like New 52 dropped the ball on all things Teen Titans related, including the lives of Wally and Tempest.

Don't forget Donna Troy...

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@mr.obvious: Her too, but I just don't care as much about her.

4thhorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 4thhorseman

Wally will make a return. As much hate as they are receiving from fans, they will feel pressure to add him in sooner rather than later.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By the_tree

@justice teen said:

so a guy name barry allen who hasnt been the flash in over 20 years comes back and we just forget all about wally west, really?

That's DC's plan, yeah.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Martian

@TheAnnihilator: Don't worry, me too :P

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

Wally who? Never heard of him.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@mr.obvious said:

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By justice teen

im not mad at barry im just saying.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By justice teen

@mr.obvious: Donna should never be forgotten either

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Kallarkz

Are we to build a shrine?

Little can be done by us to be honest.

They will bring him back one day.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Wally is a major character. He will come. Stop making these threads. He is going to come in time. They are not just going to drop Wally for good. That's ridiculous to think.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Martian

@justice teen said:

@mr.obvious: Donna should never be forgotten either

I'm not a huge fan of hers but I'd like to see her brought back as well.

Avatar image for knightinbatmanarmor
    knightinbatmanarmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think what most of you are all forgetting is that wally ids perhaps the best hero in all the dc universe when you really get down to it. i mean, really. who had the best superhero career if not wally? he started out as a normal kid, met the flash, became a teen titan, and then lived the dream. he went from a titan to become his favorite hero on the league. i mean, if that's not the most successful career out there i don't know what is. cause it damn sure isn't nightwing, cause lets face it. dick didn't want the cowl. and that's what made him perfect for it. but once bruce got back he gave it right up.

but frankly i think this goes well beyond just dropping the ball with wally. so many characters changed. like babs. i loved her as a crimefighting hero. but we have enough of those. as oracle, she was one of a kind, nothing else out there like her in dc or marvel! i think this all falls on dcnu.

dreb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dreb101

Wally West needs to return Barry should be flash maybe make wally his own persona

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@joshmightbe: If he liked Silver Age so much we would've seen Martian Manhunter as a founding member of the Justice League, the Justice League title would be called Justice League of America instead of just Justice League, he would have respect for Wally due to Wally being created during the Silver Age, he would've brought Ray Palmer back as the Atom, he would've fought with DC to make Reverse Flash Eobard Thawne, he also would've fought for a redesign of the Rogues Gallery and so on. I think Geoff is just a Barry Allen and Hal Jordan fan.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By csguterres

@joshmightbe: If he liked Silver Age so much we would've seen Martian Manhunter as a founding member of the Justice League, the Justice League title would be called Justice League of America instead of just Justice League, he would have respect for Wally due to Wally being created during the Silver Age, he would've brought Ray Palmer back as the Atom, he would've fought with DC to make Reverse Flash Eobard Thawne, he also would've fought for a redesign of the Rogues Gallery and so on. I think Geoff is just a Barry Allen and Hal Jordan fan.

It's true that Geoff Johns is a huge Hal Jordan and Barry Allen fan, but Johns also wrote Wally West for six years in his on-going, so I don't think Geoff wanted Wally to be erased from existence, I think the people who are above him in DC were the ones who did this. Like what happened with Manapul and Buccellato, the current writers of the Flash, who wanted to bring back Wally from the start, but DC didn't let them.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@csguterres: Oh sorry. Should've made myself more clear. By the him not having respect for Wally thing I meant since many does not thinks so. Pisses me off DC won't let Wally comeback. Despite New 52 getting me into the Flash (to a point where I bought Silver Age Flash to read more Barry) and I am a Barry fan I do want Wally to comeback and be prominent. Wally West and Donna Troy are two characters that they shouldn't have messed with much and they should've also come along for the New 52. I can think of many ways for Donna to comeback, but for Wally I can't think of any.

lazyboy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lazyboy93

Barry is the Shit!!! even though Wally's still my favorite I wish he was the Reverse Flash. I don't even want him to be a Flash anymore. I want him to better than that. I want him to be a speedster with super strength or some type of upgrade that will make him stand out.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would want Wally to be the Reverse Flash.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@gor724: You're replying to a comment that's a year and three months old.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

@gor724: You're replying to a comment that's a year and three months old.

I didn't even notice that. I saw this on the forum bored, ill delete that comment.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.