Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3106 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

New Creative Team for THE FLASH Announced plus the Return of Wally West!

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Please don't push Barry aside for Wally.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Why announce it? Doesnt anyone like surprises anymore?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks like I'll have two DC titles in my pull list now! April should be a great month! Return of Peter Parker, the return of Wally West and Red Hood and the Outlaws gets a new writer!

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the guy who look like captain cold and spray painting flash sux is proly wally lol

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still prefer Barry

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

YES THERE IS HOPE FOR HUMANITY! :D

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Among my friends we often had a debate, Was Wally West popular, or was The Flash popular. Thanks to the JLU animated show, the wisecracking version seems to be the one that comes to mind first. However with the recent Justic League movies, Barry has been in the suit, and assume with the upcoming JL:WAR, he will be as well. But the non-comic book folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Barry and Wally.

This may very well by one of those "Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it" moments. As I look back on it, I can't think of one single character that I preferred the New 52 version vs the previous versions.

Some characters are pretty identical to the older ones, but others they have tried to put a new spin on them and I think the new versions just ruin the characters, not build them up. The Teen Titans, Firestorm,Captain Atom, and Mr Terrific come to mind.

Really have no clue where they would go with this, as they have never really hinted at other speedsters related to Barry in the books I have read. I do hope they keep the Barry/Scientific mind/speed theory approach to his abilities while Wally it was more about his experience and determination. I like the blue look however, it will allow Wally to stand out and blaze his own path easily if he returns to the level of popularity he once had *fingers crossed*

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOOD!!!Now all we need is Donna Troy and Kaldur'ahm Aqualad!

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By LCazT1996

YAY YAY YAY YAY. FLASH IS SOOOOOOO ON MY PULL LIST AGAIN.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Words can't describe how happy I am to see Wally in the New 52. Now all we need is for Donna Troy to come back.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Venditti is writing this.... my wallet hurts.... but must buy it...

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
    MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By MarcosVergara14

@wtk1013: Pease! don't start other discussion of Garth vs Kaldur or Kaldur'ahm vs Jackson Hyde

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

YES!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jonez120 said:

I still prefer Barry

This

This this. And honestly, I didn't really miss Wally at all. The first Flash comic I read was rebirth, so Wally isn't "My Flash" like he is to others.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By kidchipotle

It is a good month for complaining fans. First, Parker is confirmed to return, just in time for the movie, what a shocker. Now, Wally West returns in April as well. All that is left is Richard Rider.

BACK ON SUBJECT:

I always preferred Wally West but I find it odd he did return so soon. I remember hearing he was suppose to be gone for the longest.

Anyways, I like the possible new blue suit. It is wishful thinking, but I'd love it if my imagination comes true and West gets his own new identity, like Flashback, feel free to take it DC.

(+)

Nope. there's still Donna Troy, Cassandra Cain, and Garth to make appearances in the New52 before we can even consider not complaining!

@arturocalakayvee: I know Black Manta mentioned Tempest in Aquaman #14.

Wow! I can't wait to see how they handle Wally. I am really excited by this though I hope they don't push Barry aside. Barry Allen is my favorite Flash and I believe he is THE Flash. Also maybe this also means we could be seeing Donna Troy. I miss Donna.

They also mentioned him in the one of the early issues of Red Hood but we need a physical appearance not just a name drop :P

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By Wardemon32

Now I think its time to buy the New-52 Flash comics. I only bought 3 and then I couldn't deal with them not having Wally West so I just stopped haha

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cobalt blue Wally West?

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see wally west never been affected by fashpoint, he was stuck in the speedforce or some bs like that and he comes back knowing everyone and no one knowing him

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I am not too familiar with Garth and I personally have yet to see anyone mention him/her. I didn't think Donna Troy was so popular and I didn't know she wasn't in the Nu52.

However, yes I totally forgot about Cass. I personally only have seen Stephanie Brown, Wally West, Peter Parker, Cassandra Cain, and Richard Rider complaints.

I felt bad for the Rider, Brown, and Cain fans because they have the biggest chance of not coming back for a while. I constantly think Rider will be the next Barry Allen, gone for a decade. However, Parker was obviously going to return and West took the spotlight from Allen for a decade; I felt no sympathy for Allen taking the spotlight and exacting "revenge" on West.

(+)

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Dredeuced

@the_stegman said:

@marcosvergara14 said:

@jonez120 said:

I still prefer Barry

This

This this. And honestly, I didn't really miss Wally at all. The first Flash comic I read was rebirth, so Wally isn't "My Flash" like he is to others.

It really shouldn't be about which one you prefer. Wally and Barry existed in the same universe, at the same time, for decades. There's a million Batman and Superman clones, there's no cosmological reason why there couldn't be multiple flashes. And indeed, there were for a couple of decades between Wally, Impulse, Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, and Jesse Chambers. Even moreso, you say you started with Flash Rebirth (which was a mess of a title, but let's ignore that). When you read this page:

No Caption Provided

was your thought process, "Man, I sure hope they get rid of Jay and Wally and the rest of the Flash cast so only Barry can exist," ? Because that's what they did. It was stupid, and it still is stupid, that Wally has no bearing on the current DC timeline while Kyle Rayner and Dick Grayson, his two best friends, trape around as full fledged heroes. It was silly to kill off Wally's entire major supporting cast. There's literally 5 human Green Lanterns, but it's inconceivable to have 2 Flashes?

So even if you started with Flash: Rebirth and the only character you know about is Barry and that's why you prefer him, you shouldn't demean Wally because you...haven't read anything with Wally in it. Honestly, I don't know how you can prefer one thing to something that you've never tried, and even still, preference shouldn't be exclusivity.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I am not too familiar with Garth and I personally have yet to see anyone mention him/her. I didn't think Donna Troy was so popular and I didn't know she wasn't in the Nu52.

However, yes I totally forgot about Cass. I personally only have seen Stephanie Brown, Wally West, Peter Parker, Cassandra Cain, and Richard Rider complaints.

I felt bad for the Rider, Brown, and Cain fans because they have the biggest chance of not coming back for a while. I constantly think Rider will be the next Barry Allen, gone for a decade. However, Parker was obviously going to return and West took the spotlight from Allen for a decade; I felt no sympathy for Allen taking the spotlight and exacting "revenge" on West.

(+)

You do know Stephanie Brown is debuting this year too right? In Batman: Eternal.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

@marcosvergara14 said:

@jonez120 said:

I still prefer Barry

This

It really shouldn't be about which one you prefer. Wally and Barry existed in the same universe, at the same time, for decades. There's a million Batman and Superman clones, there's no cosmological reason why there couldn't be multiple flashes. And indeed, there were for a couple of decades between Wally, Impulse, Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, and Jesse Chambers. Even moreso, you say you started with Flash Rebirth (which was a mess of a title, but let's ignore that). When you read this page:

No Caption Provided

was your thought process, "Man, I sure hope they get rid of Jay and Wally and the rest of the Flash cast so only Barry can exist," ? Because that's what they did. It was stupid, and it still is stupid, that Wally has no bearing on the current DC timeline while Kyle Rayner and Dick Grayson, his two best friends, trape around as full fledged heroes. It was silly to kill off Wally's entire major supporting cast. There's literally 5 human Green Lanterns, but it's inconceivable to have 2 Flashes?

So even if you started with Flash: Rebirth and the only character you know about is Barry and that's why you prefer him, you shouldn't demean Wally because you...haven't read anything with Wally in it. Honestly, I don't know how you can prefer one thing to something that you've never tried, and even still, preference shouldn't be exclusivity.

I very much applaud this post a million times over.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

wally is back yes yes yes

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah but I wasn't sure if Batman: Eternal will be part of the Nu52 canon.

(+)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@dredeuced: Well, you sure took my post and blew it out of proportion. All I said was, I have little to no connection to Wally, thus, I didn't miss him like his fans do, therefore, I didn't mind him not being in the New 52, no one is demeaning anyone.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Yeah but I wasn't sure if Batman: Eternal will be part of the Nu52 canon.

(+)

Ah I see. Yes, it is! So that's another thing to be excited for! WOO!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#129  Edited By Outside_85

What a great way to start the day. :)

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MarcosVergara14

@dredeuced said:

@the_stegman said:

@marcosvergara14 said:

@jonez120 said:

I still prefer Barry

This

No Caption Provided

I give you the 2 Flash thin beacuse is bumb that you cannot have two Flashes in a same universe but have you read any thread of Barry Allen people allwas says and quote: "Wally West is the only Flash that matters" there are people like me that like how Barry is and read the Flash for him.

I started at Flash #1 new 52 but i knew Wally from JLU and read his comic until issue #108, but it was boring to me and i stop reading it, i like more Barry allen. If you are a Barry Allen fan you know by fact that when Wally comes back the only thing that you gonna hear is "Wally is the real flash he doesn´t deserves to put in a secundary book".

As you read here many people didn´t even read a single issue of The Flash beacuse Wally wasn´t on it and didn´t give Barry a chance saying that he was a "blank and boring character" for a comic. I have my reasons to not like Wally West and prefer Barry over him as you have you reason to like him.

We all know that if Wally has higher sales than Barry he is gonna convert in a secondary character and Wally is gonna take the lead. And that is when i definitly stop reading The Flash forever.

I´m sayin that i don´t miss him like other fans would in The New 52

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'm seeing a lot of people commenting "picking up Flash now" or "now I'll read the Flash." It's a shame to see that, because these people missed out on what was one of the most consistent and high quality runs by a creative team since the start of the New 52. I too am happy to see Wally coming back, but what we had before was really, really good.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Well, you sure took my post and blew it out of proportion. All I said was, I have little to no connection to Wally, thus, I didn't miss him like his fans do, therefore, I didn't mind him not being in the New 52, no one is demeaning anyone.

When Wally was brought up, your impulse reaction was "Well I prefer Barry" which is very, very obviously meant to be "I don't need Wally, I've got Barry." Despite admitting you've never read a Wally story outside of his cameos in Johns' Barry run.

If someone said "I've got this delicious bucket of fried chicken, want some?" Your response shouldn't be "I prefer steak," if you understand what I'm saying. You can like chicken even if you've never had it before and love steak.

This is good news. It in no way threatens Barry so you should be happy to see Barry and Wally interact again. If you really do like Barry, you should realize that Wally is his surrogate son and there was literally no one in the world Barry cared more for with the possible exception of Iris.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@dredeuced said:

@the_stegman said:

When Wally was brought up, your impulse reaction was "Well I prefer Barry" which is very, very obviously meant to be "I don't need Wally, I've got Barry." Despite admitting you've never read a Wally story outside of his cameos in Johns' Barry run.

If someone said "I've got this delicious bucket of fried chicken, want some?" Your response shouldn't be "I prefer steak," if you understand what I'm saying. You can like chicken even if you've never had it before and love steak.

This is good news. It in no way threatens Barry so you should be happy to see Barry and Wally interact again. If you really do like Barry, you should realize that Wally is his surrogate son and there was literally no one in the world Barry cared more for with the possible exception of Iris.

And I'm still not seeing why my statement should offend you.

Let's continue with the food analogy. It would be like you saying

"Oh no, Wally West's House of Pancakes is shutting down!"

Then me responding with "I'm sorry for your loss, but I eat at Barry Allen's Waffle Hut, I've never been to WW's House of Pancakes, so it doesn't matter to me."

I'm not saying anything negative about the House of Pancakes, the House of Pancakes could be wonderful, but I've never eaten there, and don't particulary care to. If they bring the House of Pancakes back, then fantastic, of course I'll check it out down the road. But me not caring about something, even if it is due to ignorance is not offensive.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I cannot think positively i got that feeling that Barry is gonna be pushed aside to let Wally have the spotlight wich annoys me. And look at the picture, it looks like he has been watching Barry his costume looks a lot like cobalt blue

i doubt it, I mean his story is just getting started

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Dredeuced

@marcosvergara14: Wally is the real Flash. So is Barry.

If you didn't like Wally after giving his books a chance then that's fine. I was responding to someone who plainly admitted to never reading a Wally book and responding to this news with a pretty dismissive remark.

also, I find what you're saying kind of silly. When Hal came back, Kyle remained important and stuck around as quite possibly the most important lantern. He was the main guy for quite some time, just like Wally, while Hal was gone. It's the exact same situation. They tried to pull off the same thing with Flash Rebirth but DC didn't have the time or money to give to another Flash book (like Johns wanted) so Wally and his entire cast he had built up for years got binned and then deleted.

It spread a lot of ill will amongst fans of not just Wally, but Impulse, Jay, Jesse et al, and a lot of that was unfairly loaded on Barry because, well, they used Barry's Flashpoint story as their plot point for Flashpoint. The ire SHOULD be directed at DC.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Dredeuced

@the_stegman said:

@dredeuced said:

@the_stegman said:

Then me responding with "I'm sorry for your loss, but I eat at Barry Allen's Waffle Hut, I've never been to WW's House of Pancakes, so it doesn't matter to me."

I'm not saying anything negative about the House of Pancakes, the House of Pancakes could be wonderful, but I've never eaten there, and don't particulary care to. If they bring the House of Pancakes back, then fantastic, of course I'll check it out down the road. But me not caring about something, even if it is due to ignorance is not offensive.

If you honestly, truly did not care about Wally coming back then why did this article interest you and why did you deem it necessary to post in this thread to point out how much you don't care about Wally? I guess that's the part that confuses me -- the post you made and the ones you quoted seemed very intentionally antagonistic. Apathy rarely merits action.

I also pointed out how you clearly know something of Wally if you started with Rebirth. The entire point of Rebirth was reintroducing Barry to modern DC, most importantly Wally. You couldn't have read Flash Rebirth and say "I know nothing and care nothing of Wally," unless you just ignored everytime Barry mentioned him or he showed up pre-flashpoint.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@dredeuced said:

@the_stegman said:

@dredeuced said:

@the_stegman said:

If you honestly, truly did not care about Wally coming back then why did this article interest you and why did you deem it necessary to post in this thread to point out how much you don't care about Wally? I guess that's the part that confuses me -- the post you made and the ones you quoted seemed very intentionally antagonistic. Apathy rarely merits action.

I posted for several reasons

1. It's a forum, where opinions are shared and discussed.

2. The article is not solely about Wally West, it also speaks on a new creative team for Flash, I /like/ the Flash, thus the thread brought me here. I understand Wally is a beloved character, and I don't mean to insult him or his fans, but I stated my opinion (see first reason) that his return doesn't leave me overjoyed. Plus, I don't understand how you call out my apathy, yet ignore the other comments saying "I guess I will read Flash now!" which is showing equal apathetic views toward Barry and his current series.

People saying they don't read Flash cause of Barry is fine.

People saying they don't care that Wally is returning is an insult?

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa, he looks sick. Now THAT'S how you design costumes.

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: I agree with you in that they could have more books of the Flash books back then in Brightest Day like now we´got like 14 bat books. And yeah, much hate was unfairly put into Barry beacuse of Flashpoint. I esaly buy any Flash book in N52 if there was more than one. I respect Wally as Flash, father and character. The only thing i don´t want is him reciving all this attention this soon in Barry´s book. And again i respect your opinion and evrybody else about Wally and Barry

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Dredeuced

@the_stegman: I'd have followed you if you said anything about the creative team. It's a real shame that Manabooch are off the Flash title just as Wally came back. They fought really hard to try to reintroduce Wally even though Didio tied their hands on it.

I agree that the people who refuse to read Flash with Barry are also being needlessly antagonistic, but Barry isn't the guy who got the shaft for the last 5 years, and if they plan on reading this book then they're gonna be reading a Barry book, anyhow. I responded to you because your mention of Rebirth caught my eye -- Rebirth was the last DC media to have a significant amount of Wally West in it, so you clearly weren't entirely unfamiliar with him.

The other guys just had one off sentences with nothing to respond to, but I was responding to them as well since you quoted them. Being dismissive actually is insulting, mind you. Also, you can't prefer Waffles to Pancakes if you've never had a Pancake, man!

Anyhow, I'm gonna drop this line. It seems rather fruitless. I'm not trying to change your mind on who you prefer, I just found the posts and the logic rather odd.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I wonder how Wally will differ from Barry. Maybe they will give him a different sort of speed power. To make them different types of Flashes. Like Wally taps into the speed force to go faster, while maybe Wally's power is going to be time based. Like perhaps he slows down everything... I don't know. I just think if they are worried about there being two Flashes then why not try making them different. Same with Donna Troy. They could make her a Titan sent to Earth (a Thor type). Although now Wonder Woman is a demi god. So...

Eddgeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About TIME

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisticneedham: There's literally 5 green lanterns. People can just have the same power set, it's no biggie.

Though Wally is very obviously different. Flash isn't typically blue, heh.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: I'd have followed you if you said anything about the creative team. It's a real shame that Manabooch are off the Flash title just as Wally came back. They fought really hard to try to reintroduce Wally even though Didio tied their hands on it.

I agree that the people who refuse to read Flash with Barry are also being needlessly antagonistic, but Barry isn't the guy who got the shaft for the last 5 years, and if they plan on reading this book then they're gonna be reading a Barry book, anyhow. I responded to you because your mention of Rebirth caught my eye -- Rebirth was the last DC media to have a significant amount of Wally West in it, so you clearly weren't entirely unfamiliar with him.

The other guys just had one off sentences with nothing to respond to, but I was responding to them as well since you quoted them. Being dismissive actually is insulting, mind you. Also, you can't prefer Waffles to Pancakes if you've never had a Pancake, man!

1. I said the creative team brought me here,and that is true, I was gonna leave after reading the article, however, I saw two comments which I agreed on and quoted with them, just as you saw my comment, disagreed, and responsed (which I have no problems with by the way, ^_^ )

2. I completely agree that Wally is getting shafted and as I said, I understand why his fans would be mad. Matter of fact, I've put it in perspective. I'm a Nightwing fan, and if the New 52 suddenly got rid of Nightwing, and still had Batman and Tim Drake (as they still have Barry and Bart Allen) I'd be mad too. Having said that, Wally doesn't connect wtih me as other characters do so I can't help but being apathetic.

Anyway, on to my Rebirth comment. I'm not saying Rebirth was what made me LOVE Flash and start reading it, after all, the story was mediocre, I'm saying Rebirth is the time I started READING Flash as an ongoing series, i.e I started reading Flash in 2009, long after Wally was out of the spotlight. Though, admittedly, I'm not COMPLETELY unfamiliar with Wally as I read all of Morrison's JLA run, and he's in it there.

And I'm a creature of habit, I'd choose the safety of waffles over the unfamiliarity of pancakes, even if they might be superior. >_<

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!!!!!!!!!! :') Oh my God, finally!!!!!! The new 52 comes to it's senses!!!!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

So he's a futuristic Blue Lantern or something?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Now just imagine

You can have Waffles and Pancakes on the same plate.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: Now just imagine

You can have Waffles and Pancakes on the same plate.

What you speak of...is madness

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

WHEN'S DONNA TROY?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.