is it me or did grant Morrison make...

#1 Edited by lifeofvibe (3774 posts) - - Show Bio

him The most powerful flash

and not even in his own title

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Waid, Millar and Morrison (though mainly Waid and Morrison) each contributed greatly to Wally becoming the best Flash in terms of character, and the most powerful. Wally was the first to master the Speed Force, and thus was the most powerufl.

And most of that happened in (particularly Waid's run) Flash, not JLA.

Unfortunately, all of Wally's feats have been retroactively altered to be doable by Barry, and Wally no longer exists, because Geoff Johns is terrible.

#3 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (991 posts) - - Show Bio

Waid, Millar and Morrison (though mainly Waid and Morrison) each contributed greatly to Wally becoming the best Flash in terms of character, and the most powerful. Wally was the first to master the Speed Force, and thus was the most powerufl.

And most of that happened in (particularly Waid's run) Flash, not JLA.

Unfortunately, all of Wally's feats have been retroactively altered to be doable by Barry, and Wally no longer exists, because Geoff Johns is terrible.

Wait. Stop. Wally no longer exists? Could you possibly fill me in? I haven't kept up with Nu52 too much...but I'd heard he simply was in retirement. He seriously no longer exists??

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (991 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Well that sucks. Was never a huge fan of Barry...here I've been waiting for the Nu52 storyline to introduce Wally with Barry at some point in the story due to some time travel shenanigans like has happened in the past. *sigh*

#6 Posted by danhimself (21320 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by NightCrawler358 (202 posts) - - Show Bio

they've said before that the strongest (read: FASTEST) Flash is whichever one is heading the main Flash book at the time, as only he can hold the title "Fastest Man Alive." So at the time when Barry was 'gone' Wally was the strongest Flash, whereas now Barry is once again the strongest. (well Wally isn't even there in the New 52 but whatever.)

#8 Posted by Dredeuced (6239 posts) - - Show Bio

they've said before that the strongest (read: FASTEST) Flash is whichever one is heading the main Flash book at the time, as only he can hold the title "Fastest Man Alive." So at the time when Barry was 'gone' Wally was the strongest Flash, whereas now Barry is once again the strongest. (well Wally isn't even there in the New 52 but whatever.)

Who is they? Wally has done things that would boggle Barry's mind. Even in Rebirth Wally had to help carry Barry when the were running after Thawne.

Barry's obviously the strongest now because Wally does not exist and probably will not exist for several more years.

#9 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet feat wise Barry's only the "strongest" due to Wally no longer being around, and it being retconned that the Speed Force stems from Barry Allen to make the character look better and be more appealing to readers, after they put Wally on a bus.

#10 Posted by NightCrawler358 (202 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: You misunderstand me. Wally has done some incredible feats that Barry could never pull off, but only when Wally was holding the 'official' mantle of "The Flash," (which was when Barry was gone.) In that way Wally was probably the most powerful Flash, but I'd say that he wasn't that way when he was a secondary Flash character. Hence me pointing out how Flash writer's have admitted whichever Flash heads the title is currently the most powerful. (I'll try to whip up some sources here)

#11 Posted by Pokeysteve (9360 posts) - - Show Bio

Waid and Waid alone is responsible for making Wally the powerhouse that he is. Did great things with the character.

#12 Posted by Dredeuced (6239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: You misunderstand me. Wally has done some incredible feats that Barry could never pull off, but only when Wally was holding the 'official' mantle of "The Flash," (which was when Barry was gone.) In that way Wally was probably the most powerful Flash, but I'd say that he wasn't that way when he was a secondary Flash character. Hence me pointing out how Flash writer's have admitted whichever Flash heads the title is currently the most powerful. (I'll try to whip up some sources here)

When Barry came back Wally basically did nothing ever again after Rebirth so it's kind of irrelevant what Wally did when he became the secondary Flash.

Though, in Rebirth, he was still faster than Barry (picked him up when Barry nearly collapsed while chasing Thawne) and more versatile (told Barry about all the tricks he could do that he had to teach Barry like creating his costume out of Speed Force or blowing things up by phasing through them) so there was some semblance that, even when Wally was pushed to the side, he could still do things that Barry didn't know how to do yet. I imagine Speed Steal, IMPs, and speed lending all fit in that category, as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.