New Creative Team for THE FLASH Announced plus the Return of Wally West!

#201 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

that picture looks gorgeous!!!!

#202 Posted by VSG413 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

So is each Flash going to get a different color. Barry Allen = Red/yellow lightning, Reverse Flash = Black/Red lighting, and Wally West = Blue/White lightning. That would be pretty cool at least we a would be able to differentiate the Flashs quicker, instead of waiting for one to say the others name or look at the belt.

#203 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Venditti- Yes!

Booth- Why do you hate me, god? Every title I subscribe to, my least favorite artist somehow gets switched onto it :( It's a terrible curse

#204 Posted by thebizz (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Wally is back but I'm gonna miss his pre new 52 friendship with Nightwing.

#205 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I don't know. I kinda like how they keep on name dropping Tempest. Makes me look forward to seeing Tempest more in the New 52. Especially the way Ocean Master (sorry my mistake. It wasn't Manta it was Ocean Master) describes him!

They make him sound mysterious and dangerous! The suspense for him to make a physical appearance is cool and actually been fun! They actually said Tempest still exists! With Wally and Donna (I know she'll comeback soon) they wouldn't even give us a hint making us fans worry for these characters. At least with Garth we knew he would appear! Get what I am saying? Sorry if its confusing.

Also Cassandra, I heard, was mentioned in Batman Inc. and was Batgirl while Babs was disabled and now works somewhere in Asia in the New 52. Seeing her make a comeback would be cool for her fans.

#206 Posted by HushoftheWind (991 posts) - - Show Bio

flash red vs flash blue? something about this seems vaguely familiar...

i was thinking the same thing with the whole Red/Blue Superman thing that happen back in the 90s

#207 Posted by insanepayne7 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be good!!! Wally's finally breaking through the portal from Limbo!!!

#208 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully its the pre-flashpoint REAL Wally & not some new52 BS version, so he knows he's in the wrong universe & starts to fix reality & restore the DCU & character versions we actually want.

#209 Edited by ScarletWitchFever (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm. Vendetti is writing GL too, and he's writing Flash in April. Maybe now we can get some Barry and Hal team up stories.

GL's are on the brink of intergalactic war (again), and from Venditti's writing of GL, he's not too interested in kindling friendships.

#211 Edited by DoctorThomasElliot (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay Wally! But still no JPV after ten years :(

#212 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@scarletwitchfever said:

@spinningbirdcake said:

Hmmmm. Vendetti is writing GL too, and he's writing Flash in April. Maybe now we can get some Barry and Hal team up stories.

GL's are on the brink of intergalactic war (again), and from Venditti's writing of GL, he's not too interested in kindling friendships.

Well I hopes he's interested in keeping Barry and Patty together.

#213 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess they had to do something to set him apart and red and yellow were taken, I'm just surprised they went with blue. Pretty big departure.

#214 Posted by RustyRoy (12718 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome news but I don't like the costume.

#215 Posted by Dredeuced (5543 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully its the pre-flashpoint REAL Wally & not some new52 BS version, so he knows he's in the wrong universe & starts to fix reality & restore the DCU & character versions we actually want.

He's most certainly a different, changed Wally as per Didio:

#216 Posted by richardjohngrayson (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Was that Dan saying "I'm gonna F**k this up." ?

#217 Posted by Agent_Prince (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised how many didn't want to read The Flash until now. It was pretty much the top book in DC other than Batman, and the art by Manapul is the best DC has to offer, hands down. I was toying with dropping the book after #25, with this announcement, that is now cemented.

#218 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobramorph said:

He's most certainly a different, changed Wally as per Didio:

I don't need him to be anything like his old self power-wise, but I hope they keep his light-hearted and charming personality. I wouldn't mind if they kept Linda Park in the picture too.

#219 Posted by kilowog52 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I really started reading Flash with Johns' Rebirth mini. I thoroughly enjoyed that. His short-lived Flash ongoing just prior to Flashpoint did not impress. I have to say, I have enjoyed Manupal's and Buccelatto's (not sure which letters get doubled in there) stories, yet I am upset that so much of what Johns made important in Rebirth got thrown out the window. Chief among these were the dissolution through retcon of Barry's and Iris' marriage, and the exclusion of Wally West. Barry's relationship with Iris was made a key point by Johns, as Iris was Barry's Lighting Rod. And I think it was either in Flash Rebirth or Blackest Night where Wally said to Barry, "I'm the Nightwing to your Batman." And Barry replied, "No. You're the Flash to my Flash." I just thought that was awesome. I mean, I really don't care for any of the Flashes or the Flash in general too too much, so I certainly don't have a favorite. However, I don't like to see any of them get shafted. Before everyone chimes in with how Barry was gone so long, he was given a hero's death, and Wally took up his mantle and his legacy. So it's different.

As for the announcement on the new creative team, if you look on the article on DC Comics' website it talks about "Barry learning the consequences of using his speed powers." Now does this make anyone else think of what Venditti is doing in Green Lantern with the whole emotional reservoir, an idea I simply can't get behind. DC is obviously not gonna just stop having GL's, so something his gonna have to overturn that "discovery." I also don't buy that so many of the in-story characters accept this "reality" so easily. Aside from that, I'm enjoying Venditti's GL run, but these core ideas, I just can't get behind. If his Flash premises are similar, I will be quite upset. Does this guy have any other ideas?

#220 Posted by Denn979 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh he's probably the the kid spraying graffiti

#221 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be happy if the blue Flash is Wally West. It reminds me of the Blue Lantern Flash though. I would be ok with that too if it happened lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.