Follow

Wally West

Character » Wally West appears in 3143 issues.

Struck by the same lightning bolt that turned his uncle Barry Allen into the Flash, Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West took the name Kid Flash, became Barry's sidekick, and joined the Teen Titans. Eventually, Wally became the Flash to honor his uncle's memory, who died saving the Universe. He also became a member of the Justice League. He married a woman named Linda Park and had two kids, Jai and Iris West II. Currently, Wally is active as the Flash.

Need help with a Wally/Flash question

Avatar image for anthonyclements
    AnthonyClements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

1st post here, my favorite DC character is the WW Flash and I have questions for anyone on the CV to answer if you want.

1. I remember reading a issue of Wally's where he stopped some hijackers/terrorists, and he he hit one in the face and left a bunch of lightning ring impressions on their face, and then proceeded to eat a bunch of airplane food. Did I truly read this, or am I confusing issues?

2. Has there been an answer as to who is faster, Flash or Superman? I'd say Flash as his entire body is 'built' to use and harness the Speed Force, while Supes has so many abilities he can't just have the strength, speed, invulnerable, etc.

(I'd look for myself, but 2/3 of my collection was destroyed in an apartment complex fire.)

Thanks in advance, and if I can find the issues in the answer, I'll try to get them again, but that airplane scene was my favorite even after all this time has passed.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dredeuced

Hi all,

1st post here, my favorite DC character is the WW Flash and I have questions for anyone on the CV to answer if you want.

1. I remember reading a issue of Wally's where he stopped some hijackers/terrorists, and he he hit one in the face and left a bunch of lightning ring impressions on their face, and then proceeded to eat a bunch of airplane food. Did I truly read this, or am I confusing issues?

2. Has there been an answer as to who is faster, Flash or Superman? I'd say Flash as his entire body is 'built' to use and harness the Speed Force, while Supes has so many abilities he can't just have the strength, speed, invulnerable, etc.

(I'd look for myself, but 2/3 of my collection was destroyed in an apartment complex fire.)

Thanks in advance, and if I can find the issues in the answer, I'll try to get them again, but that airplane scene was my favorite even after all this time has passed.

1. I believe you are referring to the plane hijacking Wally thwarted in his very first comic as The Flash, Flash #1 volume 2. I remember the scene but I don't specifically remember if he left ring impressions on their faces. It wouldn't surprise me because he was definitely hitting them with his ring. It's the fight where, after he's done, he explains his extreme hunger as a stomach condition, right? I don't have the scans on me and I don't really want to go rooting through my old comic collection but this should answer you, I hope.

2. Pretty much has, and it's a safe bet that Flash is faster. They even so much as retconned all the races Barry and Superman had in Flash: Rebirth to say that Barry was always humoring Clark by making the races close (or ties) because they were for charity before immediately accelerating so fast that Superman is left standing still in comparison. Depending on the date or the writer or the run, this can change -- sometimes it was written that Flash and Superman are practically identical in speed with no reason for us to question the story or narrative, but there have been dozens upon dozens of times where Flash has done something Superman has never come close to replicating in regards to speed, and other times where Flash has been shown to just be straight out faster than Superman, that it's safe to assume Flash is much faster.

Basically, it boils down to: Sometimes writers like to write Superman as similar in speed to Flash, but Superman's never been shown to be faster, while Flash has been shown to be faster a whole lot of times.

Avatar image for anthonyclements
    AnthonyClements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreduced,

Sorry it took a bit to answer, post op surgery healing is NO fun.

I thought I wasn't crazy with the Flash scene in the comic. And your answer was pretty much along the lines I was thinking. I guess it boiled down to story, and/or writer as to who was quicker.

Thanks again.

Avatar image for beyondthespeedforce
    BeyondTheSpeedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry about the fire and surgery man that sucks. If you need anymore questions answered just ask them hear and I will help

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know about #1, but Flash is most definitely faster than Supes.

Jmarshmallow

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.