Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3141 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Possibly the most over-rated character of all time?

• 51 results
    jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jaywray

Now I know that posting this on the Wally west forum, which instantly tells me, most people are going to come to the defence of him. 
    But really, im new to the posting game, but have been on the forums casually for years, and Im gona be honest with you guys, any time I have seen a thread where its, hell I dono. 
    "THE ONE ABOVE ALL VS FLASH" (exaggerating for effect here.) but it doesn't matter who hes against, there will almost always be somebody going, "flash can solo him, hes by far the most under-rated character of all time" well, no hes not, and as you can guess by the title i strongly agree with the opposite statement of him being over-rated. 
    Am I the only one who feels like this? 

Flash Fastest Man Alive 
    Flash Fastest Man Alive 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe
    @jaywray: I will say that Wally has his limits but he is feat wise the most powerful of all the Flashes, no he can't beat characters like TOAA or anyone near that level but he's no push over
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

There's a difference between being overrated and actually having the feats to back it up. Wally has the feats.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    There's a difference between being overrated and actually having the feats to back it up. Wally has the feats.
    This. Now someone like Iceman (who I've never seen do things like an Omega mutant would) is someone I'd call overrated. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @Gambit1024
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    This. Now someone like Iceman (who I've never seen do things like an Omega mutant would) is someone I'd call overrated. 

As for Iceman, I'd argue that he does have the feats to back it up. He's actually incredibly powerful.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Wally has crossed the Universe inside of the smallest calculable amount of time, knocked out a white Martian in one hit, while not even running at full pace. He has the feats, and he's not overrated.

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jaywray
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    I know Wally has some awesome feats, dont get me wrong I mean hes awesome, and ive been a fan of him for years. 
    Its just when its characters, say for example a recent thread where people were saying he could Blitz a celestial? Thats where i think hes over-rated.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @Gambit1024
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    Thanks :) As for Iceman, I'd argue that he does have the feats to back it up. He's actually incredibly powerful.
    No prob ; ) 
    I'm sure he is very powerful, but I personally never saw him do anything spectacular. 
    Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
    higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaywray said:
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    I know Wally has some awesome feats, dont get me wrong I mean hes awesome, and ive been a fan of him for years. Its just when its characters, say for example a recent thread where people were saying he could Blitz a celestial? Thats where i think hes over-rated.
    even thanos lol
    defeats him in 0.0000001 sec they say
    storm some people argue that she could take LT and are very serious about it
    TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

He's not the most overrated character of all time. Look at Superman.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

@Mercy_ said:

Completely agreed. And this is coming from a guy who's always preferred Barry over Wally.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 202122

@TheCannon said:

He's not the most overrated character of all time. Look at Superman.

Ha this is so very true

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Mercy_: I agree. You're not overrated when you can outrun death.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle

Wally, like most Flashes...are dues ex machina, speed based power machines...I like the character, his supporting, and rogues gallery...but the things he pulls off sometimes are just too silly  

Flash:"I'm going to react in a yoctosecond now"

Confused reader: "I thought you reacted at a picosecond"

Flash: "whatever..."

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Martian

OVERRATED: Wally West? No. Batman? YES.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jobbernos

@TheCannon: no you mean look at batman.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@Video_Martian said:

OVERRATED: Wally West? No. Batman? YES.

Avatar image for juandicimo_magnifico45
    Juandicimo_Magnifico45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jobbernos said:

Exactly

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Juandicimo_Magnifico45 said:

@jobbernos said:

Exactly

How does Batman even get in this thread? I mean What the FFtrfvBUIL?!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes. People always say he's the best because he was on the JL show and that's why won't give Barry a chance. Wally is nothing like that in the comics.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Not at all.

AlForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, like some other people, consider Batman highly overrated in comparison to Wally West. But then again, I'm a DC newbie so what do I know. * shrugs shoulders*

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's one of the most underrated characters of all time, because anyone who knows even a little about his abilities should know better, but I also wouldn't say he's the most overrated. Yes some people tend to go overboard for who he can beat, but honestly that tends to happen with any major character. I will say that Wally at least has an excellent list of feats to his name.

Crazy_Wilhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally's pretty great, Superman's not overrated, Batman's not overrated (just overexposed,) and everybody can still be friends, gosh. Even those weird Thanos fans, sheesh. Wally's got some absurd feats under his belt, and it's a shame he was miracled out of existence by DC editorial, but nevertheless, he's an excellent contender for your top tier battles. It's okay, that doesn't mean Thor isn't a cool character (he's pretty cool.) Wally is just also very powerful. Harmony, guys.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes definitely top three over-rated.

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

Actually, I think generally, he is underrated by the public at large. Most people are like, "all he can do is run fast". Anyone who has read the Flash's stuff knows this is not true. Now, he may be overrated on comic vine. I don't see him winning some of the battles people say he can, but generally, he is underrated. IMP. Vibrating through solid objects. Super healing factor. Can travel time. Can even send destructive vibrations, shattering solid objects.

So to answer the OP's question: overrated here. Underrated by the comics community at large.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jack Donaghy

Not overrated just overpowered, you don't want him to get to a point where it's almost impossible to imagine him losing.

Avatar image for superkryptonian
    superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By superkryptonian

@thecannon: yeah dude I swear its not like he's the leader of JL, beats Alien Gods, saves humanity like every other day, benches the Earth, defeats all powerful war lords, or beats incredibly powerful planet destroying AIs or anything. Oh wait yes he does he's F**king superman he's got better feats than any body

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman is not overrated ughhhh god i swear i hate Batman haters more than his fanboys...........

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, I think generally, he is underrated by the public at large.

He's overrated by the public. Nobody will give Barry, Bart or Jay a chance because of Wally being a founder in JLU and the numerous amounts of people who still have their nostalgia goggles on.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

@captnmcdeadpool said:

He's overrated by the public. Nobody will give Barry, Bart or Jay a chance because of Wally being a founder in JLU and the numerous amounts of people who still have their nostalgia goggles on.

I mean no disrespect to Barry or Jay or any of the Flash family...that's not what I meant. Probably just because Wally is the Flash I'm familiar with. But, outside of Comic Vine and maybe one other comic web site I can think of...at least in my personal opinion...too many people are like, "Oh, well what can the Flash do except run fast!"....that kind of thing.

Just my opinion...and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he can beat almost any conventional Superhero.

But i see your point i have seen battle threads between wally and All fathers like Odin who can control time and people on here say wally stomps.

it doesn't matter how fast you are if you're fighting a guy who is Older than the universe, exists on every plane and can control time, space, soul, mind and reality Wally may as well be a statue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@captnmcdeadpool said:

I mean no disrespect to Barry or Jay or any of the Flash family...that's not what I meant. Probably just because Wally is the Flash I'm familiar with. But, outside of Comic Vine and maybe one other comic web site I can think of...at least in my personal opinion...too many people are like, "Oh, well what can the Flash do except run fast!"....that kind of thing.

I see where you are coming from, but that is something that is associated with all Flashes, not just Wally.

captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

@captnmcdeadpool said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@captnmcdeadpool said:

I see where you are coming from, but that is something that is associated with all Flashes, not just Wally.

Yes, definitely.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lifeofvibe

@youmessinwithme: not when you can react in a yacto second

P.s seriously he so overpowerd that not even oden can beat him it would take some time before oden is able think speak or pull anything out of his sleeve to destroy wally in which case by then odens brains would be blown or wally would have ripped out his heart and even in a morals on battle he would have stole his kinetic energy and freeze him and go all as powerful as a white dwarf star punch him! in which case knock out

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@youmessinwithme: not when you can react in a yacto second

P.s serious he so overpowerd that not even oden can beat him it would take some time before oden is able think speak pull anything or reality warp or anything out of his sleeve to destroy the wally in which by then odens brains would be much or wally would have ripped out his heart and even in a morals on battle he would have stole his kinetic energy and go all as powerful as a white dwarf star punch on him in which case knock out

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lifeofvibe

@peppeyhare: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wally unbeatable when you can react in a yacto second (seriously) and steal kinetic energy

(Well at least anything that has and is using a physical form)

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AnimeLegend68

Hes the most ovverated character in history, i made a "who can beat divine spawn" and some guy posted "wally west solos".

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hes the most ovverated character in history, i made a "who can beat divine spawn" and some guy posted "wally west solos".

Chances are he was being sarcastic or mocking Wally supporters. It's a fairly common thing to do for people who dislike the character.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Every characters have fanboys, some fanboys are just annoying and don't know the limits of the their characters or believe he/she has no limits while some are kinda sensible, they set higher limits than the character's main limits.

I will not say he is over-rated but has more annoying fanboys than batman and superman.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShaoKahn

Thor and the sentry

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaokahn: They don't scratch the surface when it comes to wally's fanboys

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dredeuced

@kgb725 said:

@shaokahn: They don't scratch the surface when it comes to wally's fanboys

I've seen people unironically call Thor Multiversal in both offense and defense and use that molecule man feat to assert Sentry is as powerful as The Beyonder, so I beg to differ.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Those are anomalies most of them won't say something like that but Wally's fanboys say he's at least skyfather level on a consistent basis

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. People who talk about Wally use feats to prove what Wally can do. You cant overrate someone by using consistent feats.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dredeuced

@kgb725 said:

@dredeuced: Those are anomalies most of them won't say something like that but Wally's fanboys say he's at least skyfather level on a consistent basis

The people who say Wally is skyfather level are anomalies or, in most cases, don't believe what they're saying and are saying it to make Wally fans look bad. There's even an example of it in this thread. Also, calling someone a skyfather isn't as bad as calling someone beyonder or multiversal level. I've had to have multiple long, tedious debates debunking claims of both Sentry and Thor's apparent Multiversal level power with them legitimately believing and defending what they're saying with really bad usage of feats. So, yeah, I'm still gonna go with Thor or Sentry being a bit more overwanked.

Edit: Note that I am not saying that Wally is not overwanked. I have had to, multiple times, correct people on improper feat usage of things Wally has done. But Wally doesn't get near the play Thor and Sentry does on that angle. All three of them are bad but I think Sentry is the worst.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah him and prep batman should be banned

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Eh idk about that I made a RKTHOR battle and Wally was getting the nod fairly easily too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.