Question about Wally

#1 Posted by SilverMan91 (431 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard many things about Wally and many feats that he supposedly has done.  I just want to separate fact from not-fact (didnt exactly want to put fiction lol).  im going to post some of the feats ive heard and would just like to see people put scans of said feats or confirmation of his power.  Ability to run in space, ability to run without any friction at all, able to go so fast that a second seems like 1 million years (yup ive heard that one too) to him, he has no limits to his speed and can go as fast has he wants, he mainlines from the speed force itself and cannot be cut off from it (i personally didnt understand this one due to the fact that i was under the impression that all spedsters get their power from the force, so what des it mean he mainlines from it and what makes it so speacial), he can travel through time without the need of the treadmill. please people post scans ....or somthing.

#2 Posted by Chickenmonkey707 (39 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver man: 
Let's see, I don't have scans for you, but I can try to answer some of your questions. Every speedster does have a connnection to the speed force, but there was a point in time when Wally was the only one mainlining it. He had a direct connection to it because it saved his life. This made him much faster and more powerful than the other speedsters. However, recently in The Flash: Rebirth it was revealed that the speed force was created when Barry Allen was struck by lightning, and without Barry, there would be no Speed Force. 

The thing about a second seeming like 1 million years is NOT true, but, he does have the ability to slow down his perception without slowing himself down. This means everything can seem at a near standstill while he's running.

Wally DOES have limitations, he's nearly died several times from traveling at such high speeds. Now that he has children, I doubt he'll ever try some of the things he's tried in the past.

I'm pretty sure he can't run in space, unless Green Lantern has provided some sort of mass to run on.
#3 Posted by velle37 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver man said:
"I've heard many things about Wally and many feats that he supposedly has done.  I just want to separate fact from not-fact (didnt exactly want to put fiction lol).  im going to post some of the feats ive heard and would just like to see people put scans of said feats or confirmation of his power.  Ability to run in space, ability to run without any friction at all, able to go so fast that a second seems like 1 million years (yup ive heard that one too) to him, he has no limits to his speed and can go as fast has he wants, he mainlines from the speed force itself and cannot be cut off from it (i personally didnt understand this one due to the fact that i was under the impression that all spedsters get their power from the force, so what des it mean he mainlines from it and what makes it so speacial), he can travel through time without the need of the treadmill. please people post scans ....or somthing. "

I've seen this done on at least three separate occasions..... 

I'll post scans later maybe, but one Wally blitzed back in time to retrieve a treadmill before it was destroyed...... One Wally ran forward in time all the way to the 853rd century to talk to that century's flash, and one in The Human Race, he cracked time open and raced death to the end of time where it has no meaning........... 

Ridiculous and unexplained yes...... Puts his powers at a level far underestimated in battle yes...... Cool... also yes.........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.